Oh where, oh where has my slim Arrow gone, oh where, oh where can it be?
Feb 27, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #286 of 892
Quote:

On the 12th, but Robert only received my old amp on Friday, which I posted from Australia on the 15th.

It would only be fair that anyone who used the trade in program would have to wait until their amp arrived in Germany/California.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the batch we're all waiting for went out how?

I hates the waiting, grr
angry_face.gif

I would imagine the same as mine to Canada, which was standard mail. I've found int'l arrival times vary a great deal when sent this way (as mentioned in a previous post). If customs "flags" a parcel (or parcels) it can take what seems like forever, but they arrive. I don't know about US mail but in Canada there is no mail on weekends or holidays. The Olympics have been on, so there is likely a lot more int'l mail over the last couple of weeks.

Feb 27, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #287 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellenback /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would only be fair that anyone who used the trade in program would have to wait until their amp arrived in Germany/California.

I would imagine the same as mine to Canada, which was standard mail. I've found int'l arrival times vary a great deal when sent this way (as mentioned in a previous post). If customs "flags" a parcel (or parcels) it can take what seems like forever, but they arrive. I don't know about US mail but in Canada there is no mail on weekends or holidays. The Olympics have been on, so there is likely a lot more int'l mail over the last couple of weeks.

I was wondering the same thing about just how our batch was sent and thinking, not only were we on the "slow boat" and I hate to bring this up, but isn't Lufthansa striking right now?
angry_face.gif
I hates me the waiting too. Monday... (xing fingers)

Feb 27, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #288 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediaogre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering the same thing about just how our batch was sent and thinking, not only were we on the "slow boat" and I hate to bring this up, but isn't Lufthansa striking right now?
angry_face.gif
I hates me the waiting too. Monday... (xing fingers)

Sorry, this was not applicable as it referred to an article from 1909 not 2009 mea culpa for not looking/reading closely enough.
redface.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #289 of 892
Quote:

Found this interesting tidbit when looking into the Lufthansa strike (which seems to have just ended). It's not related to the strike but certainly addresses the slow mail between US/Germany as it seems to say that "letter rate" mail is on the "slow boat" to the US. This link provides another link to the whole NY Times article (which is not long but explains delays in more detail).

GERMAN MAIL DELAY AROUSES AMERICANS; Association of Commerce in Berlin... - Article Preview - The New York Times

Eek. Aside from the author speaking in metaphorical circles, and British-style verbal irony, the article is disconcerting - for long-dead American students in Germany!! You're silly, Hellenback. That article is from the archives: Special Cable to THE NEW YORK TIMES.
February 7, 1909, Sunday
wink_face.gif
That's like grave digging olde skool!

Feb 27, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #290 of 892
Seems to be taking it's sweet time getting to me also. I received my uDAC today, but no time yet to listen. But I really want the Arrow and am excited to see the USB-DAC-Cable profile (and of course hear how good it is!).

Feb 27, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #291 of 892
Seems to be taking it's sweet time getting to me also. I received my uDAC today, but no time yet to listen. But I really want the Arrow and am excited to see the USB-DAC-Cable profile (and of course hear how good it is!).

Feb 27, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #292 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by rehabitat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the 12th, but Robert only received my old amp on Friday, which I posted from Australia on the 15th.

yeah i sent in an old amp as well. i placed order on the 22nd but according to my tracking number my amp got delievered friday in Cali. Says shipping is 2-3 weeks on the page. Just anxious...
atsmile.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #293 of 892
Quote:

Eek. Aside from the author speaking in metaphorical circles, and British-style verbal irony, the article is disconcerting - for long-dead American students in Germany!! You're silly, Hellenback. That article is from the archives: Special Cable to THE NEW YORK TIMES.
February 7, 1909, Sunday
wink_face.gif
That's like grave digging olde skool!

redface.gif
Sorry guys I didn't look at the article date (and read/posted it quickly) so I will delete it. Believe it or not it was the first or second link that popped up when I searched "USA/Germany mail delay" so I wasn't being silly, just not attentive enough.

The first link read

Saturday, February 27, 2010

at the top of the page and I didn't notice the "ARCHIVES" date/aspect of the article. I was just looking for an answer because my amp arrived so quickly via standard mail. Again, my apologies.

