Oh where, oh where has my slim Arrow gone, oh where, oh where can it be?
Feb 22, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #257 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by feverfive /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't suppose anyone has had a chance to audition both the Arrow & the Pico Slim? Just curious how they'd compare SQ-wise.

I believe the Slim will be available starting next Wednesday.

Feb 22, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #258 of 892
The Slim will be at the upcoming No CA meet, then the first 250 units will ship after that. I have a slim possibility of being in that group (depending on how many people ahead of me don't pay).

I should be getting the Arrow 12HE in the next week or so (along with a USB-DAC-Cable), so whenever I get the Slim I will post my comparison thoughts.

Feb 22, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #259 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No tracking number for me either. I guess patience is a virtue! And as far as the cosmetics, I personally don't care and just want to listen to that sucker! I can't wait to see how it stacks up against a Shadow and Pico Slim. I am thinking I will be pleasantly surprised! But only the Arrow has the crossfeed, bass boost, and impedance adjustments, so I can't lose!

Patience?! Isn't that that crap I teach my kids? :wink: I suppose in an age of instant online gratification and electronic tracking notifications, that it's good for the soul to have some doode in Germany send one something on faith. Doesn't mean I'm not going to act like a kid before Christmas though.

I'm looking forward to the flexibility too. My sweet wife pulled out an old set of those Sennheisers spec'd (HD500a)for audio therapy (my daughter used them a few years ago) that I forgot we had. I had just failed in an attempt to repair bad wiring in my HD535s so the timing was awesome. Long story short: now I have some hard-to-drive cans (the 500a are 150 ohm) to try with the Arrow along with my IEMs.

Feb 23, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #260 of 892
I thought I'd share an update folks. I have no idea if any people who ordered HEs besides me have a ship date discrepancy, but Robert emailed me today (22nd) with an update. When I log in to my Headphonia account, the ship date shows February 12th, but here's what Robert said:

"Hi Greg,

your order went out Wednesday last week. You should receive it about Thursday this week. I shipped it without tracking number. Let me know how it sounds…"

I'm actually relieved. I thought after ten days it may have been pilfered.

Feb 23, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #262 of 892
Quote:

You are not alone!

beerchug.gif
Let's start exercising that virtue then! Thursday's OK with me!

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #263 of 892
Quote:

I'm actually relieved. I thought after ten days it may have been pilfered.

European mail seems better...but I've waited close to a month on the odd occasion for items mailed to Toronto from the US. 10 days is about average but I've learned 2 weeks is not unusual, especially if mailed at (or close to) the end of the week.

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #264 of 892
Hellenback, have you used the Arrow with your mobile phone near by? I'm wondering about interference picked up by the amp.

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #265 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediaogre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hellenback, have you used the Arrow with your mobile phone near by? I'm wondering about interference picked up by the amp.

I don't use a mobile but I often use the Arrow right next to two computers (in a wireless network) without any interference. I just plugged it in to charge and am at the same time listening to the first (half spoken) track "Dream within a Dream" on Alan Parson's TOMAI. There is not a hint of noise, interference or otherwise with either HD650s or Koss PortaPros.

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #266 of 892
Quote:

I don't use a mobile but I often use the Arrow right next to two computers (in a wireless network) without any interference. I just plugged it in to charge and am at the same time listening to the first (half spoken) track "Dream within a Dream" on Alan Parson's TOMAI. There is not a hint of noise, interference or otherwise with either HD650s or Koss PortaPros.

Nice! That's good to hear (or not hear). Cell phone rf interference may differ from WiFi but I'll cross my fingers. I heard from someone on Head-fi that the Mini-3 picked up cell phone interference and transmitted to the headphones something fierce.

Feb 24, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #267 of 892
hi,Trapper32,Mediaogre,average_joe

I'd like to ask you question.I ordered my arrow with another battery 8th February.But my status is now order processing.so I wanna know your ordering day,so please tell me,if you don't mind.

sorry for my poor English.

Feb 24, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #268 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by sorahiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi,Trapper32,Mediaogre,average_joe

I'd like to ask you question.I ordered my arrow with another battery 8th February.But my status is now order processing.so I wanna know your ordering day,so please tell me,if you don't mind.

sorry for my poor English.

No sweat. February 8th. My payment cleared on the 10th. If you email Robert, likely, he'll provide a more accurate status. My Headphonia online account order status was inaccurate.

Feb 25, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #270 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediaogre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No sweat. February 8th. My payment cleared on the 10th. If you email Robert, likely, he'll provide a more accurate status. My Headphonia online account order status was inaccurate.

Hate to say it...(and as always I could be wrong) but it seems US customs is a real hassle regardless of from where things are sent. I don't know if they hang everything up until they decide what to flag/open, but it seems to have gotten worse over the last few years. As mentioned, it only took 5 days to Toronto from Germany but I have never had anything arrive that quickly from/to the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back