1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
First

Back
1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077
  1. Asspirin
    So I uninstalled the Onkyo Music app from my 300R after their service went offline... and it took my purchased music with it. No chance for recovery at all. Onkyo Music homepage already offline, no contact form whatsoever. Be advised to back up your purchased music before uninstalling the app. I'm done with this company.

udesign48 likes this.
  2. DBaldock9
    Finally got around to checking my DP-X1.
    Ended up having to use ADB and transfer "Onkyo_v1.28_update.zip" from my PC to the DAP, so that I could use TWRP to reinstall it, and "UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.78-20160905010000.zip".
    After that, the DP-X1 booted all the way up.
    But - when apps started updating from the Play Store, it started boot-looping again.
    Still not sure which one caused the problem.
    Went back into TWRP and reinstalled things.
    Before updating apps in the Play Store, went into Xposed Framework and deleted the modules that patch SoundCloud, Spotify, and YouTube (since they were some of the apps being updated).
    Then, I was able to update all of the apps, without causing boot-loops.
    Now, my DP-X1 is working again.

mbwilson111 and udesign48 like this.
  3. mbwilson111
    Mine was updated about a year ago. I do not use the android side of it... do not need any of the apps. Should I just leave it alone and not update anything? Would I even have anything that needs to update given my use of it?

4. DBaldock9
    The issue I had, was due to my DP-X1 being rooted, and my having installed some Xposed Framework modules that patch apps that were apparently being updated.
    If your DP-X1 isn't rooted, and isn't running Xposed Framework modules, then you shouldn't have problems with updating regular apps from the Play Store.

5. ricthaman
    Okay, so late joiner to the DP-X1 party here. I've searched this thread, but I couldn't find any deep info on the SQ difference between different apps (apart from the discussion on the coding of the app in order to use the balanced architecture).
    Does anybody here notice a big SQ difference between UAPP and Tidal? I think it's rather big, which I think is strange. the only thing I could imagine is that Tidal still uses the Android audio stack and UAPP sends directly to the DAC without going through the Android audio stack.

Anybody have any ideas on this?

DBaldock9 likes this.
  6. masterpfa
    I believe Tidal along with most apps on DP-X1 use default Android 16/44.1 with the exception that I know of being UAPP.

Although having said this not too sure now considering the Tidal app also plays MQA files

DBaldock9 likes this.
  7. DBaldock9
    If you search on the UAPP thread, you'll see where support was added last year, for Tidal HiRes and MQA on the DP-X1.
    However, Tidal only allows their Tidal app to do offline playing (this is probably to keep their encryption key(s) from being released into the wild).

8. carlosgab
    US $17.20 7%OFF | New Battery for ONKYO DP-X1 Player Li-Po Polymer Rechargeable Accumulator Pack Replacement 3.7V 1800mAh 5 Lines+Plug Track Code
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/5NT3x3TK

I bought this dap, 2nd hand, more than a year ago. Everything was smooth except for the crazy battery level which went up and down. It had the habit of staying at 50% level before it would suddenly shut off. I have tried resetting the dap but nothing changed. Just about an hour ago, while using it after much inactivity for quite a while (ofcourse the battery level at 50% again), it suddenly turned off and did not turn on even charge. So I guess this is it and there is not much to lose. I searched google for battery repairs but there is no info. I stumbled upon this asian speaking youtube video in which they opened the dap by pulling off the screen. Checked Aliexpress and found a battery replacement. All I have to do is to look for a guy who can do the task. Wish me luck. I am open to suggestions you guys may have.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    DBaldock9 likes this.
First

Back
1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077