Oh where, oh where has my slim Arrow gone, oh where, oh where can it be?
Jan 10, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #856 of 892

Quote:
I would say that Rob was pretty quick (in my case) to respond to my questions considering he has to design, build, test all his amps along with the PR all by himself.
Even though the webpage says 5-10 days wait time for the order to be ready I think we should give him may be around 3 weeks for the order to be ready.
May be it will be fair if Rob reevaluates the estimated wait time. People will have less frustrations.
I also think Rob ships the orders in big batches. That might allow him to get some discounts for the shipping.
I think it is fair for him since he does not charge extra for shipping.
I checked with UPS and if he sends the Amp via UPS it would cost around 160 USD to NYC.
So I won't mind if I have to wait for a few more days because of the poor service of USPS.
But it very surprising that USPS is taking more than 3 weeks to deliver the item.

Then again I do not believe that someone as reputable as Rob would change the shipping status of the order before actually shipping it as someone hinted above.
No, I am pretty sure that insinuation is inaccurate!

Hope your Arrow arrives soon. Mine is not shipped yet.

Quote:
Yeah.. i'm glad a few of you share my view.. it's really annoying considering how hard it is to get Rob to respond to an email or register on the forum should there be any queries or difficulties such as mine or Golden Monkey's. I don't want to shoot Rob down but as kind as I try to be, I honestly cannot say this is good customer support from Headstage.

I'm happy for you that you have been receiving good support from Rob. That's why I was a little hesitant on complaining. But for the rest of us that have our emails ignored by him, you should at least try to put yourself in our shoes. As I said before, it's not (just) USPS' fault because I seriously doubt that is the courier of his choice to send to my address in UK. Regardless of what postage service he uses, it seems to take weeks to get the amp delivered from the shipping date. UK is extremely close to Germany and there's no customs to go through within the EU. I think I read somewhere that another person from Austria (which shares the same border to Germany) got his amp 3 weeks after "shipment". It is just VERY unlikely that it takes more than 3 weeks to send anything within the EU (postal service here is very efficient), therefore I believe that the only explanation is a delayed shipping date. I hope you can see what I'm trying to say here. Again, I don't want to turn this into a whining. I just hope that like you said, Rob will give a much more accurate statement of our wait time / order status in the future.

Jan 10, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #857 of 892
The eagle has landed...my postman's testicles get to remain intact.  Now I just need to let Rob know that it has a big dent in between the screws...
confused_face.gif

Jan 10, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #860 of 892
Standard Rob shipping, lol...padded shipping envelope, thin box, amp inside a bubblewrapped sleeve.  It doesn't look like any shipping damage (no crushing, tears, or bashed corners), it looks like it was just pushed on pretty hard during assembly.  Not a huge deal though.  I sent Rob an email asking him when he's going to ship the replacement cases...I can wait for the new ones.  I can't find whatever it is that he considers a manufacturing defect.

Jan 10, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #861 of 892

Ahh well... I just hope that you get the preference for the new replacement case when they come out since you received a dented one.
Let us know what you think of your Arrow!
Quote:
Standard Rob shipping, lol...padded shipping envelope, thin box, amp inside a bubblewrapped sleeve.  It doesn't look like any shipping damage (no crushing, tears, or bashed corners), it looks like it was just pushed on pretty hard during assembly.  Not a huge deal though.  I sent Rob an email asking him when he's going to ship the replacement cases...I can wait for the new ones.  I can't find whatever it is that he considers a manufacturing defect.

Jan 11, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #862 of 892
#2856 arrived yesterday.  Ordered 11-10, arrived 1-10 (shipped 12-21).

I wouldn't be surprised if the time in shipping was greatly exacerbated by the holidays and perhaps some extra steps in customs nowadays. The wait does confound the situation.

Very nice little amp.

Jan 15, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #866 of 892
I came back after a long day out yesterday to find order #2890 waiting for me in the house 
normal_smile .gif
 Happy that I finally got it and will listen to it carefully over the next week. Rob also finally responded to my email I sent in late November. He apologized due to the Christmas rush. I guess I can't really blame him for that. I'm more relieved than anything really.

Btw, the amp was posted using Deutsche Mail on the 03.01.11 that is January 3rd for the rest of you. I guess my hypothesis was right after all. The worst part though is that he seemed to have forgotten to include the USB DAC cable I ordered together with the amp 
mad.gif
. I have emailed him already and I hope to get an answer soon.

Jan 19, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #867 of 892
Guys,

I don't want to rain on any prospective Arrow 3G owners parades, but my order number is - 2736 (ordered on 2nd October 2011) and I'm STILL waiting for my amp.

Robert promised delivery of my Arrow last November and to his credit did send an Arrow 2.2G for me to use whilst the electronics were being revised in the 3G late last year.

My real beef is that I've just read the Headphonia forums (under Arrow amp - delivery timetable) and Robert has posted a message on 01/13/2011 (post - 201) stating and I quote "As next we are shipping last December orders".

Reading previous thread postings I've noted that order numbers after mine have been fulfilled and yet my amp is where exactly?!?  Surely it's good customer service and for that matter politeness to deal with customer orders on a first come first served basis? 

I've repeatedly emailed Robert requesting shipment of the 3G and he's stated that it'll be despatched this month, so we'll see whether it finally arrives as promised.

Jan 19, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #869 of 892
Esanthosh,

Have you emailed Robert and requested the tracking number for your package? Of course I'm assuming that the item can be tracked.

If it's any consolation a LOD I ordered from Hong Kong on 23rd November last year was delivered today.  European postal services did experience severe service delays last December due to heavy snowfalls, so perhaps your Arrow amp was delayed in Germany?

I hope that the Arrow arrives soon. 

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #870 of 892
Order 2924 arrived today, Dec 21 shipping date.  No DAC cable.  Anyone know if these are being shipped separately?  I'll email Rob and see what's up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back