Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Jan 20, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #421 of 921
Hi,

i have a strange but very annoying issue.
it may be a firmware issue or an hardware one.
but it seems to occurs since 3.20 firmware.

after using the line out, when i connectt back the headphone cable, the X3 shutdown.
to fix this issue i need to reset to factory settings the device then i need to apply again the firmware update.
then i'm able to listen music with headphone.

as soon as i plug again anything into the line out, the problem came back.

Is this issue is a known one ? anyone can help me ?

#update# it's an hardware issue :/
right now nothing works anymore with headphone :frowning2:

thank you !
benjamin

Jan 20, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #422 of 921
Hi,

i have a strange but very annoying issue.
it may be a firmware issue or an hardware one.
but it seems to occurs since 3.20 firmware.

after using the line out, when i connectt back the headphone cable, the X3 shutdown.
to fix this issue i need to reset to factory settings the device then i need to apply again the firmware update.
then i'm able to listen music with headphone.

as soon as i plug again anything into the line out, the problem came back.

Is this issue is a known one ? anyone can help me ?

#update# it's an hardware issue :/
right now nothing works anymore with headphone :frowning2:

thank you !
benjamin

Hello ben,

Please email support@fiio.net with this issue, thanks.

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 23, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #424 of 921
It has been nearly a month and I have to admit that the 3.30 firmware has been the most stable. No crashes and no issues remembering the last position played. I was plagued by both of those problems. Thanks for the update.

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #425 of 921
  There is one thing really annoying me, and it pisses me off that it still does this for ipod aswell, you have to press 1 million ****ing buttons just to check 1 setting or alter the EQ and get back to where you were.

i propose a simple change of when you press menu repeatedly to get to the main screen, it should remember where you were in your playlist folders. so that when you have finished altering settings, 1 simple click of the now playing icon will then return you to the song but MOST IMPORTANTLY the position of your folder selection will remain when you press menu once again.

this folder position retention needs to also be implemented for autopower off song resume (if you pause and leave it past the allocated time it remembers where when you power back on)
i need this for if i want to change to a particular song in a folder or playlist and then also change settings and vice versa for testing purposes and ease of use.

i havent tried the new playlist awesomeness, but ill provide feedback once i have.

I couldn't agree with you more. It's a real pain having to go through all the various areas to get back to where you were before. Also if you've finished playing an album and you wait a little while, the player switches itself off so you have to go through the entire rigmarole again.
After thinking that all was well with my player, I had another very small glitch on a 16/44.1 CD rip. I actually hoped it was a corrupted file but when I played it again later it didn't misbehave so it's still not quite 10 per cent. Terrific sound, though.

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #426 of 921

I couldn't agree with you more. It's a real pain having to go through all the various areas to get back to where you were before. Also if you've finished playing an album and you wait a little while, the player switches itself off so you have to go through the entire rigmarole again.
After thinking that all was well with my player, I had another very small glitch on a 16/44.1 CD rip. I actually hoped it was a corrupted file but when I played it again later it didn't misbehave so it's still not quite 10 per cent. Terrific sound, though.

That was meant to be 100 per cent !!!

Jan 25, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #429 of 921
The official update (3.30) has shuffle updates, I gotta assume that involves the same thing they did for the x5. But honestly after the debate about random play on the x5 thread, as soon as I hear shuffle, my eyes roll so fast I'm nearly blinded
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #433 of 921
  There was a huge debate over if the shuffle was really random. Some folks seemed to be making way to big of a deal about it. 

Ah.lol

One feature I really miss from my Cowon J3 is the "Recently Added" menu. If you got over 1000 single tracks and you add a new one, it takes a while going to the artist or song.

Jan 25, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #434 of 921
Well to be honest, I don't use shuffle at all (album guy here)...

Neither do I.

I'm more of a DJ mix listener (mostly my own mixes lol).

Jan 29, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #435 of 921
Hey, I saw on the FiiO forums that they posted a DIY way to tweak the firmware--you unpack it, play with it and pack it again.  Go to fiio.me and search DIY and it will come up.

I'm no programmer but I can follow directions.

So I flipped the default_bg.png in each of the six themes. Now the treble clef and notes face the correct direction!

I wish I could fix the Unknown Artist bug but...

Anyway, if you want the 3.30 version of x3.fw with the default background flipped--no other changes--here's a Mediafire link.  

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w5xdizwqbk6zjpm/x3.fw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back