Oh where, oh where has my slim Arrow gone, oh where, oh where can it be?
Oct 24, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #751 of 892

Quote:
Here go, sir:

Really nice fit. The Arrow and the S:flo 2 (I mounted the Arrow via velcro on the S:flo 2 leather case).

I really dig the S:flo 2's stock, headphone out ... but I dig the Arrow via it's line out even better. 

But that's just me ... and this week ... lol ... others will differ (as is appropriate).

Rock it.

.joel.

OH wow! I want it.

Oct 24, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #752 of 892
@ Orcin ...

Really wicked little amp.

Here's the back side (gain settings, impedance settings, bass settings, crossfeed) ... all zero'd out on my set up for the most part, excluding the bass (which is really really good) ... 

You would not *believe* how good this thing drives full sized cans.

I just had Mike's AKG 701's in here and it was pushing them something crazy!  Couldn't believe it.

Really powerful little thing. And sounds awesome!

I'm not much for the whole crossfeed thing (never have liked it any time) ... but I dig the gain settings and the impedance settings. Also, again, the two stage bass settings are really really nice sounding.

I'm stoked!

Oct 24, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #753 of 892
I was just listening with my Arrow / X1060 / recabled HFI-780's this morning... it drives them very, very well too. 

Congrats s1rrah.

Oct 24, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #754 of 892
Cool, it should do decently with my denons, and whatever I get for traveling cans as well as my Ety's.

As for crossfeed, that and the impedance matching (ety p to s) is why I'm waiting for one.

Crossfeed is funny - some love it, some don't. I'm in the love it camp.

Oct 24, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #755 of 892
Anyone do  a comparison of this vs. the Mustang??  LOVE Samuels' amps, and have read all the pages of the Mustang reviews, now wondering how this amp compares.  Using UM3X and Etys coupled to 6g iPod

Oct 24, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #756 of 892
Quote:
Anyone do  a comparison of this vs. the Mustang??  LOVE Samuels' amps, and have read all the pages of the Mustang reviews, now wondering how this amp compares.  Using UM3X and Etys coupled to 6g iPod

Maybe you could read a few pages on (or use search with) this amp? There's a Samuel's amp comparison in more than one post.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/475499/headstage-arrow-he-reviews-impressions-perceptions-sensations

Oct 25, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #757 of 892
Hellenback: did that search with a search specifically for Mustang and found only one which was not really a comparison.  I know there are several comparisons of other Samuels' amps but was interested specifically in the Mustang

Oct 26, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #759 of 892
I ordered in February and received my Arrow in March. I paid the €50 extra for the DAC stick and wait since then.

But heck, it was just €50 and if that stick ever materialises, likely it will be the summit of the latest DAC cable and Arrow 2.XG. The same €50 on my bank account would have earned me some €0.50 of interest.

Oct 27, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #760 of 892
Ordered mine in June, came in yesterday. Everyone in the office was making fun of me for weeks, but they don't have what I have: the most wanted portable headphone amp on earth! Gotta go now, my entire music collection needs re-listening...

Nov 11, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #762 of 892

Shauntell47 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

never heard the Headsix, but if you find headphoneaddict's review of the two, he said that the headsix was about as good as the old lyrix....

So i'm supposing the arrow is better than these two... Of course, Eagle Eye is the only one who has an Arrow yet...

Could you give more detailed description? I'm new here, Thanks very much! Would you pls offer the related documentation?

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #763 of 892

Quote:
I joined the club today. Order # 2783.  Supposed to be November.

How's that November estimate working out for you? 
wink.gif

Still waiting for mine as well... #2852.

I might get my order number tattooed after this ordeal.

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #764 of 892

Quote:
Quote:
I joined the club today. Order # 2783.  Supposed to be November.

How's that November estimate working out for you? 
wink.gif

Still waiting for mine as well... #2852.

I might get my order number tattooed after this ordeal.

Wait for it, sir. Wait for it. You will be pleased.

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #765 of 892

Quote:
I was just listening with my Arrow / X1060 / recabled HFI-780's this morning... it drives them very, very well too. 

Congrats s1rrah.

Wow looks sexy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back