Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Feb 1, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #3,826 of 4,326
You use MDR_Z1R with DMP-Z1 with high gain too ?

Regarding headphone Mysphere 3 with dmp-z1, do you think it's adapted to all kind of music ?
Can't remember if I was high or low gain with MDR but I do know I far preffered MDR on both DMP and ZM2 vs IER. (Tuning wise)

Feb 3, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #3,828 of 4,326
You use MDR_Z1R with DMP-Z1 with high gain too ?

Regarding headphone Mysphere 3 with dmp-z1, do you think it's adapted to all kind of music ?
The MySphere is not quite for all kind of music. I tend to listen to vocals and acoustic and they work well. I know others who listen to classical music on the MySphere.

Feb 3, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #3,829 of 4,326
I’ve had a further reply from Sony, clarifying that they will cover all repair costs, but it does go on to warn that there could be further delays, due to logistics, so will expected April, become, May, June, July…..??
Aomething similar has happened to me with an Iral-B io9 electric toothbrush i sent to warrantu repair in berlin.
4 weeks in their hands and they told ke due to problems wirh supply chqin and logistics my purchased item is no longer available from the manufacturer. They senr me an io7 (okder model).

A whole month and a half passed by ab i had on my maaailbox a small packag... the promised io9 replacement came

Feb 3, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #3,830 of 4,326
The MySphere is not quite for all kind of music. I tend to listen to vocals and acoustic and they work well. I know others who listen to classical music on the MySphere.
I see you have many headphone... Completely amazing. I know Susvara, Abyss AB-1266 are not the most suitable from dmp-z1 but have tried them with the dmp ?

Feb 4, 2023 at 2:46 AM Post #3,831 of 4,326
I see you have many headphone... Completely amazing. I know Susvara, Abyss AB-1266 are not the most suitable from dmp-z1 but have tried them with the dmp ?
Hahah! No… :wink:

Feb 4, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #3,832 of 4,326
I tried Diana Phi with DMP, wasn't up to the job IMO. Spoke to Abyss and they recommended a minimum 3w@50ohm. That's pretty much what influenced me to get a proper desktop rig and put DMP up for sale. Good with easy to drive, not ideal for planar.

Feb 5, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #3,833 of 4,326
I tried Diana Phi with DMP, wasn't up to the job IMO. Spoke to Abyss and they recommended a minimum 3w@50ohm. That's pretty much what influenced me to get a proper desktop rig and put DMP up for sale. Good with easy to drive, not ideal for planar.
Yes I know Abyss + Susvara and LCD5 are not very suitable to DMP. But compared to others dap, the dmp is more powerful and I read in a test :

DMP-Z1 + HiFiMAN Susvara: The most difficult headphones of this test. You'll have to prefer the high gain and the balanced output of the DMP-Z1 to affirm the functionality of these headphones. Given the features, this is to be expected. Direct Source mode is no problem, but outside of this mode the volume of the DMP-Z1 will be pushed to its limits. As a "purist" listening is more than recommended on this exceptional headphone, this is a false problem. Indeed, if some headphones can show some sound inflections that the processings of the DMP-Z1 will be able to compensate for, the Susvara is enough on its own. Listening at the right level, the pair delivers an exceptional audio experience.

That's why I am looking for someone who has this kind of headphone and tested dmp with them.

Feb 5, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #3,834 of 4,326
I don't think LCD-5 or 4z would be an issue, the only potential drawback you might have with 5 is DMP EQ limitation but you might be one of the few who like them stock or minimal EQ.

There aren't many active owners in this thread now, I think what Kaits said is maybe the answer to the question you're asking.

Feb 5, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #3,835 of 4,326
Hello there
Quick feedback (after 2 years and half of using it)
I have tested all I was able to test so far (headphones, IEM, setups) and to my taste DMP-Z1 paired with Abyss Diana TC is out of this world :)
(it is hard to describre, but when tears flow during a listening session (and you do not know why), it transports you into the extraordinary nature of music (as well as other expressive arts), it doesn't mean anything, but it's always difficult to put into words a feeling/an experience).
DMP-Z1 R-8/∞ heart is fully expressed (Direct Source,High Gain mode and Balanced 4.4mm Pentaconn output) every listening is joy.
Now as always it is as no value beyond adding one more personal feedback to this thread, only what you you will be listening associated with your taste make sense in the end.

Attachments

• IMG_7907.jpeg
    IMG_7907.jpeg
    895.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9138.jpeg
    IMG_9138.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9147.jpeg
    IMG_9147.jpeg
    1,015.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #3,836 of 4,326
Hello there
Quick feedback (after 2 years and half of using it)
I have tested all I was able to test so far (headphones, IEM, setups) and to my taste DMP-Z1 paired with Abyss Diana TC is out of this world :)
(it is hard to describre, but when tears flow during a listening session (and you do not know why), it transports you into the extraordinary nature of music (as well as other expressive arts), it doesn't mean anything, but it's always difficult to put into words a feeling/an experience).
DMP-Z1 R-8/∞ heart is fully expressed (Direct Source,High Gain mode and Balanced 4.4mm Pentaconn output) every listening is joy.
Now as always it is as no value beyond adding one more personal feedback to this thread, only what you you will be listening associated with your taste make sense in the end.
when reading your post, i want to buy it :)

Feb 5, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #3,837 of 4,326
I’ve had a further reply from Sony, clarifying that they will cover all repair costs, but it does go on to warn that there could be further delays, due to logistics, so will expected April, become, May, June, July…..??
Great! That is a great service for top tier product

Feb 5, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #3,840 of 4,326

Users who are viewing this thread

Back