Oh where, oh where has my slim Arrow gone, oh where, oh where can it be?
Sep 30, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #721 of 892
Lordy! I finally got a shipped notice on my Headstage account today; US shipments seem to be taking about two weeks so hopefully I'll be in bizness in week after next. Jeez! What a long haul that was (3 months!) ... 

Oct 1, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #723 of 892
Wowsa! Mine came today.

Oct 2, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #725 of 892
Unfortunately, I think not. AFAIK the only way to get it currently is to order at headphonia.com and wait. and wait. and wait. (As I am currently doing).

Quote:
Any chance there is a site that carries this amp for below $230?

If not, I guess I'll have to wait.

Oct 2, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #726 of 892
I'm waiting for my ADuM4160 usb isolator to try with the usb dac cable. This isolates the usb dac cable's power from my laptop's usb power.

I'm also waiting when Rob will let 1G get traded for 2G.

Oct 5, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #728 of 892
He stops development on products he has already taken money for to redesign a product that was already great but he can't deliver enough of so upsetting two different groups of customers. Hasn't Robert heard of the KISS principle.

I say this as someone who waited 3 months for his Arrow and is still waiting for the DAC Stick many more months later. I feel no sympathy for him as he should have focussed on the products he had and was selling before redesigning already good products.

Quote:
After all the whining and complaints I can't blame him.  

Oct 5, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #729 of 892

Quote:
He stops development on products he has already taken money for to redesign a product that was already great but he can't deliver enough of so upsetting two different groups of customers. Hasn't Robert heard of the KISS principle.

I say this as someone who waited 3 months for his Arrow and is still waiting for the DAC Stick many more months later. I feel no sympathy for him as he should have focussed on the products he had and was selling before redesigning already good products.

Actually, he hasn't stopped development as a post earlier said.  He is upgrading the DAC cable as well.  I don't think he has refused a refund to anyone to my knowledge.

Oct 5, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #731 of 892
You are backing up my point that he is putting development time into the wrong areas. Now he is upgrading the DAC cable, another product that works very well, when he should be developing the DAC Stick a product that paying customers don't look like seeing for quite a while because Robert is too busy reinventing perfectly good products.

Quote:
Actually, he hasn't stopped development as a post earlier said.  He is upgrading the DAC cable as well.  I don't think he has refused a refund to anyone to my knowledge.

Oct 5, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #732 of 892

Quote:
You are backing up my point that he is putting development time into the wrong areas. Now he is upgrading the DAC cable, another product that works very well, when he should be developing the DAC Stick a product that paying customers don't look like seeing for quite a while because Robert is too busy reinventing perfectly good products.

Am I backing up your point?  Sorry about that.  
wink.gif
  Did you post on his forum?  Personally I would tend to ignore complaints on Head-Fi if noone bothers to post on Roberts forum that he developed for such purposes.  Just a general trend observation, not a personal comment.  

Oct 5, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #733 of 892
guessing from the "discussion" above it seems my hypothesis that the DAC cable's being upgraded is correct
smily_headphones1.gif

i share your sentiments gimbertt, but hey whats not for better amp and dac cable!
smily_headphones1.gif

my guess is that robert feels that the DAC stick is the least desired by the public (maybe orders were comparably lower?) and that it would be also more cost saving for the buyers if they got the dac cable and the amp, so thats why he's upgrading them? and since he's a one man show he aint got no hands to continue production of current products and R&D at the same time.... so lets all forgive the guy and enjoy newer and better music:)

ps: i'm still waiting for the dac cable to come back so i can get my hands on it  (amp can wait for me since i'm cash stripped lol)

edit: just checked his support forum. Damn this guy cant stop!! Serious case of upgradititis!! Dude just swapped a new opamp for his arrows!

Oct 5, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #734 of 892
Yes you are by mentioning the DAC cable which along with the Arrow 2G are products that are updates of good products while the waiting lists get longer.

As for the forums on Robert's site people have been asking about the delays to the DAC Stick since July and there is no response from him.

For some one who ignores complaints on Head-Fi, and have you checked the title of this thread, you seem to be involved in a lot of dialogue. Just an observation, not a personal comment.

Quote:
Am I backing up your point?  Sorry about that.  
wink.gif
  Did you post on his forum?  Personally I would tend to ignore complaints on Head-Fi if noone bothers to post on Roberts forum that he developed for such purposes.  Just a general trend observation, not a personal comment.  

Oct 5, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #735 of 892

Quote:
Yes you are by mentioning the DAC cable which along with the Arrow 2G are products that are updates of good products while the waiting lists get longer.

As for the forums on Robert's site people have been asking about the delays to the DAC Stick since July and there is no response from him.

For some one who ignores complaints on Head-Fi, and have you checked the title of this thread, you seem to be involved in a lot of dialogue. Just an observation, not a personal comment.

This is a personal comment.    You're not very good at reading w/ respect to context.  Try again or ignore me.  I didn't sell you anything and don't work for you so save the attitude.  Go be upset somewhere else.  You're just being redundant, obtuse and boring at this point.  I tried being nice but obviously your sentiments have clouded your judgement.  The title of the thread is 'where is my Arrow' not 'whine about your DACstick'.  So yeah, Helen Keller, give everything another read starting w/ the thread title.  I stand by my comment, which you ignored, that refunds are readily available.  G'day mate.  

Edit - Looks like Robert gave you an answer.  I'm sure you aren't satisfied w/ it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back