ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 14, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #7,186 of 16,326
  Recently I started getting alot of EMI noise (at least that's what it sounds like) through running Tidal and Spotify apps on the dpx1.  Switching over to playing music from my SD card whether it be MQA, FLAC, AIFF I don't hear this "noise".  At first I thought it may be coming from my Linum balanced cables for my Noble 6 iems but I then switched to my stock cables and I still heard the "noise".  My question, is anyone experiencing this when running Spotify or Tidal?  When I say I recently heard this noise from Tidal and Spotify, is because I can't remember experiencing this when I first received the player and using stock cables only.  I pretty much bought this player for running Tidal and Spotify and I would hate to return it because playback of all hi-res music sounds so good.

I have not experienced that myself unless I am near a mobile phone. I tend to save for offline listening with Tidal and then switch off the Wifi and run in aeroplane mode. This won't work I know for spotify

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #7,187 of 16,326
I have not experienced that myself unless I am near a mobile phone. I tend to save for offline listening with Tidal and then switch off the Wifi and run in aeroplane mode. This won't work I know for spotify

That mode will work if you have a Premium Spotify subscription.

Apr 14, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #7,188 of 16,326
  Actually, adjusting the gain from high to low did help with reducing the noise, but I still hear it....  I guess the noise I'm getting is more manageable and I may just have to live with it.

No noise for me on Tidal (streaming and downloads). Using Shure Se535 with custom ear molds and balanced silver cable. I have gain on low too. 

Apr 14, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #7,190 of 16,326
That mode will work if you have a Premium Spotify subscription.

Aha forgot Spotify offered offline too (been a long time since I used it it had slipped my mind)
redface.gif

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #7,191 of 16,326
I just wanted to let you know that the screen protector included with the Dignis case is quite decent. Silly me, I didn't even look at it as I'm not a big fan of screen protectors over Gorilla glass. However, it is easy to apply, no bubbles and gives me some certainty the screen won't get scratched while residing in my pockets.

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #7,193 of 16,326
Apr 15, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #7,195 of 16,326
  yes, also with the DPA- GL033 installed
it's Angie ciem 
ksc75smile.gif

sound fantastic!

I bet they do. No problems with your fit of the CIEM I hear so many horror stories. 
I like the adjustments you can make to tailor the sound to your requirements

Apr 15, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #7,199 of 16,326
Just powered up my dp-x1 and started the music app. Last song played is displayed.

I just played a song, shut down and restarted. The music app opened up and displayed the up last long.

However, when I first powered on the unit (after 24 hours off) it came up as the folders tab with message "folder search completed".
angry_face.gif

Some questions for my debugging:

1. Do you have SD cards in both slots? What size? Format?
2. Is "Auto Sync" checked in settings?
3. Do you have all folders selected under "Music Folders" or a custom selection?
4. Can you pay attention to the music app start-up after the device is off overnight or a very long time? Does it start in the folders tab? Do you see the "search" message?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back