ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 20, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #3,946 of 16,326
I think I found the fix for 3rd party and DAC on the DP-X1. I have been trying it out here with Poweramp alpha, which acted like it was now it is stable and works with both AGC and Balanced....no funky wonky actions.

Quick, everybody try out "Hi-fi Everywhere" app in the Google store. It is free, and was originally developed for LG-V10 so it could help all 3rd party app to by-pass the limitations and restrictions within android OS, and route everything toward the additional DAC.

Let's see how this one work out for you all ? Don't mind the protection sheet, she is on while I am waiting on the protector

I feel like we all owe Onkyo the feature called AGC/Balanced to allow the access into both DAC separately from Android limitation, so with the "hi-fi everywhere app" everything fully access both DAC :D in Balanced/AGC mode.

YouTube Earfonia Risset drum clip does not distort...it hits like hell !

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #3,947 of 16,326
I think I found the fix for 3rd party and DAC on the DP-X1. I have been trying it out here with Poweramp alpha, which acted like it was now it is stable and works with both AGC and Balanced....no funky wonky actions.

Quick, everybody try out "Hi-fi Everywhere" app in the Google store. It is free, and was originally developed for LG-V10 so it could help all 3rd party app to by-pass the limitations and restrictions within android OS, and route everything toward the additional DAC.

Let's see how this one work out for you all ? Don't mind the protection sheet, she is on while I am waiting on the protector

I feel like we all owe Onkyo the feature called AGC/Balanced to allow the access into both DAC separately from Android limitation, so with the "hi-fi everywhere app" everything fully access both DAC
biggrin.gif
in Balanced/AGC mode.

YouTube Earfonia Risset drum clip does not distort...it hits like hell !

Thanks for sharing, but unfortunately, tried it and still having some distortion though.

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #3,948 of 16,326
Thanks for sharing, but unfortunately, tried it and still having some distortion though.

Did you try with Poweramp alpha ? Or the regular Poweramp ? Poweramp alpha can only be downloaded directly as unknown source, and is not on the google store. I never liked the "original Poweramp, which is on the googles tore currently"
Type this link into your dp-x1 browser, turn on wifi though. Allow unknown source to install onto your device

By the way, I am using TRRS out, and not 3.5mm out. Shouldn't be much different, however according to measurements, the 3.5mm is much inferior than 2.5 TRRS (measured better than AK380)
http://powerampapp.com/download/Poweramp-alpha-build-700-uni.apk

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #3,949 of 16,326
  I don't have my DP-X1 yet so unable to confirm this but being Android I would imagine you could use another Launcher such as Apex or Nova Launcher both allow you to remove the Google Search bar and also choose the number of home screen your device displays.
Just received my Tracking Reference so if you can wait a week for me to try
dt880smile.png

Yeah, I heard about it but it'd be much simpler if I could remove it rather than using another launcher. Thank you 
beyersmile.png

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #3,952 of 16,326
Jan 20, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #3,953 of 16,326
Maybe a stupid question: is there a way to disable screen wake when I plug/unplug the device to the charger? It's kinda getting annoying.

I've owned 3 other Android phones and have never had this problem before. 

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #3,954 of 16,326
Did you try with Poweramp alpha ? Or the regular Poweramp ? Poweramp alpha can only be downloaded directly as unknown source, and is not on the google store. I never liked the "original Poweramp, which is on the googles tore currently"
Type this link into your dp-x1 browser, turn on wifi though. Allow unknown source to install onto your device

By the way, I am using TRRS out, and not 3.5mm out. Shouldn't be much different, however according to measurements, the 3.5mm is much inferior than 2.5 TRRS (measured better than AK380)
http://powerampapp.com/download/Poweramp-alpha-build-700-uni.apk

Great info. I am Poweramp user and dunno there's such thing as Alpha version. Let's see how it goes. 
gs1000.gif

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #3,956 of 16,326
Click this link to see the measurements of DP-X1 which came out Superior to AK380 by TRRS out, and not 3.5mm SE

http://ohm-image.net/data/audio/rmaa-onkyo-dp-x1-24-bit

Have you auditioned Ak380 trrs performance actually??
redface.gif
They are not in the same league according to my AB comparison of  the two devices IMHO....

Jan 20, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #3,957 of 16,326
Just a thought. Has anyone tried to see if you can open the dp-x1 case? If you can unscrew it then maybe there is a better way of reinforcing the 2.5 and 3.5 jacks. I know, warranty warranty (what warranty, these are grey imports)

Jan 20, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #3,958 of 16,326
Just a thought. Has anyone tried to see if you can open the dp-x1 case? If you can unscrew it then maybe there is a better way of reinforcing the 2.5 and 3.5 jacks. I know, warranty warranty (what warranty, these are grey imports)

Heat up the glue around the scree, separate it to open the unit up :D...nah m not going to do that lol.

Have you auditioned Ak380 trrs performance actually??:xf_eek: They are not in the same league according to my AB comparison of  the two devices IMHO....

I would love to hear the differences, because measurements - only 1/3 of the story :wink:. Now how can I audition one ? Lol

Regarding the 3.5mm. It is easier to plug/unplug vs the TRRS 2.5. Defintely take care of your 2.5 gap before it break ! The 3.5 is ok, unless you feel like you are using it a lot and not comfortable with the side-side play by it

Jan 20, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #3,960 of 16,326
http://www.head-fi.org/t/780642/onkyo-dp-x1-dual-sabre-dacs-balanced-sabre-btl-amp-mqa-dsd-256-android-5/3945#post_12268599

This defintely works to by pass all 3rd party audio output toward the SOHC , and instead re-directing it toward the DAC chip sets fully functional.

The only bad thing is that while charging it will not work correctly :mad: sigh....

I need to know if this problem persist with even stock player while charging + balanced out. This is annoying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back