ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 16, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #7,231 of 16,326
Cross Post;

Opinions with those who have heard the Opus #1 and the Onkyo DPX1 what they think has better Sound quality overall I like analytical but with subtle warmth. This would be disregarding other options.

Thanks!

No, actually dp-x1 is more preferable than Opus even in SQ in the Hong kong market.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #7,232 of 16,326
If someone is looking for a sure winner in SQ than dp-x1, I will suggest the AK240ss. This is also suggested in the very early of this long thread.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #7,234 of 16,326
  Hi all,
Results of my Onkyo test are unfortunately not positive. My main reason for wanting this DAP was the streaming, as my main DAP is a Lotoo PG and I am super happy with it. 
As was mentioned before, all 3rd party apps I tried including Tidal, Spotify, Neutron player etc. had noise which was unacceptable for me. This noise is very easy to identify as it stays constant with no relation to the volume setting. So set your volume to 1 and play something with Spotify and you will hear it if it is there.
If looking at just High-Res playback of files, it is a very good DAP for the money. Every function worked well and quickly, I liked the UI and SQ. Oh, and there was a problem with the folder browsing, any file opened through that tab would shut down the Music Player app. I didn't try to fix this, just kept using the other tabs so it may be unique to the player I had. 

Hope this helps some one.

The noise seems a lot more prominent on Spotify than on Tidal. It's quickly lost in the background even at low listening levels with Tidal, but obviously still there affecting sound quality. 

I haven't experienced the problem with folder browsing, nor heard it mentioned as a more widespread issue so that may have been something with your particular configuration.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #7,236 of 16,326
  Hi all,
Results of my Onkyo test are unfortunately not positive. My main reason for wanting this DAP was the streaming, as my main DAP is a Lotoo PG and I am super happy with it. 
As was mentioned before, all 3rd party apps I tried including Tidal, Spotify, Neutron player etc. had noise which was unacceptable for me. This noise is very easy to identify as it stays constant with no relation to the volume setting. So set your volume to 1 and play something with Spotify and you will hear it if it is there.
If looking at just High-Res playback of files, it is a very good DAP for the money. Every function worked well and quickly, I liked the UI and SQ. Oh, and there was a problem with the folder browsing, any file opened through that tab would shut down the Music Player app. I didn't try to fix this, just kept using the other tabs so it may be unique to the player I had. 

Hope this helps some one.

Spotify, dead silent for me, I use my angie ciem, and already try with fitear tg334, still no hiss at all at volume 1.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #7,237 of 16,326
Has anyone attempted root on this device yet? Please, no lectures needed about risk, rewards, etc. Would love to know if it has been achieved.

Is there a way to access the bootloader? can you unlock the bootloader? if yes... the next step would be to find a modded recovery.img (like twrp) load it through the fastboot cmd and then install an app like super su through the recovery and that should have gained root access

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #7,238 of 16,326
Today Ive lost my onkyo It was stolen from my car among other stuff with 200 gb of music onboard !! I have anotger AK 320.
Question is do I buy another one or stick to the 320 and that's it.

wow! sorry to hear that, if you turn on the google services location, you still can search your onkyo.
it's depends on your needs. ak320 is good too.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #7,239 of 16,326
Today Ive lost my onkyo It was stolen from my car among other stuff with 200 gb of music onboard !! I have anotger AK 320.

Unless you absolutely need the streaming I say stick with the 320. Plus, the DP-X1 has pushed the envelope so new really good DAPs are bound to come out and compete with it. Even the X7ii is likely to arrive before a year goes by so unless you just loved the DP-X1 I would personally wait and see. Are you going to bother with a claim or just let it go? Sorry to hear about that mate.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #7,240 of 16,326

That's a bummer.
Unless you will get an insurance payout and can replace your DP-X1, I'm sure the AK320 is a more than capable device.

I would say stick with the AK320 for now, if after a while of solo use of the AK and only then if you are feeling as though you are missing out you could get another Onkyo.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #7,241 of 16,326
Unless you absolutely need the streaming I say stick with the 320. Plus, the DP-X1 has pushed the envelope so new really good DAPs are bound to come out and compete with it. Even the X7ii is likely to arrive before a year goes by so unless you just loved the DP-X1 I would personally wait and see. Are you going to bother with a claim or just let it go? Sorry to hear about that mate.

I don't use streaming at all. But I liked the UI and sound quality screen size Also. I believe the onkyo balanced output is superior
I know that buying same thing 2 times isn't as fun as having it the first time
I just let it go. I tried to find it by Google location. Couldn't

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #7,243 of 16,326

Gutted for you. The scrote who took it will probably chuck it away when they realise it's not a phone  
mad.gif

Spotify, dead silent for me, I use my angie ciem, and already try with fitear tg334, still no hiss at all at volume 1.

That's odd. It doesn't sound like something that would vary much with different phones. I'll try mine with some different options later.

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #7,244 of 16,326
Hi, 
Just received my rather expensive Onkyo DP-X1. 
Connected it to my Mac and NOTHING! Can't see any Sd cards or discs anywhere.
The manual only talks about Using a Windows music copier.
If it's only Windows compatible, and won't work off a Mac, the bang you hear is me shooting myself in the head.
Heeeeelp.

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #7,245 of 16,326
not sure about mac/windows compatibility but you can always use a microSD card reader. just saying. wayyyy faster than transferring over USB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back