Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Sep 29, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #4,141 of 4,319
Fine thanks. I let it run down to 5% & got over 9 & a half hours playback. Charged it to full charge this morning & everything seems ok. As I said, only intend using battery every 3 months.
If you plan on using only the AC line, why not invest in a high quality linear power supply to power the DMP? It can sounds better than the onboard battery.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #4,143 of 4,319
If you plan on using only the AC line, why not invest in a high quality linear power supply to power the DMP? It can sounds better than the onboard battery.

Well from recollection of posts, you have to know what you’re doing with a linear power supply & i don’t fall into that category ! ( Considering the problems i’ve had, i don’t think it’s an avenue I’ll pursue ? )
Good to know I'm sure your unit will be fine going forward.

Hopefully ! Thanks.

Sep 29, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #4,144 of 4,319
Thank you very much really appreciated this did the job bud!!

Nice, even though I knew it would work, I never received a confirmation from anyone who may have installed the modified firmware on their DMP-Z1.

Sep 29, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #4,145 of 4,319
Nice, even though I knew it would work, I never received a confirmation from anyone who may have installed the modified firmware on their DMP-Z1.
That is pretty strange, since I couldn't be the only one with this issue. It literally was less than a one minute job. every album art is showing now.

Sep 30, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #4,147 of 4,319
Non alcoholic wipes should do the job

Oct 2, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #4,148 of 4,319
It's about the type of the JPG and PNG as mentioned.

MP3Tag alone won't help, you need to make sure the JPG/PNG is baseline/non-interlaced.

I once sent to someone a DMP-Z1 firmware build to test a low latency USB DAC mode, he did not answer at all though, and it's also risky, as I don't have the device myself to test if all works fine. However, there is a build available somewhere in this topic which should work fine and should have the album cover art issue fixed.

Found it: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/official-sony-dmp-z1-thread.886122/post-15841422
Does this firmware work with Mac OS also? What are the steps to get this firmware update if you dont mind. Thank You!

Oct 3, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #4,150 of 4,319
Does this firmware work with Mac OS also? What are the steps to get this firmware update if you dont mind. Thank You!

If you can manage to replace the .UPG file in the Sony Mac OS installer with the .UPG from my installer (extract the .exe as .zip archive), then you could install it. Otherwise maybe a Windows VM could help.

Oct 3, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #4,151 of 4,319
Anybody has trouble connecting the DMP to a Mac Mini or iPad M1. In DAC mode the DMP just won't communicate with either. I don't have this problem with any other DAP including the ZM2 with Apple products. The DMP has no issues with a Windows PC, the Aurender N10 streamer or any Android DAP acting as a streamer.

DMP simply refuses to connect to anything Apple. I was trying to use my M1 iPad to stream Tidal etc.

Oct 3, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #4,152 of 4,319
Anybody has trouble connecting the DMP to a Mac Mini or iPad M1. In DAC mode the DMP just won't communicate with either. I don't have this problem with any other DAP including the ZM2 with Apple products. The DMP has no issues with a Windows PC, the Aurender N10 streamer or any Android DAP acting as a streamer.

DMP simply refuses to connect to anything Apple. I was trying to use my M1 iPad to stream Tidal etc.

Check this: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ony-walkman-1z-1a-thread.944508/post-16067428

I had similar issues, but on a previous Intel Mac laptop.

Oct 3, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #4,153 of 4,319
Oct 5, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #4,155 of 4,319
Hello,
I'm thinking about getting a DMP-Z1 if one is still available in Germany.
Here are my questions:
1) is it loud? I have European copies of the ZX300 and ZX507, which are very quiet.
2) How fast is it when turned on with two full 1TB cards?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back