Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato / Pioneer XDP-30R Private
Aug 1, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #1,561 of 1,608
I forgot to add that line out feature is really important to me (I think unless you say max volume does the same thing)?

thx

bob
I’m pretty sure the Shanling and Hiby have true line out modes. I don’t think the Sony does. Please verify as I’m going on memory.

And no I don’t think max volume is the same, although it will work.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #1,562 of 1,608
1.33/21527aep
My DP-S1 also just found this new release - identified as 1.33/21527AEO after updating via Wi-Fi. I guess the last character O is for Onkyo and P for Pioneer. I could not yet find this update on the Onkyo update site either. I also have no idea what's different at this stage. It may just be updates to maintain compatibility with TIDAL, since I know they required many device manufacturers to roll out updates for exactly this reason over the past 12 months.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #1,563 of 1,608
My DP-S1 also just found this new release - identified as 1.33/21527AEO after updating via Wi-Fi. I guess the last character O is for Onkyo and P for Pioneer. I could not yet find this update on the Onkyo update site either. I also have no idea what's different at this stage. It may just be updates to maintain compatibility with TIDAL, since I know they required many device manufacturers to roll out updates for exactly this reason over the past 12 months.

Yeah, I was hoping the update would re-enable Tidal Masters (MQA) which used to work fine. But it didn't. All I get now is AAC (presumably at 320 kbps)... bummer.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #1,566 of 1,608
I (barely) can get the wifi working and everything on Tidal is AAC.

bob

I sent Onkyo support two emails on this issue, but there has been no response - not even an acknowledgement.

Aug 10, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #1,568 of 1,608
So is AAC lossy and if so, how bad?

bob

Tidal's AAC is 320 kbps, which is lossy. The 320 kbps rate is not terrible but lossless flac and flac with MQA were available and working just a few months back on my Onkyo model. I liked using it around the house because it's so small in the pocket. Of course the wifi didn't always work very well for me, especially when trying to connect.

Aug 15, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #1,570 of 1,608
The 30R used to support Tidal MQA before the latest FW ??

I have the Onkyo version, but the features were the same as far as I know. My PD-S10B definitely supported Tidal with MQA. I am not sure when it stopped working, however. I'm pretty sure it was before the latest FW update but it was definitely within the last couple of months.

Aug 22, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #1,571 of 1,608
I have a pioneer xdp-02u and for some time also not on mqa but aac 44.1khz. Why did this happen? I have no idea. pioneer does not reply to the e-mail. I go to dezzer hi fi because the flac from this site still works

Aug 22, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #1,572 of 1,608
I have a pioneer xdp-02u and for some time also not on mqa but aac 44.1khz. Why did this happen? I have no idea. pioneer does not reply to the e-mail. I go to dezzer hi fi because the flac from this site still works

Same here. Neither Onkyo Global or Onkyo USA has replied to multiple emails for support.

Aug 22, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #1,573 of 1,608
OT, but I picked up a FiiO M6 to replace my 30R and the Pio is significantly more detailed and better sounding. (line out mode 2 channel stereo)

Is that all about the DAC's? Still need a Tidal player that is as powerful or more in line out mode, and sounds equal or better that doesn't break the bank.

thx

bob

Aug 22, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #1,574 of 1,608
OT, but I picked up a FiiO M6 to replace my 30R and the Pio is significantly more detailed and better sounding. (line out mode 2 channel stereo)

Is that all about the DAC's? Still need a Tidal player that is as powerful or more in line out mode, and sounds equal or better that doesn't break the bank.

thx

bob

Doesn't the M6 support Tidal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back