Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Oct 11, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #4,171 of 4,319
From memory, when you've demoed it several times in the past you haven't heard enough between your TA to push you to buy it, therefore it would truly be a diminishing return, especially at the significant price up from the TA. As you have a goal to buy a house I recommend you focus on that, as it should always increase in value, and will always require further funds for rates, maintenance, improvements etc.
Once you settle in owning a house you can re-evaluate the situation.
Battery replacement for $800 was an eye opener

Oct 11, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #4,172 of 4,319
I've been cycling audio gear for a long time but I think (hope :sweat_smile:) I've found a combination of IEMs that I want to keep for the foreseeable future and therefore I'll keep the same DAPs as well. DMP-Z1 will stay given how hard they are to find these days so I don't want to risk selling it and not being able to buy it again. The M2 Walkman's I may sell off to fund something else and buy again later on down the track.
I didn't need to sell any of my current gear in order to source a 3000€ 2020 OG focal Utopia. Instead i resorted to Paypal 24-Month payments

Oct 11, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #4,174 of 4,319
I didn't need to sell any of my current gear in order to source a 3000€ 2020 OG focal Utopia. Instead i resorted to Paypal 24-Month payments
Interest free?

Oct 11, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #4,175 of 4,319
Using caig deoxit is simple:

1. We start by applying a very thin film of the red deoxit (D-100L) we don't need it to be dripping, into the plug — either 3.5mm or balanved or both — foetunately tge bottle has an included mucrobruah.

2. Insert plug into jack and twist and remove, repeat few times.

3. Let dry for 2 and a half minutes before repeating same for G-100L aka Gold deoxit

Oct 11, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #4,176 of 4,319
Using caig deoxit is simple:

1. We start by applying a very thin film of the red deoxit (D-100L) we don't need it to be dripping, into the plug — either 3.5mm or balanved or both — foetunately tge bottle has an included mucrobruah.

2. Insert plug into jack and twist and remove, repeat few times.

3. Let dry for 2 and a half minutes before repeating same for G-100L aka Gold deoxit
Or monthly interest. Copy that.

Oct 11, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #4,179 of 4,319
Oct 12, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #4,181 of 4,319
Oct 20, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #4,182 of 4,319
I did search the thread a bit and don't see an answer anywhere, does anyone have any idea how many in total DMP-Z1's were made? And do most owners do the deoxit thing or is it helpful but not really necessary? Thanks

Oct 20, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #4,183 of 4,319
I did search the thread a bit and don't see an answer anywhere, does anyone have any idea how many in total DMP-Z1's were made? And do most owners do the deoxit thing or is it helpful but not really necessary? Thanks
No body knows how many were made

Oct 23, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #4,185 of 4,319
Thanks, I do have one other question and I did read through the thread. I plan on using mine via AC for the most part. Understood regarding the DMP charges while plugged in even when in AC mode and understood it's best for battery life to use it in battery mode and let it drain down maybe once every couple of months. So question being what are most owners doing, is it ok to leave it plugged in all the time turning it on and off when I actually use it like most any other electronic audio device or is that bad for the battery or bad for the device in general. Considering I plan on using it AC most of the time it seems kind of a nuisance to have to unplug it all the time when not in use. Thanks for any advice!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back