Official: New York Area Meet, Nov 20, White Plains, NY
Nov 16, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #241 of 308
wow i'm psyched theres a meet in my neck of the woods. i'm relatively new to the headfi-world (~2 months) and ever since stumbling upon this site i've been completely hooked and excited to try out new gear. 

I will be proud to bring/show off my budget system:
Cans - Sony XB700, Alessandro Ms1i
Amp - Fiio E7/E9 Combo
*brand new Sony SA5k's should be here this week, if so I'll bring them too*

can't wait for saturday!

Nov 16, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #242 of 308

Quote:
wow i'm psyched theres a meet in my neck of the woods. i'm relatively new to the headfi-world (~2 months) and ever since stumbling upon this site i've been completely hooked and excited to try out new gear. 

I will be proud to bring/show off my budget system:
Cans - Sony XB700, Alessandro Ms1i
Amp - Fiio E7/E9 Combo
*brand new Sony SA5k's should be here this week, if so I'll bring them too*

can't wait for saturday!

Sounds good, looks like there will be two E7/E9 combos at the meet!

Nov 16, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #244 of 308
Looking forward to Saturday. I decided that I'm bringing a different source (The Oppo is a royal pain to remove from my main system- 11 wires to unhook). So I'll be bringing my Exemplar SACD-3000, which my back won't like, the SACD-3000 weights 4 x what the Oppo weighs.

Nov 16, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #247 of 308

Quote:
Looking forward to Saturday. I decided that I'm bringing a different source (The Oppo is a royal pain to remove from my main system- 11 wires to unhook). So I'll be bringing my Exemplar SACD-3000, which my back won't like, the SACD-3000 weights 4 x what the Oppo weighs.

Ethan, I know exactly what you mean about the Oppo being a pain in the arse to remove from your system. My component rack is so heavy, it won't slide on the carpet anymore.
That's why I stopped bringing my Esoteric DV-50 to meets. With 6 pairs of IC's along with the video connections and 50lbs. of solid componentry , it was major construction project to bring it out and re-hook it back up.

I know mine's not an SE but I will be bringing my Exemplar Modded BDP-83 with me for anyone who wants to hear it. It is a wonderful source.

Quote:
coming up soon. doors open at 9AM. looking forward to hearing the much talked about HE6, among other things.

David, there should be at least 2 pairs of HE-6's there. I just received mine, this week, and of course there will be whatever Nankai brings.
Bring some of your favorite recordings.

*Note- Remember good people. Power strips and extension chords are an absolute necessity to brokering a great meet. 

Nov 16, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #248 of 308
Is anyone bringing a pair of AKG K601?

Nov 16, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #250 of 308

Quote:
Is anyone bringing the Audeze LCD -2's ?

Looks like it from the gear list 
wink_face.gif

Nov 17, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #252 of 308
Is there a planned dinner? I am working till 5pm by JFK so I might be able to make it just in time to grab a beer and a burger with you old farts.

Nov 17, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #253 of 308
Quote:
...so I might be able to make it just in time to grab a beer and a burger with you old farts.

I might be getting old, but I can assure you that my farts are always fresh and never come out the same way twice.
Each one is independently owned and operated.

Nov 17, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #254 of 308

Quote:
Quote:
...so I might be able to make it just in time to grab a beer and a burger with you old farts.

I might be getting old, but I can assure you that my farts are always fresh and never come out the same way twice.

Are you sure you're on the right forum, and that wasn't meant for the other place?

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #255 of 308

Quote:
Quote:

Whoa!  TMI!

Darn, the problem is now I'm curious to hear if it does come out the same way twice 
confused_face(1).gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back