Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato / Pioneer XDP-30R Private
Nov 30, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #1,591 of 1,608
Couldn't tell because I downgraded when I Was only getting AAC. I'm on hifi plus now and the display says FLAC. Is this lossless now?

I'm pretty sure it is, although I have no way to be positive. The hifi plus plan should also include MQA as well. By definition, FLAC is lossless (Free Lossless Audio Codec).

Nov 30, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #1,593 of 1,608
Not sure if it's plus but it's the $10 plan that they recently said was plus for the same cost? I'm not on the MQA plan any more.

They have changed the plans so I'm not sure which is which anymore. I had MQA before and still have it now, but I didn't change anything. My plan is though Best Buy which was $99 per year, a pretty good discount.

Nov 30, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #1,594 of 1,608
4,5 years old player and fw upgrades are still coming out. I suspect 1.34 was only released to correct the issues introduced by 1.33, though. OTOH I'd be pleasantly surprised if they also updated the underlying OS/libraries (I have no proof one way or another)

Nov 30, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #1,595 of 1,608
4,5 years old player and fw upgrades are still coming out. I suspect 1.34 was only released to correct the issues introduced by 1.33, though. OTOH I'd be pleasantly surprised if they also updated the underlying OS/libraries (I have no proof one way or another)

I'm just happy that Tidal MQA is working again... I have other (presumably better) DAPs but for some reason I like this little player...

Dec 26, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #1,597 of 1,608
Well, I bought the Hiby R5 (non saber) and I love the Android integration. Doing extensive A/B switching, The Pioneer is the better sounding DAP, subtle detail and nuances that show me why people spend big money chasing the extra sound. The Hiby sounds great on it's own but The Pio is better and I didn't spend much on it a few years ago. I will use the Pio for installed content and stream with the Hiby which the Pio struggled with.

bob

Dec 26, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #1,598 of 1,608
Well, I bought the Hiby R5 (non saber) and I love the Android integration. Doing extensive A/B switching, The Pioneer is the better sounding DAP, subtle detail and nuances that show me why people spend big money chasing the extra sound. The Hiby sounds great on it's own but The Pio is better and I didn't spend much on it a few years ago. I will use the Pio for installed content and stream with the Hiby which the Pio struggled with.

bob

I have the Hiby R5 (non-saber) as well. It's my favorite small Android DAP. I do still use my older Onkyo PD-S10(B) though... even though the wifi is pretty bad for streaming... :sunglasses:

May 3, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #1,599 of 1,608
Looks like Tidal stopped working (again). I couldn't get it to connect. I tried logging out and now can't log in again.

May 3, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #1,600 of 1,608
Looks like Tidal stopped working (again). I couldn't get it to connect. I tried logging out and now can't log in again.

Update, I did a factory reset on my DP-S1 and still couldn't log in to Tidal on my LAN wifi. On a whim, I connected to my phone hotspot and was able to log in. Strangely it is now working on my LAN as well. No idea what happened. It stopped working yesterday, so I tried to be patient... :wink:

May 3, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #1,601 of 1,608
Update, I did a factory reset on my DP-S1 and still couldn't log in to Tidal on my LAN wifi. On a whim, I connected to my phone hotspot and was able to log in. Strangely it is now working on my LAN as well. No idea what happened. It stopped working yesterday, so I tried to be patient... :wink:
Gremlins in these babies for sure!

Sep 15, 2023 at 1:55 AM Post #1,602 of 1,608
I'm sorry that I'm 5 years too late but is there anyone that still has the source code for the Onkyo DP-S1 player? I wanted to do some tinkering now that I'm unemployed. I would really appreciate it if anyone could share their copy with me.

Sep 15, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #1,603 of 1,608
I'm sorry that I'm 5 years too late but is there anyone that still has the source code for the Onkyo DP-S1 player? I wanted to do some tinkering now that I'm unemployed. I would really appreciate it if anyone could share their copy with me.
Was it ever public?

There is a big bunch of underlying open source software, but the GUI might be proprietary. If you look under "licenses" you'll see what I mean. (I have the Pioneer version, but all the same)

Sep 15, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #1,604 of 1,608
Was it ever public?

There is a big bunch of underlying open source software, but the GUI might be proprietary. If you look under "licenses" you'll see what I mean. (I have the Pioneer version, but all the same)

I don't recall ever seeing the source anywhere, at least for Onkyo versions. Of course, I'd love to see what could be done with my PD-S10B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back