Oh where, oh where has my slim Arrow gone, oh where, oh where can it be?
Mar 1, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #316 of 892
It's here!

I hope it was just me that may have missed something, but if you got yerself confused like I did, ordered on the same day as me and haven't had post delivery yet today, go out and buy yourself a mini USB cable if you don't have one. From the Headphonia HE page:

Package Contains

1 Arrow 12HE headphone amp (one battery installed) Yes
1 USB Cable 70cm (28'') - NO
8 velcro dots (2 x 4 pcs) -Yes
1 strip of Tesa Powerstrips -NO

Now that I've borrowed a cable, on to charging, burning and listening. More to come!!

Mar 1, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #317 of 892
OMG (Can I say that here?
wink.gif
)

I'm sorry folks. I'm not going to be able to respond for a while. Talk to you when I run out of condoms and return from my honeymoon. I've already found so many different sounds from different setting configurations that just sound wonderful to my ears and have effectively breathed life into my se530s, which until now, sounded like very good midrangey headphones. DAMN this thing is quiet and the PUNCH it delivers!! Thank you Robert.

ICYC - Listening to Porcupine Tree, In Absentia

Mar 1, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #318 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediaogre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's here!

I hope it was just me that may have missed something, but if you got yerself confused like I did, ordered on the same day as me and haven't had post delivery yet today, go out and buy yourself a mini USB cable if you don't have one. From the Headphonia HE page:

Package Contains

1 Arrow 12HE headphone amp (one battery installed) Yes
1 USB Cable 70cm (28'') - NO
8 velcro dots (2 x 4 pcs) -Yes
1 strip of Tesa Powerstrips -NO

Now that I've borrowed a cable, on to charging, burning and listening. More to come!!

Pleaaaaasssssseeeeeeee don't keep me in suspense - tell me more
icon10.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #319 of 892
Nice thread title Shauntell, put a smile on my dial when I saw it.

Good point about the flood of orders Robert likely received after those early impressions went up. This thread is a little like the Pico Slim preorder thread but more random, probably because Robert is not here to keep it on the level.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts in the new thread. Hopefully Hellenback and EagleEye will re post theirs too. Maybe Mediogre :wink: will kick it off?

Mar 1, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #320 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauntell47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thx a lot guys, should have just left the title as it was, "Has anyone received the Headstage Arrow yet?"...

btw, the wait is normal, i personally waited at least 3 weeks when i got my lyrix, so just be patient people...

plus, he might not have expected that so many head-fiers would be ordering the arrow...

Great thread title BTW - it really threw me when I opened my subsribed threads page
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #321 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by rehabitat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice thread title Shauntell, put a smile on my dial when I saw it.

Good point about the flood of orders Robert likely received after those early impressions went up. This thread is a little like the Pico Slim preorder thread but more random, probably because Robert is not here to keep it on the level.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts in the new thread. Hopefully Hellenback and EagleEye will re post theirs too. Maybe Mediogre :wink: will kick it off?

X2

There are now quite a few well respected members (not just their post count, by the way) either buying or will be listening to the Arrow in the near future, so I am really looking forward to their input as well as what has already been a great thread so far
beerchug.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #322 of 892
@ Eagle Eye

I seem to remember one of your earlier posts in this thread saying you were getting a touch or iphone - just wondered how the Arrow paired up
beerchug.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #323 of 892
A little help from the veterans and/or those who have had their Arrows for a little while...

Question: With regard to the settings switch positions, does "O" signify the lowest setting or neutral, "I" the next step up, and "II" the highest setting? I'm confused because the positions are oriented differently for some settings. Please forgive my ignorance. This is my first portable amp.

Mar 1, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #325 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediaogre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A little help from the veterans and/or those who have had their Arrows for a little while...

Question: With regard to the settings switch positions, does "O" signify the lowest setting or neutral, "I" the next step up, and "II" the highest setting? I'm confused because the positions are oriented differently for some settings. Please forgive my ignorance. This is my first portable amp.

Quote:

Question: With regard to the settings switch positions, does "O" signify the lowest setting or neutral, "I" the next step up, and "II" the highest setting?

Yes this is correct, gain is the same but on mine is listed 1, II, & III. Once you get a chance to listen at some length it will become more obvious. Why they are positioned "differently" I don't know, but it might just be due to switch implementation.

Mar 1, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #326 of 892
As people seem to be getting (and liking) their amps, it might only be fair to change the thread title back. It is funny but a little derogatory. It was obviously a postal problem which seems to have been resolved on request. I can delete any off topic posts if people think they detract from an impressions thread.

Mar 1, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #327 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellenback /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes this is correct, gain is the same but on mine is listed 1, II, & III. Once you get a chance to listen at some length it will become more obvious. Why they are positioned "differently" I don't know, but it might just be due to switch implementation.

Ah, thanks, Hellenback. And good guess on the implementation. It could also be the "suggested" default setting on some settings are a higher value than others. Example:

Imp settings are: O I II (maybe O is the default for IEMs?)
Cross settings are: I O II (maybe I is what Robert thinks most will prefer with flat being in the middle and the "extreme"
wink.gif
II to the far right?)

I'm loving this thing, folks. I don't want to gush too much right now because it wouldn't be that objective. Trust that I'm taking notes as I listen and I'll report back with something meaty.

DISCLAIMER: It will be my first audio gear review as the nascent, but always lurking, audiophile in me has just clawed it's way into the light. So some of my comments may seem "duh" but I'll do my best.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #328 of 892
You're making me all the more impatient... thanks a lot.
angry_face.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #329 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellenback /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As people seem to be getting (and liking) their amps, it might only be fair to change the thread title back. It is funny but a little derogatory. It was obviously a postal problem which seems to have been resolved on request. I can delete any off topic posts if people think they detract from an impressions thread.

Naw, I think Rehabitats' comment Quote:

thread be renamed again so that the large number of viewers are not continuing to get the wrong impression of the product and its seller...

still holds true - and we shouldn't pester Shauntell47 anymore with administrative overhead.
wink.gif

A true "Impressions/Review" thread is probably in order now. Being a newb here and a first-time reviewer, I'm not comfortable shouldering that mantle, but I'll gladly follow post.

Mar 1, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #330 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're making me all the more impatient... thanks a lot.
angry_face.gif

I'm so sorry, cn11. I'll say this: I only have my IEMs here at work and I was very concerned about hiss when driving the little suckers, cell phone interference and amplified hard disk-based DAP burping and farting during next-song queue-up. So far my sweet spot for loud-ish sonic comfort is:
  1. Zune 80 v2 volume: 15/20
  2. Arrow Impediance: "O" (20 Ohms I think)
  3. Arrow Gain: "I"
  4. Arrow volume: about half

No hiss. No interference (Mobile phone two feet away). No DAP hdd queue-up farting (YAY! I hated hearing this!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back