ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Nov 6, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #976 of 16,326
Internal memory can never be increased. The capacity of micro SD cards will increase with technology, so two micro SD slots have much more potential than one slot and more internal storage.

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #977 of 16,326
Internal memory can never be increased. The capacity of micro SD cards will increase with technology, so two micro SD slots have much more potential than one slot and more internal storage.

I assume the OS ultimately controls that so if there is an Android limitation I guess we are tied to the Android build on the DAP?

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #979 of 16,326
It should read up to 200gb, from my understanding though, current Android can technically read up to 1tb (I might be off on that).

You're just a little off in general
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #985 of 16,326
I don't have the DP-X1 yet, but the ZX2 already does all that and it's only Android 4.2

Nov 8, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #986 of 16,326
i hope dopaminer can go back and give a much better review on sound, i have a feeling that maybe and maybe he was not that impressed by it sonically

I hope my feeling is wrong as i have been eying this dap for sometime

u certainly can immediately identify how a dap sounds for example, when i made the move from fiio x3ii to ak100ii it was an instant knowing that the ak100ii is at least 10 times better sounding than the fiio x3ii in all departments

Nov 8, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #987 of 16,326
  i hope dopaminer can go back and give a much better review on sound, i have a feeling that maybe and maybe he was not that impressed by it sonically

I hope my feeling is wrong as i have been eying this dap for sometime

u certainly can immediately identify how a dap sounds for example, when i made the move from fiio x3ii to ak100ii it was an instant knowing that the ak100ii is at least 10 times better sounding than the fiio x3ii in all departments

Don't know, there is no reason to think that a company like Onkyo with a long history of audio excellence would make a bad sounding DAP. I think he really didn't get much time with it. If it isn't very good we will all know soon enough. I'm shocked I must admit that no solid sound quality impressions are out as of yet, and I would be lying if I said it didn't make me a little concerned. Still, I have faith so I will wait and see what I hear once my unit finally arrives. I have the PM 3, I have the balanced cable being made so it will all come together soon.

Nov 8, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #988 of 16,326
There are 12 days until supposed release. I have had a preorder since day one there started taking them. I am becoming a bit antsy about this. Usually there are some type of reviews or previews talking about sound

Nov 8, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #989 of 16,326
There are 12 days until supposed release. I have had a preorder since day one there started taking them. I am becoming a bit antsy about this. Usually there are some type of reviews or previews talking about sound
Is there any available pre-orders running at the moment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back