ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 27, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #16,096 of 16,326
I'll take a stab at fixing the swollen battery.

I've fixed many high end phones/tablets and have all the service tools, so a media player seems like a walk in the park.

I'll fully document the repair here, because I'm sure everyone will need a replacement battery soon enough....

Apr 28, 2019 at 3:00 AM Post #16,099 of 16,326
This is the battery that was damaged?

It's still made, and costs ~$20 USD

s-l160adf0.jpg

Apr 28, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #16,101 of 16,326
I’ve had my player many years now and no swelling that I am aware of.

Most batteries don't swell up in their lifetimes, but if the internal safety Thermistor on the battery pack fails, the battery can overcharge and swell. It's pretty common.

But swollen or not, Lithium battery packs only survive 500-1400 charge cycles, and then they have to be replaced.

So no matter what, all us Onkyo/Pioneer player owners are going to need a battery swap in the future.

Apr 30, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #16,102 of 16,326
Ok well I thought my post was fairly concise and clear.. But if not here it is yet again.

**PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOUR UNIT REQUIRES A PART THAT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE IN ORDER TO BE REPAIRED. THEREFORE, THIS ESTIMATE IS FOR RETURN SHIPMENT OF THE UNIT AS IS**.

So I sent my DP-X1 in for service due to swollen battery.

I paid $67.50 to tell me that the OBVIOUSLY swollen battery is not available?

And ONKYO sent me a big F*CK YOU, and pretty much everybody else who owns a DP-X1, I'm so disappointed with ONKYO!! How could they not make replacement batteries? What?!?
------—--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Afternoon

Please click here to view a printable copy of your repair invoice for your DPX1. Please let us know how you'd like to proceed.

**PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOUR UNIT REQUIRES A PART THAT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE IN ORDER TO BE REPAIRED. THEREFORE, THIS ESTIMATE IS FOR RETURN SHIPMENT OF THE UNIT AS IS**.

If you would like us to proceed shipment of the unit back to you AS IS, please sign and return a copy of the printed invoice with your reply AND Click here to pay via PayPal.

PLEASE NOTE: By submitting this payment via the PayPal, you are electronically authorizing PanurgyOEM to charge your account $ 27.50.

**WE CANNOT PROCEED THE REPAIR WITHOUT A SIGNED COPY OF THE ATTACHED INVOICE.**

If you are refusing to have the unit shipped back AS IS, please print the invoice, check the appropriate refusal box, sign, and return.

If you request your original box to be returned, but the box is deemed unsafe per Carrier specifications, an additional fee will be charged with material costs to return your original box in a separate shipment.

Thank you,

PanurgyOEM
Customer Service
PanurgyOEM | 701 Ford Road | Rockaway, NJ | 07866
t.973.625.4056 | f.973.625.9489
http://www.panurgyoem.com

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #16,103 of 16,326

That's why everyone was telling you to post a picture of your battery BEFORE you mailed in your player, just to make sure your battery was the same as others who have already replaced it.

Onkyo does not make batteries, they buy them from other companies, like TCL.

Even if Onkyo does not stock the batteries anymore, TCL still makes them and they are $20 (1ICP4/53/67 3.8v 1630mah) .

It's used in a bunch of different cell phones, along with many Pioneer and Onkyo DAPs.

asdf-1.jpg

Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #16,104 of 16,326
How is the fake leather back safely removed in order to access the battery?

May 5, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #16,105 of 16,326
How is the fake leather back safely removed in order to access the battery?

To disassemble the DP-X1, I believe you have to pull the screen off, and go in from the front of the device.

May 5, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #16,106 of 16,326
To disassemble the DP-X1, I believe you have to pull the screen off, and go in from the front of the device.
That sounds like a recipe for disaster!

May 6, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #16,108 of 16,326
is there auto shutdown feature for this player/?
Yes, second menu choice under "Power Management". Found by touching the gear -shaped symbol.

May 7, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #16,109 of 16,326
Is it worth getting the DP X1A at US$480ish from Japan considering it is EOL? Or does anyone have an alternative? Fiio M11? There is no more demo sets in Singapore for me to audition. Currently using opus #1 with Earwerks Legend Omega and Toxic Virus cable.

May 11, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #16,110 of 16,326
New owner of dp-x1 here ! I don't know if this is common among other users but, while playing songs on the default music player, my wallpaper automatically changes to the album cover. How do i fix this? Another question that I have is, is there a way to allow the screen to be left on until I lock it? Since the maximum time is 30 minutes before the device sleeps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back