Oh where, oh where has my slim Arrow gone, oh where, oh where can it be?
Oct 6, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #736 of 892
You're right it was personal as was yours so I got the context.

Robert's answer was that he isn't going to say anything about it.

Now I will ignore you!

Quote:
This is a personal comment.    You're not very good at reading w/ respect to context.  Try again or ignore me.  I didn't sell you anything and don't work for you so save the attitude.  Go be upset somewhere else.  You're just being redundant, obtuse and boring at this point.  I tried being nice but obviously your sentiments have clouded your judgement.  The title of the thread is 'where is my Arrow' not 'whine about your DACstick'.  So yeah, Helen Keller, give everything another read starting w/ the thread title.  I stand by my comment, which you ignored, that refunds are readily available.  G'day mate.  

Edit - Looks like Robert gave you an answer.  I'm sure you aren't satisfied w/ it.

Oct 6, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #737 of 892
I got my arrow yesterday
biggrin.gif

order 2491. i think it only took a week to get to me in australia
biggrin.gif
well it was a week between noticing that it had shipped according to my account (i didn't get an email)
but it wasn't long between checks.

Oct 23, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #739 of 892

Quote:
You are backing up my point that he is putting development time into the wrong areas. Now he is upgrading the DAC cable, another product that works very well, when he should be developing the DAC Stick a product that paying customers don't look like seeing for quite a while because Robert is too busy reinventing perfectly good products.

You people obviously didn't live thru the XIn Feng era when he was developing his amps  WOuldn't return emails, letters, nothin' and kept developing and developing and changing and changing and wouldn't ship until he thought he had it right.  WOuldn't hear from him for months or even years.  He finally vanished out of sight for most of us.

FOrtunately, he also wouldn't charge your credit card until the amp was actually shipped.  Still, his wait time was well over one year.  He was all about perfection over customer service.  His amps were also great

Oct 23, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #741 of 892
Sweet Mother of Baby Jesus!

Mine finally came in today!

Man!

I haven't waited for something so long in my entire life. Not even back when I was a 13 year old D & D punk, waiting for his order of Grenadier lead figures to come in! (and *that's* saying something!) ... LOL.

Sounds real nice ...

I'm still trying to figure out how all the toggles work. Is there a guide/manual somewhere?

Also ...

Looks DAMN NICE seated up on my S:flo2 and it's leather case. A near perfect match.

I'll post pics later.

(shwew! four months of agony! Ahhhhhh. CATHARSIS!!!) ...

smile.gif

Oct 23, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #743 of 892

Quote:

Glad you got it, bro! I guess you must have taken a break to charge it by now.
wink.gif

Oct 23, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #744 of 892
I'm sure the answer is posted somewhere, but, well, I'm gonna ask anyway.  Let's spare everyone the "use the search function" nonsense and just assume I looked and couldn't find it....

Is there any issue with using this "desktop" style, plugged into a charger basically 24 x 7 when not using it portably?  I know that this type of use can fry batteries prematurely depending on how the charging circuit is configured.

Oct 23, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #745 of 892
I know that it is possible to use the amp while charging, and while I'm not sure if it might harm the battery, the Arrow uses a standard (read cheap) battery pack that is simple to replace if such a thing happens.

Also, wow, 2706 has shipped?! It might not be too long til 2725 after all
Quote:
I'm sure the answer is posted somewhere, but, well, I'm gonna ask anyway.  Let's spare everyone the "use the search function" nonsense and just assume I looked and couldn't find it....

Is there any issue with using this "desktop" style, plugged into a charger basically 24 x 7 when not using it portably?  I know that this type of use can fry batteries prematurely depending on how the charging circuit is configured.

Oct 24, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #746 of 892

Quote:
Sweet Mother of Baby Jesus!

Man!

I haven't waited for something so long in my entire life. Not even back when I was a 13 year old D & D punk, waiting for his order of Grenadier lead figures to come in! (and *that's* saying something!) ... LOL.

Sounds real nice ...

I'm still trying to figure out how all the toggles work. Is there a guide/manual somewhere?

Also ...

Looks DAMN NICE seated up on my S:flo2 and it's leather case. A near perfect match.

I'll post pics later.

(shwew! four months of agony! Ahhhhhh. CATHARSIS!!!) ...

smile.gif

Congrats!

Oct 24, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #747 of 892
@ Ken & Shelly ...

Great amp. *Really* great.

I thought it quite brilliant with the S:flo 2's line out and Shure SE530's ... but then I plugged my full sized cans in to that same portable setup (with the Headstage Arrow as amp stage) ... and DAMN! ... it's a surprisingly potent bit of gear. Seriously good, thick and awesome sound with the Shure 840's and the GS1000's ... albeit, both of them fairly low impedance cans ... but then again, I have the impedance setting on the Arrow at it's minimal setting. And the bass is just stupidly good. Really ... whenever we nail down our get together in the next few weeks (months?) ... I'll prove it. Great bit of gear from this German designer. Well worth the wait. And crap man ... it was a pretty damn awful wait! LOL. 

It's really perplexing how such a tiny bit of gear can make full size cans sounds so awesome. About the most potent portable amp I've heard to date.

Oct 24, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #748 of 892
There's a user manual here: http://www.headphonia.org/forums/showthread.php?t=95

The G2 sounds good with my Vsonic R02PROIIs, but I feel I am not getting the most from my amp and is considering buying a two or three driver IEM,
like Fischer Audio’s DBA-02 or something similar.

Oct 24, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #749 of 892
Oct 24, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #750 of 892

Quote:

Please do.

Here go, sir:

Really nice fit. The Arrow and the S:flo 2 (I mounted the Arrow via velcro on the S:flo 2 leather case).

I really dig the S:flo 2's stock, headphone out ... but I dig the Arrow via it's line out even better. 

But that's just me ... and this week ... lol ... others will differ (as is appropriate).

Rock it.

.joel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back