Feb 27, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #294 of 892
Quote:

redface.gif
Sorry guys I didn't look at the article date (and read/posted it quickly) so I will delete it. Believe it or not it was the first or second link that popped up when I searched "USA/Germany mail delay" so I wasn't being silly, just not attentive enough.

The first link read

Saturday, February 27, 2010

at the top of the page and I didn't notice the "ARCHIVES" date/aspect of the article. I was just looking for an answer because my amp arrived so quickly via standard mail. Again, my apologies.

It's totally OK, Hellenback. You were just looking out for us fools who haven't received ours yet.

And I cant' WAIT to get mine. The more I read and research about my Zune 80's DAC and "clean" headphone out, and the flexibility and quality of the Arrow HE, the more I'm convinced I made a good and versatile blind date purchase decision. I understand the benefits of a true line out. However, when I crank the volume on the Zune when I'm using my Senn HD500A, there's not a hint of hiss or distortion. That's a good starting point right? Now a lot of purists will scoff (That's fine. I go back and forth on effects) but I'm exciting to hear my Shure SE530s with a tad o' bass boost and a little crossfeed!

Feb 27, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #295 of 892
Quote:

I'm exciting to hear my Shure SE530s with a tad o' bass boost and a little crossfeed!

One of the two IEMs I got a chance to listen to for a short time and they sounded excellent (without even having different tips to try to get the best seal). I like bass boost myself and it's well implemented on the Arrow.
I really feel for you guys re: the waiting game and am happy they've decided to use a faster shipping method in the future (not that that helps you).

(I think what might have contributed to me overlooking the rest of that article from 1909 was that it made mention of mail delivery that "dribbles along at from ten days to a month". I don't think I read much further because this has been my own experience 100 years later when items are mailed from the US to Canada!)

Feb 27, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #296 of 892
Quote:

One of the two IEMs I got a chance to listen to for a short time and they sounded excellent (without even having different tips to try to get the best seal). I like bass boost myself and it's well implemented on the Arrow.
I really feel for you guys re: the waiting game and am happy they've decided to use a faster shipping method in the future (not that that helps you).

(I think what might have contributed to me overlooking the rest of that article from 1909 was that it made mention of mail delivery that "dribbles along at from ten days to a month". I don't think I read much further because this has been my own experience 100 years later when items are mailed from the US to Canada!)

That's great to hear about the Shures! I had forgotten that you tested those. With regard to the tips, that's a real pain point for me. The triple flange sound way better, but I can't stand them after a while. The ultra supple gray tips are the best for me (I can wear them all day) but at the expense of bass.

About that article and shipping duration (sorry mods - we're sort of off topic) it's amazing it was that fast back then. It implies a two-steps-forward-one-step-back evolution: Slow transport + little red tape = 10 days to a month. Fast transport + mucho red tape = 10 days to a month. Lol!

Feb 28, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #297 of 892
Quote:

Fast transport + mucho red tape = 10 days to a month. Lol!

It would be nice [edit; but perhaps unrealistic] if Robert sent out an extra replacement battery or something so those of us enduring this extra wait time might feel a little better
wink_face.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #298 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would be nice if Robert sent out an extra replacement battery or something so those of us enduring this extra wait time might feel a little better
wink_face.gif

Hey I'd be happy with that. He could include it with the new case to replace the flawed ones. Heck I wouldn't even mind if he sent this by the "slow boat"
wink_face.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #299 of 892
Quote:

BTW - what's the minor aesthetic case flaw Robert mentioned?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapper32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey I'd be happy with that. He could include it with the new case to replace the flawed ones. Heck I wouldn't even mind if he sent this by the "slow boat"
wink_face.gif

Yes, that would seem like a more appropriate use for the "slow boat", for sure.

Does anybody out there know what this "case flaw" actually is?

Feb 28, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #300 of 892
Quote:

The more I read and research about my Zune 80's DAC

Sorry for the off-topic but what DAC chip does the new Zune use? I've found on most of the DAPs I've listened to (not many) that leaving the headphone out at low volume and letting the amp do all the work usually makes the difference between line out and HO less of an issue (but I'm aware that's heresy to the purists
wink.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back