Oh where, oh where has my slim Arrow gone, oh where, oh where can it be?
Mar 1, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #331 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediaogre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's here!

Congrats! Seems to be the real deal, reading up on your posts - awesome!
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #332 of 892
Quote:

Naw, I think Rehabitats' comment still holds true - and we shouldn't pester Shauntell47 anymore with administrative overhead.
wink.gif

A true "Impressions/Review" thread is probably in order now. Being a newb here and a first-time reviewer, I'm not comfortable shouldering that mantle, but I'll gladly follow post.

For a first time reviewer your descriptions are perfect! Just keep 'em coming at regular intervals so those of us still waiting can live vicariously through you!

Congrats!

Mar 2, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #333 of 892
Thanks for your support Mediaogre. To continue this as an impressions/review thread would be misleading and possibly a disservice to Robert and his products.

Hellenback, while I agree that the thread title may be somewhat derogatory, it is ultimately harmless and there are far too many off-topic posts from others for it to be worth your while to delete your own. Seeing that you are the most prolific poster and that your comments on this amp are imo highly regarded, I believe the honour of beginning a new impressions thread should fall to you.

Mar 2, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #334 of 892
Quote:

Package Contains

1 Arrow 12HE headphone amp (one battery installed) Yes
1 USB Cable 70cm (28'') - NO
8 velcro dots (2 x 4 pcs) -Yes
1 strip of Tesa Powerstrips -NO

FYI...(From Robert)

"BTW, the USB cables went out of stock. You will receive one later (I guess you have a USB cable with Mini plug on hand).

Regards
Robert"

Mar 2, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #336 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellenback /img/forum/go_quote.gif
0 is 10 (to tame sibilance)
From the page/site description: Two-Step Impedance Setting (10/70/120 ohm)

OH NOS! Hyooston, I feel we are hyaving specification discrepancy!

From the HE manual page:

"IMP - adjusts the output resistor to 20, 70 or 120 ohm..."

Mar 2, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #337 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by rehabitat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your support Mediaogre. To continue this as an impressions/review thread would be misleading and possibly a disservice to Robert and his products.

Hellenback, while I agree that the thread title may be somewhat derogatory, it is ultimately harmless and there are far too many off-topic posts from others for it to be worth your while to delete your own. Seeing that you are the most prolific poster and that your comments on this amp are imo highly regarded, I believe the honour of beginning a new impressions thread should fall to you.

I''ve never started an impressions thread but as one of the first few to receive this amp I'd be happy to re-post my impression's in one.
I have intended to do a mini review/comparison but funds have been wanting for amps to compare (other than the Pico and Tomahawk on which I have already stated my opinion).

Mar 2, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #338 of 892
Quote:

OH NOS! Hyooston, I feel we are hyaving specification discrepancy!

From the HE manual page:

"IMP - adjusts the output resistor to 20, 70 or 120 ohm..."

As English does not seem to be Robert's forte and there have been at least two production runs of this amp there very well could be a difference between models/updates. I've read the newer one has a higher 2nd bass boost step of 12db as opposed to mine which is 9db.

Mar 2, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #339 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For a first time reviewer your descriptions are perfect! Just keep 'em coming at regular intervals so those of us still waiting can live vicariously through you!

Congrats!

Thanks for the encouragement, cn11!

I need to correct something I stated earlier:
Quote:

No DAP hdd queue-up farting (YAY! I hated hearing this!)

On the higher gain settings and the DAP cranked I can hear a little bit of hdd queue noise but it's quite subdued.

<loud smacking sound>
Slaps self on wrist
</loud smacking sound>

Mar 2, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #340 of 892
i sent Robert an e-mail yesterday regarding the status of my order and he still has not responded. when has he been sending you guys these e-mails?

Mar 2, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #341 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by EraserXIV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i sent Robert an e-mail yesterday regarding the status of my order and he still has not responded. when has he been sending you guys these e-mails?

I received one today, but sometimes he takes a couple days. Hang tight, man. He'll respond. He must be a busy dude, and I imagine he's about to get busier.

Mar 2, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #342 of 892
Quote:

Thanks for the encouragement, cn11!

I need to correct something I stated earlier:

On the higher gain settings and the DAP cranked I can hear a little bit of hdd queue noise but it's quite subdued.

<loud smacking sound>
Slaps self on wrist
</loud smacking sound>

Quote:

On the higher gain settings and the DAP cranked

I'd be surprised if any amplifier didn't amplify noise emitted by the hdd at least a tiny bit (especially with the DAP cranked as you put it). Are you using HO or LO?

Mar 2, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #343 of 892
Quote:

I received one today, but sometimes he takes a couple days. Hang tight, man. He'll respond. He must be a busy dude, and I imagine he's about to get busier.

I find it strange that he took the time to answer some e-mails but ignored others. I sent him a question about 2 weeks ago and that was ignored too. I just assumed he was doing this to everyone. It appears not...

Mar 2, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #344 of 892
I would be very much behind one of you lucky few to have this amp currently starting the impressions thread. Hopefully I'll have some by the end of the week to add. It would be a good time to start it because several more of us who've posted here will be getting them within a few days.

Good listening.

Edit-
Mediaogre: No time like the present to do your first impressions thread. I did one for the FS Atrios when I was a relative newbie, and had no idea what was involved in starting one. There's not really a whole lot to be done once you've begun it with your initial post... just keep up with it, and enjoy posting.

Mar 2, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #345 of 892
Well, I received my Arrow and USB-DAC-Cable...

I have not had more than 2 minutes to listen, but I did do a little Shadow comparison and all I have to say right now is I am not disappointed at all! I will post some pics and more impressions later tonight.

I don't really want to say anything yet due to the very short time I have had, but I think I might have scored with this purchase. The USB-DAC-Cable combined with the Arrow sounds pretty spectacular. Of course, I will have to compare with the uDAC
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back