Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato / Pioneer XDP-30R Private
Jul 21, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #376 of 1,608
He should be asking about USB out to external DAC (which is as transport mode).
It should work for both Onkyo and Pioneer but you need to connect the player and DAC up and first power up the DAC before the player.

For USB audio out, hook up the turned on amp/DAC to a powered off DP-S1/XDP-30R, turn on the Onkyo/Pioneer. Choose a song then select the 3 dots to the right of the song title on the play screen. Choose the top left most option of play triangle with 3 waves, select USB audio out.

Thanks guys, Think my Dad was trying just one thing out of step with hooking up and not been able to be there was a bit tricky from my part but he has now got it motoring from those helpful insturctions and he is now having fun with both his Mojo and newly acquired Pioneer U0-5 Headphone dac/amp with this Onkyo dap.

Cheers guys ; ):beerchug:

Jul 21, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #377 of 1,608
NP. It shouldn't be this hard to get working to be honest. It shouldn't require the powering on and off of the DAP to get to recognize the amp/DAC, and there should have been clear printed instructions included with the DAPs. We consumers had to figure it out.

Jul 22, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #379 of 1,608
Does anyone tell me what brand and size of the Micro SD card is compatible to Dp-s1? Is it Fat32 formatted? I have some trouble with sandisk 200g card. It always pop out "can not play". Thanks.
200GB should be OK, but the card must be FAT32 or exFAT formatted. I use two 128GB cards, one Sandisk, one Toshiba, both FAT32 formatted and have no problems.

Jul 27, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #381 of 1,608
Anyone here who have got a Pioneer XDP-30R has experienced loose jack issues? I can feel a very slight movement on both 3.5 and 2.5 jacks on mine. The earphone jack fits snugly and there is no music cut off or anything. I am worried if this will cause any serious issue in the future seeing some complaints about the older models.

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #383 of 1,608
Just bought the DP-S1 off ebay, got an Oppo PM-3 as headphones, can someone recommend a balanced cable for this combo, .......

EDIT never mind, found one at Penon audio

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #384 of 1,608
Anyone here who have got a Pioneer XDP-30R has experienced loose jack issues? I can feel a very slight movement on both 3.5 and 2.5 jacks on mine. The earphone jack fits snugly and there is no music cut off or anything. I am worried if this will cause any serious issue in the future seeing some complaints about the older models.

No problem with the 3.5 mm jack with direct connection or with 6.3 to 3.5 adapter. It's as tight as it should be. I don't have a balance cable so haven't try the 2.5 mm jack yet.

Aug 3, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #386 of 1,608
Hi everyone,

I am new to the HI-FI world, having some questions with my newly bought DP-S1(not more than a week)

Wondering anyone having such issue or it is something normal?

1. battery seems draining quite fast when stream on bluetooth connection
2. battery seems draining slight fast on idle
3. pressing on back button always will trigger the middle button

I guess leaving random playback does not affect the battery right?

Aug 3, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #387 of 1,608
Hi everyone,

I am new to the HI-FI world, having some questions with my newly bought DP-S1(not more than a week)

Wondering anyone having such issue or it is something normal?

1. battery seems draining quite fast when stream on bluetooth connection
2. battery seems draining slight fast on idle
3. pressing on back button always will trigger the middle button

I guess leaving random playback does not affect the battery right?

I can answer your first question, but do not know about the others. Running Bluetooth does in fact use a bit more battery. Any wireless features ie wifi, data or Bluetooth or APT X will use quite a bit more battery. It is just how stuff works. No real way around it other than not using these types of features. I don't own the DP-S1, but I do know this from having smartphones and ipods with those features. I actually gave up on Bluetooth after several different Bluetooth earpieces quit connecting to my phones. I was forced by my dad to buy them for driving while in college. I probably spent a few hundred trying different ones and they all failed quickly. We learned Bluetooth cannot keep connectivity for very long and it was an expensive waste of money. I avoid it now completely so does dad. Sorry for the tangent rant. Just sharing my feelings on it.

Good luck

Riley

Aug 3, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #388 of 1,608
I can answer your first question, but do not know about the others. Running Bluetooth does in fact use a bit more battery. Any wireless features ie wifi, data or Bluetooth or APT X will use quite a bit more battery. It is just how stuff works. No real way around it other than not using these types of features. I don't own the DP-S1, but I do know this from having smartphones and ipods with those features. I actually gave up on Bluetooth after several different Bluetooth earpieces quit connecting to my phones. I was forced by my dad to buy them for driving while in college. I probably spent a few hundred trying different ones and they all failed quickly. We learned Bluetooth cannot keep connectivity for very long and it was an expensive waste of money. I avoid it now completely so does dad. Sorry for the tangent rant. Just sharing my feelings on it.

Good luck

Riley
thanks for ur reply man! i will accept that fact about bluetooth having high battery draining

Users who are viewing this thread

Back