Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Oct 5, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #4,156 of 4,326
Hello,
I'm thinking about getting a DMP-Z1 if one is still available in Germany.
Here are my questions:
1) is it loud? I have European copies of the ZX300 and ZX507, which are very quiet.
2) How fast is it when turned on with two full 1TB cards?
Thanks!
Hi,
Regarding your questions. I bought mine in amazon germany in 2021

1) yes it is damn loud even being european version, the reason is because DMP is not considered portable DAP, thus it has no cap.

2) at first start or after a Database rebuikd for me it takes about 25 minutes to build DB, after this it takes only 2 minutea to boot

Oct 5, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #4,157 of 4,326
Regarding the microSD card boot time

A) after inserting the microSD cards for first time takes about 30 minutes, this also happens after issuing a database revealed or after removing a SD card when unit is on.
If you power off the unit after the data service was revealed or built for the first time, and then turn the unit on again it only takes two minutes about.

So my advice, it will be better to remove a microSD card when unit is off, or use the USB-C cable to add new music to avoid long waiting foe the DB to be built

Oct 6, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #4,158 of 4,326
Hello,
I'm thinking about getting a DMP-Z1 if one is still available in Germany.
Here are my questions:
1) is it loud? I have European copies of the ZX300 and ZX507, which are very quiet.
2) How fast is it when turned on with two full 1TB cards?
Thanks!
I forgot to tell that my library is huge... 64100 tracks (3600+ albims) 1.54TB.

Card #1 has 156.80GB free, card #2 has 153.45GB free

Oct 6, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #4,159 of 4,326
Bought another DMP-Z1 recently and I’m so glad to have it back. This is now my third unit I’ve owned and hopefully the keeper :) There really is nothing else like the DMP.
IMG_2052.jpeg

And here is my current stack of Sony DAPs. Finally getting a chance to spend some time with the two 1A versions of Walkman which I’m really excited about!

IMG_2056.jpeg

Oct 6, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #4,160 of 4,326
Bought another DMP-Z1 recently and I’m so glad to have it back. This is now my third unit I’ve owned and hopefully the keeper :) There really is nothing else like the DMP.

And here is my current stack of Sony DAPs. Finally getting a chance to spend some time with the two 1A versions of Walkman which I’m really excited about!

There were two DMP Z1s in e-earphone. Is this one of them?🙂

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #4,161 of 4,326
Bruh 👀😮‍💨📚🔥

Oct 10, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #4,163 of 4,326
IMG_2052.jpeg

IMG_2056.jpeg
Why did you sold your first two units?

Oct 10, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #4,164 of 4,326

IMG_2052.jpeg

IMG_2056.jpeg
I see the sticker is still on the volume knob, where did you manage to find a brand new one? I am glad that I did not sell mine even though I almost did recently. I would have regretted that decision forever. Nice Sony collection and I thought I was a Sony fanboy, lol!

Oct 10, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #4,166 of 4,326
There were two DMP Z1s in e-earphone. Is this one of them?🙂
A friend of mine in Japan bought it for me but I don't know if it was from e-earphone. I will check with him :)

Why did you sold your first two units?
To fund other audio purchases and try different things.

I see the sticker is still on the volume knob, where did you manage to find a brand new one? I am glad that I did not sell mine even though I almost did recently. I would have regretted that decision forever. Nice Sony collection and I thought I was a Sony fanboy, lol!
AFAIK this unit isn't brand new, but apparently it was not used much at all and basically sat in a box its whole life until now. I'm happy the volume knob cover is there, any scratched on it would drive me mad :D

Oct 10, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #4,167 of 4,326
A friend of mine in Japan bought it for me but I don't know if it was from e-earphone. I will check with him :)

To fund other audio purchases and try different things.

AFAIK this unit isn't brand new, but apparently it was not used much at all and basically sat in a box its whole life until now. I'm happy the volume knob cover is there, any scratched on it would drive me mad :D
Will you be getting out the white gloves for volume adjustments? :smile:
We first connected on the Sony threads, then you sold off your 1Z, and DMP - I see you've acquired some Walkmans and the DMP again, do you think they'll be keepers this time?

Oct 10, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #4,168 of 4,326
We first connected on the Sony threads, then you sold off your 1Z, and DMP - I see you've acquired some Walkmans and the DMP again, do you think they'll be keepers this time?
I wonder as well. I wanted to get this, but felt my TA was enough and I want to buy a house

Oct 11, 2023 at 12:51 AM Post #4,169 of 4,326
I wonder as well. I wanted to get this, but felt my TA was enough and I want to buy a house

I've been cycling audio gear for a long time but I think (hope :sweat_smile:) I've found a combination of IEMs that I want to keep for the foreseeable future and therefore I'll keep the same DAPs as well. DMP-Z1 will stay given how hard they are to find these days so I don't want to risk selling it and not being able to buy it again. The M2 Walkman's I may sell off to fund something else and buy again later on down the track.

Oct 11, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #4,170 of 4,326
From memory, when you've demoed it several times in the past you haven't heard enough between your TA to push you to buy it, therefore it would truly be a diminishing return, especially at the significant price up from the TA. As you have a goal to buy a house I recommend you focus on that, as it should always increase in value, and will always require further funds for rates, maintenance, improvements etc.
Once you settle in owning a house you can re-evaluate the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back