Oh where, oh where has my slim Arrow gone, oh where, oh where can it be?
Mar 4, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #361 of 892
Zeeter asked this Q over in the "Impressions" thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I'm getting kinda worried now because I received my usb dac cable today in the mail. Robert had told me previously that he had already shipped my amp a week before I ordered the cable so I'm curious as to why my amp didn't make it here first. I hope it wasn't lost in the mail, but I've already emailed Robert about and am waiting for his reply.

Maybe it could be stuck in customs somewhere?!? I live in Roanoke, VA.

Don't sweat it, man. You'll receive it. Robert recently began using a faster courier. It's likely that he shipped your amp via standard Deutsche Post (mine took 14 days) and the cable using the new courier. Hang tight! You'll be in bliss soon.
L3000.gif

-Ogre

Mar 5, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #362 of 892
Thanks Ogre for the support...yea I'm sure I'll get it too (haha the waiting kills you though).

I did look at the bubble mailer the cable came in and it does say "Deutsche Post" on it. So who knows...

Mar 5, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #363 of 892
Quote:

Thanks Ogre for the support...yea I'm sure I'll get it too (haha the waiting kills you though).

I did look at the bubble mailer the cable came in and it does say "Deutsche Post" on it. So who knows...

I'm sorry, Man. Roz must be your Customs handler.
wink.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #364 of 892
Quote:

The wait is driving me crazy too; I think the large envelopes may go through more quickly than parcels for some reason though.

It would be comforting if Robert would issue a statement regarding this unfortunate delay.

Mar 5, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #365 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would be comforting if Robert would issue a statement regarding this unfortunate delay.

Good point. Al this chat about the shipping delays will surely be damaging his rep.

Robert has been very quick to respond to my emails, except for one I sent a couple of days ago to find out if my amp has been posted yet (he received my old amp to trade a week ago and said the next batch was to be sent Mon/Tues using EMS). I haven't heard from him but I can only assume that it has been sent as promised and hope that it turns up next week.

The new Dillinger Escape Plan "Option Paralysis" is due out in a few weeks. I'm really looking forward to hearing it with my new phones and amp! I can feel a face peeling coming on....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #366 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by rehabitat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good point. Al this chat about the shipping delays will surely be damaging his rep.

Robert has been very quick to respond to my emails, except for one I sent a couple of days ago to find out if my amp has been posted yet (he received my old amp to trade a week ago and said the next batch was to be sent Mon/Tues using EMS). I haven't heard from him but I can only assume that it has been sent as promised and hope that it turns up next week.

The new Dillinger Escape Plan "Option Paralysis" is due out in a few weeks. I'm really looking forward to hearing it with my new phones and amp! I can feel a face peeling coming on....
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL! Show yer hornz, rehabitat! I've got to check those guys out. They've been on my short list of bands I've heard a lot of good stuff about but haven't yet heard. (Devin Townsend's another).

I feel for you guys still waiting. Hopefully, with the Olympics over, things will flow a little faster. I have no idea if my theory holds any water, but I assumed heightened security over the last few weeks.

I sincerely hope Robert's reputation, or even the perception of his service isn't marred by a few of us mailbox watchers, and postal delays beyond his control. The fact that he's already made a gesture, and shown little tolerance for courier-related variables by switching it up and noting it on his website demonstrates a high level of customer care.

Mar 5, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #367 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediaogre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL! Show yer hornz, rehabitat! I've got to check those guys out. They've been on my short list of bands I've heard a lot of good stuff about but haven't yet heard.

You won't regret it. They are imho the greatest metal band of our time. They set the bar so ridiculously high that others pale into insignificance. You MUST see them play live before you die. They will be coming to your city imminently, check it:
The Dillinger Escape Plan on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

But I digress. You make some valid points about Roberts high standards for customer satisfaction. I feel the same as you which is why I was prompting to start the new thread.

Cheers brother, enjoy those fine ales this weekend
beerchug.gif

Mar 9, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #369 of 892
Quote:

Still haven't received mine yet :/

Hopefully will arrive this week. I think my amp shipped either the 18th or 19th of Feb. so yea.......waiting and more waiting.

You're not alone ...mine supposedly shipped on the 12th. The postlady now thinks I"m stalking her...
wink_face.gif

Mar 9, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #370 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapper32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're not alone ...mine supposedly shipped on the 12th. The postlady now thinks I"m stalking her...
wink_face.gif

...but is she hawt chix?
devil_face.gif

Mar 9, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #371 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediaogre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...but is she hawt chix?
devil_face.gif

biggrin.gif
haha...haven't noticed..i 'm fixated on the pkgs or lack there of in her bag.
wink_face.gif
Oh Lord how depraved I've become these last few weeks waiting..

Mar 9, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #372 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapper32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink_face.gif

you are lucky, at least you have a shipping date. I've placed my order for arrow amp and USB DAC cable on Feb 02, but my order status is still "Order Processing". I've sent two mail asking for delivery time but never got an answer.

this is quite frustrating.

Mar 9, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #373 of 892
Robert told me mine went out on the 17th, so I guess I need to wait for some of you people to get yours first before I can even honestly anticipate getting mine.

Aargh! I wish mine had been delayed another week until he changed shipping services, I'd have it by now!

But then I imagine how Robert must be feeling with all this nonsense, and I chill.

Mar 9, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #374 of 892
I wonder if something with the labels is prompting customs to hang these up...? He supposedly paid for quicker shipping last Monday, but still no unit for me either. He even emailed me Friday to ask if I'd received it yet. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

Mar 9, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #375 of 892
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if something with the labels is prompting customs to hang these up...? He supposedly paid for quicker shipping last Monday, but still no unit for me either. He even emailed me Friday to ask if I'd received it yet. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

He e-mailed me to ask that as well. I thought I had read something about a postal strike earlier, or was that the 100 year-old newspaper article?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back