Official: New York Area Meet, Nov 20, White Plains, NY
Nov 13, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #212 of 308
I look forward to it. $200 is about the upper level I would consider spending on a DAC. I like the Ibasso Boomslang DAC, and it is $219, but I would not getting it anytime soon.

Nov 13, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #213 of 308
I didn't know that anyone else knows David Bromberg?! I used to see him in Central Park every year, every concert. 

Wow, that just broke loose some cobwebs. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 13, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #214 of 308
My dad really likes him. I kind of like him, too, as he is a great singer and guitarist, but he's not my favorite. My dad has seen him in concert a few times. He will be happy to hang out with someone that has similar musical tastes.

Nov 13, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #215 of 308
Bromberg is awesome!  His website shows that he is supposed to be playing the Emelin Theater  in Mamaroneck, NY, the town next to White Plains, on December 5.  But the Emelin website doesn't list him so I'm not sure.

Nov 14, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #217 of 308

Quote:
Hey Erik...  I plan to make the meet & bring some stuff... 
Amps : a CTH, a CK²III, a β22 (prob my budget 2-ch)
Cans: D2000, HD600, 600R DT880
Sources; an iPod, a CD player w/dig out into EL Buffalo32 (that'll look familiar to EL Someone @ the meet:)

Cool stuff, Chris.  I'll have the CTH and the Woo WA2 running from my DAC.  I think you will find the comparison interesting.  ; )

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #218 of 308
Bromberg's, "How Late wil you Play 'til"- "Will Not Be Your Fool" was one of my favorites.

When he announced that he was going to retire and make 1 violin a year we knew that it was time to stop the mushrooms. 
blink.gif

Special thanks to Erik for saying he would come to my final party. I'll save a chair up front for ya!
yikes and bozebuttons....I was really counting on you, but know I know that I have to look both ways when doing 168mph on "The Beast".

Nov 14, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #219 of 308
I changed my satus to definitely coming, so you can put my name down. I'm just wondering if the venders, especially Brittany from JH Audio, will be there when the event opens at 10, or will she be coming later? Reason why I ask is that I really want to try on some JH 16s, but I have work in Stamford at 1 PM (although I may be able to postpone work until 2 PM if they can not make it until noonish). Also, I am really sorry, but all I am bringing are my Sennheiser IE8i IEMs, cuz I can't find my B&W P5 cans and my JH-16s with JH-3A don't come in for a month or so.

Thanks, I can't wait to come!

Nov 14, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #220 of 308
One thing about my CK2III w/its BD139/140s is I find it a bit thin sounding, as others have reported, but that's good for fat sounding cans like my D2000s. 
Plan to swap in MJE243/253s or 2SA1837/2SC4793s down the road.

Quote:
I look forward to comparing the CK2III to the budget B22, since one of those will likely be my next build. (Fancy CKK vs baby beta)

Sounds good Erik...  Heh, the Woo WA2 is one of the big boys I see:) 
Quote:
Cool stuff, Chris.  I'll have the CTH and the Woo WA2 running from my DAC.  I think you will find the comparison interesting.  ; )

Nov 14, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #221 of 308

Quote:
Bromberg's, "How Late wil you Play 'til"- "Will Not Be Your Fool" was one of my favorites.

When he announced that he was going to retire and make 1 violin a year we knew that it was time to stop the mushrooms. 
blink.gif

Special thanks to Erik for saying he would come to my final party. I'll save a chair up front for ya!
yikes and bozebuttons....I was really counting on you, but know I know that I have to look both ways when doing 168mph on "The Beast".

You know I would be there.
wink.gif

Nov 14, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #223 of 308
I will be there! :)

Last time I went to one of these ( think it was in Queens ) I lost my Shure 530's:frowning2:

Nov 14, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #224 of 308
I can't get it up. The gear page that is. Must replace my wanky isp that's become very unfriendly lately.

Does anyone have a home for this? If so, I'll email the pages and you can put them on your server.

Nov 14, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #225 of 308

Quote:
I can't get it up. The gear page that is. Must replace my wanky isp that's become very unfriendly lately.

Does anyone have a home for this? If so, I'll email the pages and you can put them on your server.

Sure, I can do that. I'll PM you my email address. But I can get to your site as well, so perhaps its just you. (Unless you can't update, in which case it's a real problem.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back