Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Jan 5, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #391 of 921
I'm having trouble getting m3u8 playlists working with this firmware. When I create a playlist using any program the X3 refuses to read the contents as UTF-8. I can open the files up in any program that reads unicode, and the contents are correctly identified as UTF-8 and displayed correctly, but the X3 still (seems to) treat them as if they are normal ASCII since they do not display correctly, and I get the "Playback Failed. File Not Found." error for any files where the path contains non-ASCII characters.

Is there some trick to making the X3 identify the content as UTF-8 in a playlist? I've tried adding a BOM, and various filename extensions, but the X3 still interprets the playlists as ASCII.

Jan 5, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #392 of 921
 I had the same problem, I found that the problem was the path was not correct for what the X3 wanted. It was wrong. The X3 uses A and B drives. I just said screw it .. and put the files from my playlists in separate folders and played them like that. It really amounted to exactly the same thing as playing the playlist.

Jan 5, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #393 of 921
   I had the same problem, I found that the problem was the path was not correct for what the X3 wanted. It was wrong. The X3 uses A and B drives. I just said screw it .. and put the files from my playlists in separate folders and played them like that. It really amounted to exactly the same thing as playing the playlist.

I've got the correct paths because the files which only have ascii characters in display and play fine. And the files with non-ascii characters display and play fine when I when I put the card in my computer and open the playlists with other software (so long as I use relative paths).

But it was a good thought - it wasn't easy working out the drive names...

Jan 5, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #394 of 921
The X5 has problems with playlist entries that are either longer than 130 characters, or that contain non-ascii characters.  I'm assuming that the X3 is the same.  I spent most of the weekend renaming way too many files...

Jan 5, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #395 of 921
  The X5 has problems with playlist entries that are either longer than 130 characters, or that contain non-ascii characters.  I'm assuming that the X3 is the same.  I spent most of the weekend renaming way too many files...

Thanks for confirming that it isn't just me - I was beginning to wonder!

Now if only I didn't have so many Portuguese, German, Spanish, etc. tracks, I'd be fine 
wink.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #396 of 921
My collection wasn't too bad - just a smattering of French and German characters that I had to Anglicize.  The bigger problem for me was the length issue - I went through a phase of including artist and album name in all my filenames, so I had to strip them all out...  

Jan 11, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #399 of 921
Anyone else encountering distortion while using the Line-Out?
I'm thinking that it's just because I've been using it with stuff like my crappy car audio input and haven't tried it with a portable amp yet, but I'd like to see if anyone else is encountering the same issue.

Jan 11, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #400 of 921
You're probably overloading the car stereos inputs. The x3 pumps over 1.5 v on the line out, and most inputs aren't made to handle that kinda level anymore. I get the same type of distortion when I tried plugging my e6 amp into the line out. Had to switch to the low eq setting to clean the sound up.

Jan 11, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #401 of 921
  You're probably overloading the car stereos inputs. The x3 pumps over 1.5 v on the line out, and most inputs aren't made to handle that kinda level anymore. I get the same type of distortion when I tried plugging my e6 amp into the line out. Had to switch to the low eq setting to clean the sound up.

Oh wow, that's crazy. I figured it was overloading, since I had to set the volume to half of what I set it on with my iPod connected through line out to get the same volume result.
I'll have to experiment with lowering the EQ.

Jan 12, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #402 of 921

Oh wow, that's crazy. I figured it was overloading, since I had to set the volume to half of what I set it on with my iPod connected through line out to get the same volume result.
I'll have to experiment with lowering the EQ.

Might be better to actually connect to the headphone out on the X5.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 12, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #403 of 921
Hi, Is known when will released corrected Firmware 3.3?

Jan 12, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #404 of 921
There is one thing really annoying me, and it pisses me off that it still does this for ipod aswell, you have to press 1 million ****ing buttons just to check 1 setting or alter the EQ and get back to where you were.

i propose a simple change of when you press menu repeatedly to get to the main screen, it should remember where you were in your playlist folders. so that when you have finished altering settings, 1 simple click of the now playing icon will then return you to the song but MOST IMPORTANTLY the position of your folder selection will remain when you press menu once again.

this folder position retention needs to also be implemented for autopower off song resume (if you pause and leave it past the allocated time it remembers where when you power back on)
i need this for if i want to change to a particular song in a folder or playlist and then also change settings and vice versa for testing purposes and ease of use.

i havent tried the new playlist awesomeness, but ill provide feedback once i have.

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #405 of 921
  There is one thing really annoying me, and it pisses me off that it still does this for ipod aswell, you have to press 1 million ****ing buttons just to check 1 setting or alter the EQ and get back to where you were.

i propose a simple change of when you press menu repeatedly to get to the main screen, it should remember where you were in your playlist folders. so that when you have finished altering settings, 1 simple click of the now playing icon will then return you to the song but MOST IMPORTANTLY the position of your folder selection will remain when you press menu once again.

this folder position retention needs to also be implemented for autopower off song resume (if you pause and leave it past the allocated time it remembers where when you power back on)
i need this for if i want to change to a particular song in a folder or playlist and then also change settings and vice versa for testing purposes and ease of use.

i havent tried the new playlist awesomeness, but ill provide feedback once i have.

This can't be that unusual because my old player did this too. It only remembered what folder I got the song from the first time. If I turned it off or went to the menu again, it would forget the way I got there. The X3 is the same. If i understand correctly, were you also wanting a shorter way to get to the main menu from the song that is playing? If I want to do this and don't want to press the return button about 10 times, press it once and then press and hold it. That is a short-cut to the main menu. It still won't remember the way you got to the track playing. That is just what the X3 is like and it doesn't bother me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back