1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
  1. mrmoto050
    Mine does not get hot while charging, it may get a little warm, especially in Balanced out while using both DAC's and Amp circuits, but that is natural if you ask me.

2. DBaldock9
    I haven't had any problems with the audio jacks (yet), but I decided to preemptively deal with the issue:

1.) Took some Kapton tape, and covered the top of the DP-X1
    2.) Used a fine-point Exacto Knife, and cut out the tape over the gap between the jacks and the bezel
    3.) Filled the gap with a gel-type glue, pushing / spreading it with a wooden toothpick
    4.) Removed the tape
    5.) Used the Exacto Knife to trim & remove any little blobs of glue
    6.) Cleaned the bezel and surface of the jacks with an Alcohol soaked Q-Tip

Top-View - Kapton tape, after applying glue
    DSC-171201-212126.jpg

Close-Up - Glue on Kapton tape
    DSC-171201-212204.jpg

Top-View - after removing tape and glue blobs
    (NOTE: Cleaning the tape and glue with the knife, did cause some scratches in the surface of the Gold-plated connectors.)
    DSC-171201-221552.jpg

fordski likes this.
  3. Steve Buck
    DBaldock9 likes this.
  4. DBaldock9
    Question for those who have used different DAPs through the years - Does the Onkyo Play Music app display "List" Tag info the same way as other apps / players?
    What I mean is - In JRiver MC23, I can enter multiple Artists or Composers names in a List Tag field (using a semicolon as the separator character) for a Track when I rip a CD, and when selecting any of the names in MC23, the Track is shown.
    While the compound List Tag is in the Meta data for the Track, when it's transferred to the DP-X1, the Onkyo Play Music app apparently on accesses the single entry field Tag (not the List Tag), or the first name, before the semicolon in the List Tag.
    If I change the semicolon to something like "\\" in the List Tag, then the Onkyo app sees all the names on the line, as one name - so they still don't show up as separately searchable Artists or Composers for the Track.

So, I guess I'm wondering if you know of a portable player app, that can read a List Tag, with multiple names in it for the Track, and be able display the Track when any of the names are selected? Thanks!

5. eywleung
    No. Unfortunately, it cannot. :frowning2:

6. eywleung
    I don't think you really should worry. Just be careful when you unplug as you should with any other devices, you should be fine.

anyworld1209 likes this.
  7. eywleung
    Isn't that what a hi-res audio player supposed to do? :)

fordski likes this.
  8. addyg
    After two years, dp-x1/a still stands at the top selling position. I think people are making sensible choice by value and sound quality.

Screenshot_2017-12-04-19-47-55.png

anyworld1209 likes this.
  9. addyg
    I have encountered a group member got his xdp-300r 2.5balanced jack break off. So I think I post the picture up for everyone to see. This is not dpx1 or dpx1a but I think it is the same as dpx1a .

The jack did not have the copper ring fall off. But it was broken at the below plastic part. I guess all DAP have similar plastic housing jack so all will break giving a big enough force.

Screenshot_20171203-160047.png

10. addyg
    Modding the dpx1 (aka xdp-300r)

I went to visit a popular mod shop in HK. I immediately saw two dpx1 are doing a mod. So you can guess how many are modded dpx1 (xdp-300r) in HK.

I listened to a modded xdp-300r which have capacitors changed to larger capacitors. It sound more attacking (harder sound) with clearer lines of sound and more density. I listened via balanced port.

I took a picture of an unassembly PCB. It have mostly all copper shield every noisy component that can affect the sound.

IMAG3326.jpg

11. TheNoose
    AddyG
    Not many people believe in such treatment. Yet it dramatically reduces signal noise. Enables components to work on pure music signal. Your listening experience validates this.
    Do they repair or fix jack issues so widely reported here?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  12. DBaldock9
    Wouldn't the copper foil need to be connected to the GND, to make the most effective shielding?

13. OneL0ve
    After 2 years of waiting, finally custom EQ backup and restore!!!! :ksc75smile: :L3000: Music version 1.8.0

14. addyg
    There are much more mod business than Jack repair business, so that will tell the fact.

15. addyg
    I am still at 1.72 . Is there any SQ difference for 1.80?