ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Nov 8, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #993 of 16,326
New to all of this.  The yen conversion rate make these just under 530 USD.  I assume they ship?  Does the US warranty apply?  How much would shipping be?  Sorry for the questions, but they are important. When do these go on sale in the US? If so, where?  thanks.

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #995 of 16,326
  New to all of this.  The yen conversion rate make these just under 530 USD.  I assume they ship?  Does the US warranty apply?  How much would shipping be?  Sorry for the questions, but they are important. When do these go on sale in the US? If so, where?  thanks.

It wil be 2016 before this reach he US, or very likely anyway. I paid $610US including shipping from pricejapan. No, the warranty on the unit is only for the Japanese market. If something went wrong you would contact pricejapan first. This is the inconvenience factor if you want the DAP before it reaches the US market.

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #996 of 16,326
Gee Bart, from the tone of your response, I guess that was too much for me to ask.  I'm sorry to bother you with those questions.  I have MS and am not feeling great tonight as my cognitive is off.  I'll have my wife figure out the shipping and ask her to read the site for me.  I'll just make the assumption that it's a reputable site or you guys wouldn't be sharing.  Either that or I'll ask my daughter in law in Kobe to go to that cool store in Osaka and get one for me.  Thanks for your response. I do appreciate it.

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #997 of 16,326
there was no tone in my response. I just answered your questions and recommended to go that site to gather any further information 
from their site.

Exact shipping price depends on weight respectively volumetric weight of the shipment, so it can only be estimated at this stage I suppose.

PriceJapan (although I personally did not use them so far) has a good reputation here for flawless shipping of items from Japan.

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #998 of 16,326

Thanks Sonic, I appreciate it.  I"m going to wait this out I think to see what folks think of the unit.  

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #999 of 16,326
Sorry Bart.  I post on many different boards and am usually one of the board leaders and when folks tell others to go read something or look up something that may be right in front of them, it usually is to tell folks to stop being lazy.  That's how I read your post back to me, so I responded the way I did.  again, I"m very sorry.  

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #1,000 of 16,326
My counsel to you would be to definitely wait for its release, see some reviews and then if still interested, to ask your daughter in law to pick one locally and ship it to you. That way if anything happens, sent it back so she can go to the store with the receipt for the warranty.

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #1,001 of 16,326

Thanks Sonic, I appreciate it.  I"m going to wait this out I think to see what folks think of the unit.  

Your welcome. MS can be tough, my grandfather was the president of a local MS Society chapter. Hopefully there will be some reviews available soon!

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #1,002 of 16,326
Thanks for understanding Sonic.  Yes it sucks, but life is great, just changed over the last 11 years.  That's awesome that he lead the chapter.  We need as many great people as we can get.  I keep thinking I want a dedicated DAP that is balanced and can do Tidal.  The MQA on Tidal interests me in that I was able to hear it on a few tracks that I knew and I was very impressed.  I think it could be nice to have that option in a DAP.  They seem to hit all the right notes of what many are looking for, but if it doesn't sound better than lower priced units, it may not be worth it for me personally.  I keep wondering if I should just be looking to get a top DAC/Amp for my iPhone 6s and go from there or if a dedicated DAP like this or even a QPR 1 I think it is, would be better.  Using PSB M4U headphones as well as Noble Savants so I don't need a powerful unit as the headphones have an amp built in and the IEM's are so easy to drive.  I'd probably use the PSB's without their built in amp with any DAP or DAC I get.  

Nov 8, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #1,003 of 16,326
  Sorry Bart.  I post on many different boards and am usually one of the board leaders and when folks tell others to go read something or look up something that may be right in front of them, it usually is to tell folks to stop being lazy.  That's how I read your post back to me, so I responded the way I did.  again, I"m very sorry.  

Sorry from me. I really did not intend a tone. But I am German, and we tend to sound a bit straight-forward sometimes...

Nov 8, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #1,004 of 16,326
Thanks for understanding Sonic.  Yes it sucks, but life is great, just changed over the last 11 years.  That's awesome that he lead the chapter.  We need as many great people as we can get.  I keep thinking I want a dedicated DAP that is balanced and can do Tidal.  The MQA on Tidal interests me in that I was able to hear it on a few tracks that I knew and I was very impressed.  I think it could be nice to have that option in a DAP.  They seem to hit all the right notes of what many are looking for, but if it doesn't sound better than lower priced units, it may not be worth it for me personally.  I keep wondering if I should just be looking to get a top DAC/Amp for my iPhone 6s and go from there or if a dedicated DAP like this or even a QPR 1 I think it is, would be better.  Using PSB M4U headphones as well as Noble Savants so I don't need a powerful unit as the headphones have an amp built in and the IEM's are so easy to drive.  I'd probably use the PSB's without their built in amp with any DAP or DAC I get.  
the onkyo spec sheet ticks all of my boxes except for only one aspect which is the battery. But I blame the Sony ZX2 for spoiling me :)
It might only output 15mW but my JP version + my Savants never go past 40% of the volume bar. I'd get permanent damage hearing loss.

But yeah, while it can do Tidal, it can't play MQA.

Nov 8, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #1,005 of 16,326
  Sorry from me. I really did not intend a tone. But I am German, and we tend to sound a bit straight-forward sometimes...

Yes, as do many Eastern Europeans. Sometimes efficiency in expression is a negative.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back