ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jun 3, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #15,691 of 16,326
I still think its one of the best out there. If my over 2 year old jacks fail ill just get them replaced. I never really have issues with mine. Some people keep falling down the hole to find out the next latest device ain't really that great.
Agreed, I keep coming back to mine also. I think Onyko has the right synergy by using the matched ESS amplifiers with the ESS Dacs. Imho

Jun 3, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #15,693 of 16,326
I (like) my dpx1a also, it's a little bright and at times the digital noise is overbearing. Played at high volumes, it distorts a lot! I'm using the best iems in my inventory, IMR-R1's......
Definitely depends on your IEMs, I have the Alclair RSMs which are 4 BAs per side and are Customs and I get no distortion what so ever even at loud volumes and thats Balanced and SE.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #15,698 of 16,326
I wanted to know if anyone could advise on some earphones that have the 2.5mm balanced connector. So I can use the balanced output on the device.
Okay I get now. Any headphone with removable cable will be able to upgrade to a 2.5 trrs balanced cable. Take a look at the portable headphones section on the forums and you will find many options at all price ranges .

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #15,700 of 16,326
Jun 4, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #15,701 of 16,326
Can you advise on any?

Is this adaptor suitable so I can use my earphones....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/2-5mm-Audio-Headphone-Adpater-Cable-Black/dp/B000VLLI18

This adapter is not a balanced adapter. You do not want to use an adapter to plug an unbalanced IEM into your Onkyo balanced jack as you risk damage as has been stated. The only time you would use an adapter is if you want to use balanced IEMs with a device that only has a single ended 3.5 mm jack such as a chord mojo or just a phone.

If you want to use 2.5 mm balanced no adapters are needed. As the other poster suggested you need some IEMs that have a removable cable and then use a 2.5mm TRRS balanced cable to connect your IEMs to the balanced jack on your Onkyo. Most mid level and higher IEMs will come with a removable cable.

Good luck with your search.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #15,702 of 16,326
Does this device have the eu volume limit on as the Pioneer
This adapter is not a balanced adapter. You do not want to use an adapter to plug an unbalanced IEM into your Onkyo balanced jack as you risk damage as has been stated.

If you want to use 2.5 mm balanced no adapters are needed. As the other poster suggested you need some IEMs that have a removable cable and then use a 2.5mm TRRS balanced cable to connect your IEMs to the balanced jack on your Onkyo. Most mid level and higher IEMs will come with a removable cable.

How about this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077V57QBK/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

Thanks

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #15,703 of 16,326
This adapter is not a balanced adapter. You do not want to use an adapter to plug an unbalanced IEM into your Onkyo balanced jack as you risk damage as has been stated.

Something like this:

https://www.effectaudio.com/iem-premium-series/standard/ares-ii-877.html

matched to a good set of IEM's, and you're laughing. AMAZED at the soundstage.

Jun 4, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #15,705 of 16,326

Users who are viewing this thread

Back