ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
May 26, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #15,679 of 16,326
Quick question Guys.
Want to run Balanced out of my onkyo so 2.5mm into Rca inputs into my schitt magni 3.
Is it as simple as a 2.5mm lead one end and Rca ,red and white at the other? ?
Thanks again all

Typically RCA inputs are unbalanced with a common ground so I would not recommend this. You will be shorting the ground in your DP-X1 balanced circuit and possibly risk damage to your DAP. However you could use the 3.5mm output of the DP-X1 in line out mode to your Magni 3 with no problems. I've never used line out mode in mine so I'm not sure how line out differs between the balanced and unbalanced jacks.

May 26, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #15,680 of 16,326
Typically RCA inputs are unbalanced with a common ground so I would not recommend this. You will be shorting the ground in your DP-X1 balanced circuit and possibly risk damage to your DAP. However you could use the 3.5mm output of the DP-X1 in line out mode to your Magni 3 with no problems. I've never used line out mode in mine so I'm not sure how line out differs between the balanced and unbalanced jacks.
Ohhh ok I'm glad I asked and thank you for the heads up I'm currently using the 3.5mm out was just wondering about the 2.5mm is all

May 26, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #15,681 of 16,326
Ohhh ok I'm glad I asked and thank you for the heads up I'm currently using the 3.5mm out was just wondering about the 2.5mm is all

You're welcome. Just out of curiosity what headphones are you using with the schitt? You may find the balanced mode from the DP-X1 directly to your headphones more enjoyable if they're not too hard to drive (and of course they must be wired for balanced operation)

May 26, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #15,682 of 16,326
You're welcome. Just out of curiosity what headphones are you using with the schitt? You may find the balanced mode from the DP-X1 directly to your headphones more enjoyable if they're not too hard to drive (and of course they must be wired for balanced operation)
I'm glad you asked
I just got myself a pair of audeze Lcd-2 classics.
Very early birthday present to myself, absoutley have no regrets in the purchase

May 27, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #15,683 of 16,326
I'm glad you asked
I just got myself a pair of audeze Lcd-2 classics.
Very early birthday present to myself, absoutley have no regrets in the purchase

Nice headphones! I had some I bought about 7 years ago but unfortunately they got damaged in a minor flood. One day I may get another pair. Enjoy the music.

May 30, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #15,685 of 16,326
Reason is Balanced Mode...its better than unbalanced..its like comparing Electrostatic headphones with normal one..
But BELIEVE ME not...V20 DOES "BEAT" Onkyo hands down SQ, Exquisite detailing , presentation , airyness ..given the 3.5 mm unbalanced on each ..and high impedance mode activated.

But that shouldnt matter coz one can see only if he wants to ..

Just my 2c for Overhyped(seriously give it a rest!! ) onkyo..
bull, even my V30 loses to xdp-300r from SE. And i believe that pioneer xdp-300r is almost the same as Onkyo dp-x1 or version A.

May 30, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #15,686 of 16,326
hahahaha what a joke! But i have to confirm, u made my day bro
Bull****, even my V30 loses to xdp-300r from SE. And i believe that pioneer xdp-300r is almost the same as Onkyo dp-x1 or version A.
Dude. What the hell? Stop digging stuff!. Btw.. There is no way ak120 sounds better than dp-x1a imo.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #15,689 of 16,326
Is the Onkyo DP-X1 still a good buy now that it's a couple of years old?

Or is there a better unit out now along the same lines as this?
I still think its one of the best out there. If my over 2 year old jacks fail ill just get them replaced. I never really have issues with mine. Some people keep falling down the hole to find out the next latest device ain't really that great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back