ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 15, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #16,081 of 16,326
I saw a listing for a 1TB card on Amazon Uk this weekend but it was not yet in stock. Now the listing has disappeared. The price was 400 pounds when I saw it. I did take advantage today of a 58 pound deal of the day for a 400 GB Sandisk card. That deal ends in about an hour.

Apr 16, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #16,083 of 16,326
I've had an X1A for a little over two years, and I've been having intermittent trouble with it.

It will randomly just stop playing, and then restart usually 1-10 seconds later.

I've gone through all the settings to see if there's any way to minimize the possibility of this happening, but no luck so far.

The music app is updated. I restart both the player and the app pretty regularly.

Sometimes it will go for days without happening, and other times it will stop playing several times in the same album.

I usually back the music up to see if it's a particular part of the song that caused it, but no. It seems very random.

Anybody have any ideas what could be causing it?

Thanks

Apr 16, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #16,084 of 16,326
I've had an X1A for a little over two years, and I've been having intermittent trouble with it.

It will randomly just stop playing, and then restart usually 1-10 seconds later.

I've gone through all the settings to see if there's any way to minimize the possibility of this happening, but no luck so far.

The music app is updated. I restart both the player and the app pretty regularly.

Sometimes it will go for days without happening, and other times it will stop playing several times in the same album.

I usually back the music up to see if it's a particular part of the song that caused it, but no. It seems very random.

Anybody have any ideas what could be causing it?

Thanks

Sounds like a possible memory device error.
There may be log files that are accessible, which could contain some indication of what caused the crash/reboot.

Apr 22, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #16,085 of 16,326
So I sent my DP-X1 in for service due to swollen battery.

I paid $67.50 to tell me that the OBVIOUSLY swollen battery is not available?

And ONKYO sent me a big F*CK YOU, and pretty much everybody else who owns a DP-X1, I'm so disappointed with ONKYO!! How could they not make replacement batteries? What?!?
------—--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Afternoon

Please click here to view a printable copy of your repair invoice for your DPX1. Please let us know how you'd like to proceed.

**PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOUR UNIT REQUIRES A PART THAT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE IN ORDER TO BE REPAIRED. THEREFORE, THIS ESTIMATE IS FOR RETURN SHIPMENT OF THE UNIT AS IS**.

If you would like us to proceed shipment of the unit back to you AS IS, please sign and return a copy of the printed invoice with your reply AND Click here to pay via PayPal.

PLEASE NOTE: By submitting this payment via the PayPal, you are electronically authorizing PanurgyOEM to charge your account $ 27.50.

**WE CANNOT PROCEED THE REPAIR WITHOUT A SIGNED COPY OF THE ATTACHED INVOICE.**

If you are refusing to have the unit shipped back AS IS, please print the invoice, check the appropriate refusal box, sign, and return.

If you request your original box to be returned, but the box is deemed unsafe per Carrier specifications, an additional fee will be charged with material costs to return your original box in a separate shipment.

Thank you,

PanurgyOEM
Customer Service
PanurgyOEM | 701 Ford Road | Rockaway, NJ | 07866
t.973.625.4056 | f.973.625.9489
http://www.panurgyoem.com

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #16,086 of 16,326

And ONKYO sent me a big F*CK YOU, and pretty much everybody else who owns a DP-X1, I'm so disappointed with ONKYO!! How could they not make replacement batteries? What?!?
------—--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Afternoon

Please click here to view a printable invoice for the repair to your DPX1. Please let us know how you'd like to proceed.

**PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOUR UNIT REQUIRES A PART THAT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE IN ORDER TO BE REPAIRED. THEREFORE, THIS ESTIMATE IS FOR RETURN SHIPMENT OF THE UNIT AS IS**.

If you would like us to proceed shipment of the unit back to you AS IS, please sign and return a copy of the printed invoice with your reply AND Click here to pay via PayPal.

PLEASE NOTE: By submitting this payment via the PayPal, you are electronically authorizing PanurgyOEM to charge your account $ 27.50.

If you are refusing to have the unit shipped back AS IS, please print the invoice, check the appropriate refusal box, sign, and return.

If you request your original box to be returned, but the box is deemed unsafe per Carrier specifications, an additional fee will be charged with material costs to return your original box in a separate shipment.

Thank you,

PanurgyOEM
Customer Service

This seems illegal.

Apr 23, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #16,087 of 16,326
Sounds like a possible memory device error.
There may be log files that are accessible, which could contain some indication of what caused the crash/reboot.

The way that I worded it might have been a little ambiguous... when I said that it restarts, I meant that the music starts playing again, not that the program or player crashes and reboots.

It's almost like somebody hits the pause button, waits a few seconds, and then hits play again.

Shortly after posting about this, I went into the developer options and limited the maximum number of apps running in the background. Since then, it's been fine. Maybe just coincidence.

I had previously tried running it in Standalone mode, which I thought was supposed to do the same thing, but it didn't help. Maybe the developer options kills other apps more effectively.

Apr 23, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #16,089 of 16,326

Good Afternoon

Please click here to view a printable copy of your repair invoice for your DPX1. Please let us know how you'd like to proceed.

Thank you,

PanurgyOEM
Customer Service
I said mine had a loose jack a year and a half ago ( the jack was a little loose) and they sent me a brand player.
You should try and speak to someone there personally and don't take no for an answer.

Apr 24, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #16,091 of 16,326
Apr 24, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #16,092 of 16,326
Was it under warranty? Mine's 3 years old.
Yeah, mine was under warranty. Still, yours with swollen battery this is not part of the normal warranty relates issue's. I would call and say this was a potential safety issue and if you're in the US mention calling the Better business Bureau. They should offer you a new one or at least a referb.

Apr 25, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #16,094 of 16,326
I have an R6 and _love_ it. The sound is crazy good. And guess what??? The jacks work!!! I sold the X1 to someone who was interested in repairing it.

Recently released is the r6 PRO. I believe there are a few internal changes but the big thing for me is the jack configuration. All of my balanced equipment has the small plug. I believe the PRO doesn't have a 2.5mm TTRS jack. Check to make sure I'm right on this.

Also, because of high impedance an attenuator might be need. With my IEM's I didn't need it.

Apr 25, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #16,095 of 16,326
Yeah, mine was under warranty. Still, yours with swollen battery this is not part of the normal warranty relates issue's. I would call and say this was a potential safety issue and if you're in the US mention calling the Better business Bureau. They should offer you a new one or at least a referb.

Well I did go ahead and send ONKYO USA a complaint letter saying as much, but I really don't expect any reply outside of, gee sorry for your troubles.
I'm already closing a deal on a Cayin n5ii that my buddy has laying in the box with 5 hours of use on it. I love the ONKYO sound so I'm staying in that sound signature, plus I have to have dual sd slots as I have 700+gb DSF music I carry around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back