*Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread*
Jul 18, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #2,446 of 2,577
Just got my M/M 2 Stack and it seems to have reduced the sibilance i was hearing, tightened up the bass, and made it more pronounced. Soundstage seems to have shrunk a tiny bit though. Overall, good buy but, the Monoprice RCA Cables seem to fit very tightly. Also, the right rca (red) goes in less than the white. Anyone else with the Monoprice RCA's have this issue? Is this fine? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #2,447 of 2,577
Just got my M/M 2 Stack and it seems to have reduced the sibilance i was hearing, tightened up the bass, and made it more pronounced. Soundstage seems to have shrunk a tiny bit though. Overall, good buy but, the Monoprice RCA Cables seem to fit very tightly. Also, the right rca (red) goes in less than the white. Anyone else with the Monoprice RCA's have this issue? Is this fine? Thanks :)

I have Monoprice RCAs in my stack, and they are snug but they both fit equally. As long as the connection is solid it should be OK, but ideally you'd have them both seated fully.

Jul 19, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #2,448 of 2,577
Monoprice premium rca cables fit very tightly. Slowly twist/rotate them as you push them in until they're all the way in.

Jul 26, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #2,450 of 2,577
Well, after reading probably half of this very long thread I will now join the club with an uber (2) stack. Hopefully Schiit ships it soon!

Excited to use it with my older HD580s and my Etymotic ER-4S, and later this year with the mass drop 6XX's.

:dt880smile:

Edit to add that I have a Fulla (original) that is fine but not spectacular- hoping the ubers will blow it away...

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #2,451 of 2,577
Just got the Magni 2 in anticipation of getting a T50rp mk3. Question is: I have this going by RCA cable to a Creative Labs X-fi HD USB DAC/AMP line out. I currently have the X-fi HD USB's volume at 45 and am (obviously) changing the volume on the Magni 2. Is this ideal? Would I get any major benefit from getting a Modi 2 at this point, or would I be fine with the current setup? So far sounds damn great on my HD 598's, but also not sure if I'm really missing anything. MIght try to A/B it.

https://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-digital-music-premium-hd

Aug 12, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #2,452 of 2,577
Bought a pair of senn hd558 to replace my old ath-700s. Noticed the HD 6xx sale on massdrop and ordered them. Realized I'd need something to drive them and ordered the schiit stack. Listened for a week, amazed by the details I'd missed before. Read up on the mimby...well, schiit. This is how it starts, isn't it?

Aug 12, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #2,453 of 2,577
Bought a pair of senn hd558 to replace my old ath-700s. Noticed the HD 6xx sale on massdrop and ordered them. Realized I'd need something to drive them and ordered the schiit stack. Listened for a week, amazed by the details I'd missed before. Read up on the mimby...well, schiit. This is how it starts, isn't it?

Yes indeed this is how it usually starts, with that first "Aha!" moment where the music is just so much better than we've ever heard before, and all we want now is to make it even better.

As they say here; "Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet."

Aug 14, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #2,454 of 2,577
Yes indeed this is how it usually starts, with that first "Aha!" moment where the music is just so much better than we've ever heard before, and all we want now is to make it even better.

As they say here; "Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet."
Haha, that's what I've heard. I'm just getting my feet wet on the high-fi scene and I figured starting out with the schiit stack would be a good compromise. If I really think I want something better? I can upgrade. And if I'm happy with what I've got? I can stick with it. Of course, I say that, and I've already sold the modi after ~30 hours on it and got the modibit...

Aug 17, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #2,455 of 2,577
What about just Magni 2 Uber only ? I read somewhere: "use amp without dac can make background noises in your music".

P/s: Can I search something inside this thread?

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #2,456 of 2,577
What about just Magni 2 Uber only ? I read somewhere that amp only can make background noises.

P/s: Can I search something inside this thread?
Please clarify, "that amp only can make background noises" implies that it cannot do anything else, like play music.

Aug 18, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #2,458 of 2,577
I edited my post. I'm wondering that sound come from Magni those plugged direct to my laptop without DAC will have some background noises.

You will probably hear background noises, depending on the quality of the output on your laptop. Most computers have poor quality audio outputs and pick up a lot of noise from inside the PC, which is one reason why so many people use separate DACs.

Aug 31, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #2,459 of 2,577
Remember what I said awhile ago, there needs to be a ground in the chain, a single point is nice to have. If it floats, expect some sort of noise.
i know this is an old post: but i'm curious and a newb: i understand like having A connected to B via a power and grounding B to ground A too...but how does grounding the laptop help? does the USB cable between modi and laptop transfer the "ground"? does the same apply to RCA cables? (like say i have A connected to B via RCA and B is grounded)! I'm a bit of a newb so sorry if my question is stupid

Aug 31, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #2,460 of 2,577

My Schiit tower
biggrin.gif
JESUS CHRIST the 1/4" on that cable tho...i thought the end of my th-x00 was big..this looks HUGE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back