Official: New York Area Meet, Nov 20, White Plains, NY
Nov 19, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #301 of 308
Stuff is always better than you remember. I get more critical as time goes on. This is a root cause of upgraditis.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the meet, especially because I am going to try to score a pair of ful size phones. I am bringing a Sansa Fuze I can part with as well as an S:Flo2 and some cash.

Nov 19, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #302 of 308

Quote:

Quote:
Hows the new amp sounding, Ari?

Honestly, like poo :frowning2: 

I'v emailed around and hopefully have good advice about what I need to change to fix it. There is still the risk that it wont make the trip, I dont want anybody to hear it the way it sounds now.

Simple amp is not simple.

Just run it from now to Sat and listen to it then. Non Hollow State needs plenty of break-in.

Nov 19, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #303 of 308
OK. I'm all ready.

Ray is already asleep on my chair. I'm listening to his balanced SR-71B with the HE-6, LCD-2 and Denon Siltech 7000's....all balanced.

All I can say is "wow".

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #305 of 308
Almost finished packing up then off to bed.  Lots of gear to listen to so I need a full night's sleep.

Not many of you sent me your names so I'm going to print out nametags with screen names only for those who didn't supply a "real" name.  I'll have Sharpies so you can write in whatever you'd like.

See you tomorrow!

Nov 20, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #307 of 308

Quote: re dinner: 
is there a place in the hotel that can do a group thing for us? that'll certainly be the most convenient option!
there are at least 2, maybe more, nearby diners, although i don't have their names or phone #s (if we wanna do that it's good to call them and give them warning that 25 people want to be seated together....)
one is across from pf changs on westchester ave, and the other is along mamaroneck ave
edit: White Plains Coach Diner
transparent.png
  50 Westchester Avenue, White Plains, NY (914) 428-5700

I'm interested to go to the meet, won't be staying for dinner; FWIW I'm from White Plains. My in-laws used to be into the Coach Diner when they visited, but on two different visits were served rotten food-- soured milk the first time (which they forgave) and bad meat the second (which they didn't). The hotel food was pricey and not that good when I ate there, but that was ten years ago. Changs is good, but yes, crowded; there is an Outback Steakhouse (60 S. Broadway, (914) 684-1397) as near as the Coach Diner. And a Cheesecake Factory within a bit more of a walk (corner of Maple and Bloomingdale Avenue).

They really liked the chatty waitresses and the prices at the Coach, but I'd never eat there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back