ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 20, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #3,961 of 16,326
I think I found the fix for 3rd party and DAC on the DP-X1. I have been trying it out here with Poweramp alpha, which acted like it was now it is stable and works with both AGC and Balanced....no funky wonky actions.

Quick, everybody try out "Hi-fi Everywhere" app in the Google store. It is free, and was originally developed for LG-V10 so it could help all 3rd party app to by-pass the limitations and restrictions within android OS, and route everything toward the additional DAC.

Amazing that this works on the Onkyo.

I recall reading about it in connection with the V10. If I recall correctly, it simply plays a silent audio file via the default music player app. Any other audio is then super-imposed on top of the silence but, most importantly, is delivered through the same path as the default player.

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #3,963 of 16,326
It's a good point. I just thought maybe you could unscrew the unit, but I'm guessing not.

Looks like access is through the front. Not good when a battery change is required. I hate this movement to sealed-in batteries. Apart from the fact that they wear out, it's often easier to carry a spare battery than a charger or USB battery pack.

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #3,964 of 16,326
I think I found the fix for 3rd party and DAC on the DP-X1. I have been trying it out here with Poweramp alpha, which acted like it was now it is stable and works with both AGC and Balanced....no funky wonky actions.

Quick, everybody try out "Hi-fi Everywhere" app in the Google store. It is free, and was originally developed for LG-V10 so it could help all 3rd party app to by-pass the limitations and restrictions within android OS, and route everything toward the additional DAC.

Let's see how this one work out for you all ? Don't mind the protection sheet, she is on while I am waiting on the protector

I feel like we all owe Onkyo the feature called AGC/Balanced to allow the access into both DAC separately from Android limitation, so with the "hi-fi everywhere app" everything fully access both DAC
biggrin.gif
in Balanced/AGC mode.

YouTube Earfonia Risset drum clip does not distort...it hits like hell !

Wish i could try it, it doesnt show up in the store (EU) :frowning2:

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #3,965 of 16,326
Wish i could try it, it doesnt show up in the store (EU) :frowning2:

It should, I have access and also in Paris... look for "Hifi Everywhere"

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #3,967 of 16,326
Thank for the tip Whitigir!

Anyway why I use Poweramp as a player the volume is very loud compare to stock player? At low gain I must decrease the volume to 85 from 110-120 while I use stock player.

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #3,968 of 16,326
Try here
https://apkpure.com/dac-fix-for-lg-v10/com.phascinate.lgv10.dacfix

APK shouldn't be necessary, I downloaded it from EU Store it's there alright

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #3,969 of 16,326

Yeah, I heard about it but it'd be much simpler if I could remove it rather than using another launcher. Thank you 
beyersmile.png

Usually on Android if you long press on a blank part of the screen after a second or two the options as indicated below would appear

If you were to condense your widgets onto a single screen you could reduce the number of screens.
But unless using Nova or Apex I don't think there is a way to remove the Google search bar

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #3,971 of 16,326
Thank for the tip Whitigir!

Anyway why I use Poweramp as a player the volume is very loud compare to stock player? At low gain I must decrease the volume to 85 from 110-120 while I use stock player.

Yeah, the sound is much louder. However it had happened twice now, while charging and playing music through TRRS balanced, one of the DAC/amp on one channel is clipping in/out. I am not sure if it happens with stock player too ? And when it happens, I had to do a reset to factory setting :frowning2:

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #3,972 of 16,326
http://www.head-fi.org/t/780642/onkyo-dp-x1-dual-sabre-dacs-balanced-sabre-btl-amp-mqa-dsd-256-android-5/3945#post_12268599

This defintely works to by pass all 3rd party audio output toward the SOHC , and instead re-directing it toward the DAC chip sets fully functional.

The only bad thing is that while charging it will not work correctly
mad.gif
sigh....

I need to know if this problem persist with even stock player while charging + balanced out. This is annoying

I dunno... I don't feel any difference after enabled it.

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #3,973 of 16,326
I dunno... I don't feel any difference after enabled it.

+1 so far can't hear a difference but I had no issue before, this being said I haven't tried the test track

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #3,974 of 16,326
  Usually on Android if you long press on a blank part of the screen after a second or two the options as indicated below would appear

If you were to condense your widgets onto a single screen you could reduce the number of screens.
But unless using Nova or Apex I don't think there is a way to remove the Google search bar

Too bad long press on DP-X1 only allows you to change wallpaper, nothing else.

I only have stock player and Poweramp widgets, and I have 3 blank homescreen 
frown.gif

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #3,975 of 16,326
Thank for the tip @Whitigir!

Poweramp user here and yes, it's much louder than stock player. But I really like the SQ on Poweramp better. Some people comment I'm being ridiculous becoz Poweramp supposed do not have access to the extra DAC so I'm only listen to an Android. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back