Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Dec 29, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #361 of 921

Fifth, is there a change that FIIO might address some simple user interface issues.  When playing tracks in file folder mode, it would be great to simply move to the next folder when playing is complete.  Also, a simplified menu to "pop" up a level in the folder structure would be nice, and a simple way to get to the tone controls would be nice.   When mobile, those two functions are by far what I would access the most after skipping to the next track or adjusting the volume.

Thanks!

I like the idea of having the option of moving to the next folder automatically. I wouldn't always want it, so it could be a setting, to make the choice.

Dec 29, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #366 of 921
I doubt it, because it's a special jack plug with extra connections, so it needs a special female jack connector in the fiio player (instead of a regular stereo one).

duuuude ... i am just joking
wink.gif

Dec 31, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #368 of 921
Gapless fixed? Don't think so, just heard that clicking noise again. And the database still can't handle disc id (multi disc sets). Otherwise 3.22b looks and listens awesome so far. Keep up the great support, fiio!

I noticed this same issue with my X3 today. If I go through the file browser, everything looks right, but if I go through the artist list, when I get to an album with 2 discs it orders them "Track 1, Disc 1" "Track 1, Disc 2" "Track 2 Disc 1" "Track 2 Disc 2" and so forth.

Really bothersome. Every multidisc album I have, including Druqks, Idiosyncrasies, good kid M.A.A.D. city, and While(1<2) all look like that.

And I thought the cropped album art was just a feature making the artwork take up the maximum amount of space. Although I'd rather see all of the artwork, I'm not too upset by that. The "Unknown Artist" Display is a little bothersome, though.

Dec 31, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #369 of 921
Since I got my X3 I've been waiting for a feature to let you jump through artists/songs at some faster rate for a while. It takes me forever to scroll through each of my artists one by one to find one that starts with M. Or there could even be some sort of "jump by first letter" feature?

I'm sure this has been suggested before, it's just the most glaring deficiency in my current enjoyment of the device.

Dec 31, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #370 of 921
  Since I got my X3 I've been waiting for a feature to let you jump through artists/songs at some faster rate for a while. It takes me forever to scroll through each of my artists one by one to find one that starts with M. Or there could even be some sort of "jump by first letter" feature?

I'm sure this has been suggested before, it's just the most glaring deficiency in my current enjoyment of the device.

Yea, This should be a new feature. Longer the press, faster it goes. I had to sift through a lot of artists just to get in the middle of the alphabet order. It does indeed suck how slow it scrolls through. It's not like the touch screen where you can zip it up or down and it scrolls quickly like browsing through contacts of an android phone.

Dec 31, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #371 of 921

Yea, This should be a new feature. Longer the press, faster it goes. I had to sift through a lot of artists just to get in the middle of the alphabet order. It does indeed suck how slow it scrolls through. It's not like the touch screen where you can zip it up or down and it scrolls quickly like browsing through contacts of an android phone.

I have created folders A - H, I - Q and R - Z. I have about 150 different artists. This makes it easier and faster to get to where I want.

Dec 31, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #375 of 921
Had my X3 around 9 months and appreciate the FW updates which overall have found to be an improvement... however I'm not seeing any improvement with the USB DAC function randomly disconnecting. Hooked up to a Macbook Pro and playing music via Fidelia I'm finding it's quite inconsistent... could last an hour or could drop out in 20 minutes. Random. Fixed in a few seconds reconnecting the USB cable but still has me knackered as to why it drops out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back