ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 20, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #3,916 of 16,326
I don't have any contacts to Onkyo officials, so I don't even know how to bring it to their attentions...lol. 

Worst case scenario, twitter is pretty powerful to make things move :)

Jan 20, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #3,917 of 16,326
Just form your suguru in to a thin thread, then Use your finger and push it (slowly) into the gap. Then clean up the area around neat and nice (let it dry for 20-24 hours before next use). I don't have any contacts to Onkyo officials, so I don't even know how to bring it to their attentions...lol. I honestly think that if you fill your gaps, you are set to many hours of enjoyment as sockets were designed to withstand plug/unplug forces (in/out) but plying of side to side were never designed lol....aka your gaps and lateral movements

Thanks, i will order some to see if it can help.

If somebody can give us any contact in Onkyo Company ???? I'll mail them my feedback ASAP.

Jan 20, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #3,919 of 16,326
Just form your suguru in to a thin thread, then Use your finger and push it (slowly) into the gap. Then clean up the area around neat and nice (let it dry for 20-24 hours before next use). I don't have any contacts to Onkyo officials, so I don't even know how to bring it to their attentions...lol. I honestly think that if you fill your gaps, you are set to many hours of enjoyment as sockets were designed to withstand plug/unplug forces (in/out) but plying of side to side were never designed lol....aka your gaps and lateral movements

Hi Whitigir,

I've also noticed the gaps and that the socett is not sitting in the center, the gap is bigger on one side, and was thinking just this morning of putting some clear supper glue around the edges. So what's the best material to use in your opinion, acrylic, suguru, other options?

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #3,921 of 16,326
  Guys i lost my SD-3's on the underground today :frowning2:
Im looking to get another pair of IEM's...Was thinking of the Shure SE846 or the StageDiver SD-4...Are there any other IEMS out there i should consider (must be able to convert to balanced)

You may want to audition the single-Tesla-driver AKT8iE from AK-beyerdynamic.

It is known to give you a more organic and intimate and effortless reproduction of sound as opposed to what multi-balanced armature IEMs do with multiple drivers.

Built like a German tank.

Comes with detachable cables - both 3.5 TRS and AK's 2.5 TRRS balanced cables
that work with Onkyo DP-X1 in SE and balanced mode in great synergy.

http://shop.iriverinc.com/astell-kern/astell-kern-akt8ie-in-ear-monitors-by-beyerdynamic.html

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #3,923 of 16,326

You may want to audition the single-Tesla-driver AKT8iE from AK-beyerdynamic.

It is known to give you a more organic and intimate and effortless reproduction of sound as opposed to what multi-balanced armature IEMs do with multiple drivers.

Please don't feed my frenzy I am eager to give them a listen :p

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #3,924 of 16,326
Hi Whitigir,

I've also noticed the gaps and that the socett is not sitting in the center, the gap is bigger on one side, and was thinking just this morning of putting some clear supper glue around the edges. So what's the best material to use in your opinion, acrylic, suguru, other options?

No superglue. Either both suguru/acrylic will do just fine. I recommend suguru for the elastic property of it.
What are you guys going to do when you need to open the unit for repair, or a battery change, and the headphone sockets are glued hard up against the case?

Fair question, but battery, and other components would last much better than this socket, lateral plays, and the gap over the plug/unplug usages. Both acrylic and suguru can bond just fine, and break lose easily when needed. My recommendation would be to remove the filled suguru before sending in for repair or warranty. Easy, just use a hard needle, pull it out. The same as the acrylic

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #3,925 of 16,326
Looking at those pictures, I wonder if the off center socket is not due to plug and unplug, mine is fairly well centered for now.
Did it move or was it like that when you unboxed?

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #3,926 of 16,326
No superglue. Either both suguru/acrylic will do just fine. I recommend suguru for the elastic property of it.
Fair question, but battery, and other components would last much better than this socket, lateral plays, and the gap over the plug/unplug usages. Both acrylic and suguru can bond just fine, and break lose easily when needed. My recommendation would be to remove the filled suguru before sending in for repair or warranty. Easy, just use a hard needle, pull it out. The same as the acrylic

What a pity more care wasn't taken with the size tolerances around the sockets, I'll bet they fix this on the next batch.

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #3,928 of 16,326
Looking at those pictures, I wonder if the off center socket is not due to plug and unplug, mine is fairly well centered for now.
Did it move or was it like that when you unboxed?

Out of the box and it was like that. I would say that the side closer to the chassis is where the motherboard is, and the sockets got soldered to it. The gap happens just because of incorrect tolerances in production engineering

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #3,929 of 16,326

ok thank you, will give it a go. I've already ordered acrylic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back