Oh where, oh where has my slim Arrow gone, oh where, oh where can it be?
Jan 19, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #871 of 892
Yeah, I would certainly like to know about the DAC cable since my upgrade order also includes one... Please let me know what you find out! Order 2966 here so hopefully mine won't be too far behind you.

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #872 of 892
Just received a reply from Robert regarding the DAC cable.  I quote:   "[size=11pt]the DAC cable will ship separately when the new generation is finished. I can’t give a shipping date now but I try to expedite the production as much as I can… [/size]"

I told him I would post this to let everyone know, as I'm certain I'm not the only one with the question.  

Happy listening!

Jan 19, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #873 of 892

Thanks a lot for the info. 
Quote:
Just received a reply from Robert regarding the DAC cable.  I quote:   "[size=11pt]the DAC cable will ship separately when the new generation is finished. I can’t give a shipping date now but I try to expedite the production as much as I can… [/size]"

I told him I would post this to let everyone know, as I'm certain I'm not the only one with the question.  

Happy listening!

Jan 22, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #874 of 892
In case people are interested, my order #3019 was changed to[size=x-small] "Arrow G3 shipped" [/size] this morning. I've placed it late December, so a bit under one month of waiting time really isn't that bad.

Jan 22, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #875 of 892
My order #2966 still shows as order processing.... weird.   
mad.gif

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #876 of 892
Hi everyone, I am interested in getting an arrow amp but I want to get one second hand. Can someone therefore tell me what the differences are between the 3 generations of the he-arrow? I am also pretty interested in the dac cable to go along with it although I know a new generation s ocming out, but maybe rob will offer a trade in or upgrade for that. Greetings, Anouk,

Jan 23, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #877 of 892
Copied from the HEADPHONIA forum:

Arrow Change Log

Arrow 1G:

- Since mid February 2010: Improved sensitivity of automatic switch (will not turn off accidentally)
- Since April 2010: Nuts are directly soldered on the circuit board (will not get loose)

Arrow G2.0:

- Second headphone jack
- No real power switch
- Deeper bass boost 9dB + 9dB
- Longer battery run time (up to 50 hours)
- Film input caps
- Lower ESR power rail caps and decoupling caps
- Rear switches are more recessed (less sticking out)
- Better firmware (faster power shifting, more precise battery voltage detection etc.)

Arrow G2.1:

-New pre-amp (less switch-on click noise)

Arrow G2.2:

- Change of output resistors from 10/75/120 to 0/65/110 (better synergy with some IEMs like Triple.Fi 10 which sound weird with any output resistor)

Arrow G3.0

- Change of output resistors to 0/20/65 (better control of treble)
- Additional ceramic capacitors to lower impedance of tantalum caps (virtual better treble but barely noticeable)

Yes, Rob is working on the new gen of the USB/DAC cable. It might be some time before he starts shipping the new version. Enjoy.
Quote:
Hi everyone, I am interested in getting an arrow amp but I want to get one second hand. Can someone therefore tell me what the differences are between the 3 generations of the he-arrow? I am also pretty interested in the dac cable to go along with it although I know a new generation s ocming out, but maybe rob will offer a trade in or upgrade for that. Greetings, Anouk,

Jan 28, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #881 of 892
I just got a message from my mom, that I have a package arrived. I had the arrow shipped to her address for safety purposes. I'm not sure if it's the arrow though. But I'm hoping. I want to go home.

Jan 31, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #882 of 892

Quote:
Quote:
took about 1 month to get to me from the status change. ymmv.

a month! my god id sooner walk to germany and pick it up

was delivery over christmas or when the weather was bad mate?

The status changed to shipped on 21st December but when I received the parcel it said it was posted on 3rd January. I'm not sure if that's considered delivery over Christmas...

Feb 5, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #883 of 892

Users who are viewing this thread

Back