Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Jan 13, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #407 of 921
^^^ This has been recently fixed in X5 firmware and has worked flawlessly for me so far, although I only use folder/directory browsing. Hopefully the fix will make its way to X3 soon.

That's great news, thanks for sharing. This is by far my biggest problem with the X3 today. Even my $20 Ruins X02 mange to pull this off....

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #409 of 921
It it that unusual that it doesn't remember the way you went to get to the track playing after you have gone back to the main menu? My old player was the iAudio X5L and it did exactly the same. I kept going back, it saw all the folders I went in to get to the track and then I got to the main menu. From there, it only went back to the track playing and if i went back then, it took me to the main menu. With that, the X3 is no different so it isn't really a problem for me. I agree it would be nice if it did remember.

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #410 of 921

... It only remembered what folder I got the song from the first time. If I turned it off or went to the menu again, it would forget the way I got there. The X3 is the same. ...  ...That is just what the X3 is like and it doesn't bother me.

that's what im saying though, no player ive used (ipod and fiio) has ever done what you are saying "remembered what folder I got the song from" if i go to the main menu and then select 'now playing' it shouldn't be too hard to index which folder the currently playing song belongs to and then scale that to the menu button. as of now pressing the menu key just brings me to the top of the folder hierarchy ('internal storage' or 'TF card')

its not a huge gripe, because i love the sound quality, but just because thats the way something works doesn't mean thats the way it has to be and im sure it does bother you - having to click through 3 different folder hierarchies to simply get back to the album folder that the current song is playing from. (on average 10-25 clicks)

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #411 of 921
  that's what im saying though, no player ive used (ipod and fiio) has ever done what you are saying "remembered what folder I got the song from" if i go to the main menu and then select 'now playing' it shouldn't be too hard to index which folder the currently playing song belongs to and then scale that to the menu button. as of now pressing the menu key just brings me to the top of the folder hierarchy ('internal storage' or 'TF card')

its not a huge gripe, because i love the sound quality, but just because thats the way something works doesn't mean thats the way it has to be and im sure it does bother you - having to click through 3 different folder hierarchies to simply get back to the album folder that the current song is playing from. (on average 10-25 clicks)

It also bother me to have to do X clicks to go back to the current folder.
My Sony mp3 player does remember the current folder: if I go to the top menu, then click on the "current play" icon, then if I click on the "up" button, it shows the current folder.
So I'd appreciate a lot if this behaviour could me improved.

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #412 of 921
I wonder to what degree the FIIO team understands our UI input.  A number of us have suggested some very simple UI improvements for the X3 that also apply to the X1 and X5.  Anybody have a read on that?

Also, | have discovered that I like one musician way more than any other. Somebody called "unknown artist".

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #413 of 921
  I wonder to what degree the FIIO team understands our UI input.  A number of us have suggested some very simple UI improvements for the X3 that also apply to the X1 and X5.  Anybody have a read on that?

Also, | have discovered that I like one musician way more than any other. Somebody called "unknown artist".

"unknown artist" is the best! Have you checked out their new release "unknown album"

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #415 of 921
I have contacted and asked FiiO about this issue with FW 3.3. I will wait and see if they say anything. Lots of other people may have already have asked them about it too. I can't make my mind up which Firmware to stay with. Either 3.22b or one of the 3.3 custom themes. The problem with every 3.3 one is the Unknown artists that become known once you go into the information about the track! it seems so strange that it actually knows and yet it says the artist is unknown the whole time where the song is playing.

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #416 of 921
I have contacted and asked FiiO about this issue with FW 3.3. I will wait and see if they say anything. Lots of other people may have already have asked them about it too. I can't make my mind up which Firmware to stay with. Either 3.22b or one of the 3.3 custom themes. The problem with every 3.3 one is the Unknown artists that become known once you go into the information about the track! it seems so strange that it actually knows and yet it says the artist is unknown the whole time where the song is playing.

I've stuck with 3.24b. No issues whatsoever.

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #418 of 921
I don't use that as the battery indicator isn't very accurate. The green light means it is full and it never says it is more than 80% full on that firmware for me. I then move back to 3.22b and all 5 bars are there.

Mine has sorted itself out after couple of charges.

Jan 16, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #419 of 921
I've discovered a strange glitch on 3.3 on my X3:  some albums, songs and genres have the first letter dropped from their titles!
For example:  Bill Evan's "alifornia Here I Come" (California) and "azz" (Jazz) in the Category/Artist view.
I've checked and folders / tags on foobar and they are correct. The info is right when accessing details on the "i" screen on the X3 when the song is playing, too,
I haven't reverted back to an earlier FW to check this yet.

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #420 of 921
  I've discovered a strange glitch on 3.3 on my X3:  some albums, songs and genres have the first letter dropped from their titles!
For example:  Bill Evan's "alifornia Here I Come" (California) and "azz" (Jazz) in the Category/Artist view.
I've checked and folders / tags on foobar and they are correct. The info is right when accessing details on the "i" screen on the X3 when the song is playing, too,
I haven't reverted back to an earlier FW to check this yet.

Solved by deleting folder from X3 and reinstalling from PC.  (Didn't change or update tags, but all displays fine on player now!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back