ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 15, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #7,201 of 16,326
Playing Roon on the Onkyo DAP (Roon Remote app on Playstore). Works flawlessly as a control point and as an Output device. .The signal path classified as High Quality (green) due to the final Onkyo OS output mixing, but bit-perfect till it gets to the device. With this addition, the device is complete as i can stream all of my NAS music, besides Tidal and memory.

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #7,202 of 16,326
Hey guys, I'm trying out a friends DP-X1 and have a question: When playing DSD files, the display says PCM 192khz on the bottom left side, next to the DSF 2.8 mhz. Also 48khz for tracks that are 44.1 FLAC etc. So even with upsampling off, does the DAP convert the files to the said format?

A small note: The soft case that came with the Lotoo PAW Gold fits the Onkyo perfectly 
wink.gif

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #7,204 of 16,326
Apparently it is. Look on Amazon, the seller is onkyo for $799 shipping from California

Apr 15, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #7,205 of 16,326
  do you guys know where i can purchase an US version of DP-X1? Is it out for US market?

Thank you 

It won't be any different I'll bet. They aren't going to make multiple versions, there is no need. If the DP-X1 is selling in domestic markets it is going to be the same as the units people were recently importing from Japan. I can't think of any reason there would be a difference in versions.

Apr 15, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #7,206 of 16,326
Correct, the US version I received was in the same packaging that serves every market and suffers the same QC issues. The advantage is the US warranty support and availability of 3rd party warranty extension plans, etc.

I couldn't bite on a grey market model for reasons discussed earlier in the thread, and sure enough-- my 2.5 jack has a hell of a gap. With full warranty support, I'm nowhere near as concerned about a malfunction. I'm not afraid of sugru, and I realize a warranty claim is feasible through PJ with an unreasonable (to me) turnaround time, but I'd prefer the route with less stress.

Still less expensive to import if you'd like to roll the dice, however :wink:

Apr 15, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #7,208 of 16,326
Have they acknowledged it or working on a fix? Or just leave as is?

Apr 15, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #7,211 of 16,326
AFAIK, nothing announced about it. Failure rates must be lower than threshold economically or they wouldn't have pushed it to the states this way.

All good for now, but I'm not going to baby it. We'll see what happens, no stress =)

Apr 15, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #7,212 of 16,326

Ok, just going to say, we butted heads.

When I recently spoke to x RELIC x, though we disagreed on some stuff, but I agreed much on his posts, we didn't butt heads.

That's the difference.
Our talks Zenifyx became quite mean, from both our ends. That acidic nature was not great for the forum.

As I did then, and as of this post #7142, if I am to continue to talk about the digital audio player I love, I am respectively removing myself from this particular topic.

Furthermore, though the topic itself is related to the DP-X1, I believe it is better suited in a more suitable separate thread (existing or to be created).

So, for the last time, I would like to not only clear the air, but put this matter behind both of us.
I am willing to extend my olive branch, and hope you will respond in (positive) kind.

Thank you.

(If you still disagree, hit me up with a PM. That would allow this thread to continue as is).

If you can send me a link of your ripped Mqs and DSD music files, you will get our first print of our skin and the 2nd version (a more glossy carbon skin). We're just fine tuning the cuts so it would be an easy installation for those who have never done it.

We are also giving an option for people to customize the back piece to a custom logo or a signature on the back for an extra fee. We're trying to engrave a logo on my DP-X1 right now.

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #7,213 of 16,326
Has anyone paired the DP-X1 with the Ether C's yet? Be curious to hear how that pairing does together via balanced output, or whether it would benefit from a seperate amp (Mojo/CDM)

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #7,215 of 16,326
Hey, guys... .Got a call from a Toronto retailer who might be bringing them in as early as next week! Might be able to do a group buy, DM me if anyone from Canada is interested.

Meanwhile, I just want to confirm a few things

- anyone who own Shure 846s, you hear any hissing during quiet passages/pausing/boot up that isn't part of original recording?

- for said 846s I'm reluctant to get a balanced cable only for inconvenience of swapping it out when needing to plug into another outlet - is there a recommended, capable, not esoteric/crazy expensive cable witht the shure connectors that people are generally recommending these days? Is there a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter to use balance wiring with regular headphone jack?

cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back