Official: New York Area Meet, Nov 20, White Plains, NY
Nov 19, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #287 of 308
a large group won't be able to get a table at PFs - too crowded. the best bet for a large table with no reservations is the White Plains Coach Diner, which is nearby - affordable and something for everyone.

Nov 19, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #288 of 308
My first thought is always the diner as well.  Isn't there a pub/grill and bar on Westchester Ave across from PF Chang?  That might be an option also.  It used to be Finn McCool's (and for you old timers it used to be the Single Wing) but now it's some other kind of pub I believe.

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #290 of 308
My goodness, I'll be shocked if you guys have enough room for everyone and everything!
There better be someone there that takes good photographs, because I will love to see how the meet turns out.

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #291 of 308

Quote:
My goodness, I'll be shocked if you guys have enough room for everyone and everything!
There better be someone there that takes good photographs, because I will love to see how the meet turns out.

I'll be trying my best, as I'm sure Nikongod will.

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #292 of 308
Quote:
PM me with your name and screen name and I'll try to make nametags.

thanks Erik.  just make 50 badges that say "Jude" on them 
tongue.gif

re dinner: 
is there a place in the hotel that can do a group thing for us? that'll certainly be the most convenient option!
there are at least 2, maybe more, nearby diners, although i don't have their names or phone #s (if we wanna do that it's good to call them and give them warning that 25 people want to be seated together....)
one is across from pf changs on westchester ave, and the other is along mamaroneck ave
edit:
?  White Plains Coach Diner
transparent.png
  50 Westchester Avenue, White Plains, NY (914) 428-5700

re certain attendees:
i'll be bringing a friend, Joey (the brain surgeon), who has joined us before at these gatherings. i think my wife is a no show. also, i just heard from dave-the-rave who's planning on joining us in the afternoon.

re mots:
i just spoke with:

Ray Samuels- he'll be there along with the a10 & sr71b breadboarded. unfortunately a full on encased proto couldn't be readied for the meet.

Brittany Harvey - she's in nys and has the universal demos, but unfortunately not the jh3a

John Grado: he sends his regrets. they're just too busy and backed up to make it although he does want to be kept in the loop and he expressed an interest in canjam.

Nov 19, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #293 of 308

Quote:
Quote:

I usually do my best to fit 4 rigs on 1/2 of a table :p

Its a lot like my home system, only a little more spread out.

Nov 19, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #294 of 308

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I usually do my best to fit 4 rigs on 1/2 of a table :p

Its a lot like my home system, only a little more spread out.

You can have 3/4 of my space, my rig is miniscule. I'll be sure to bring some good CDs for listening though.

Hows the new amp sounding, Ari?

Nov 19, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #295 of 308

Quote:
Hows the new amp sounding, Ari?

Honestly, like poo :frowning2: 

I'v emailed around and hopefully have good advice about what I need to change to fix it. There is still the risk that it wont make the trip, I dont want anybody to hear it the way it sounds now.

Simple amp is not simple.

Nov 19, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #296 of 308
The room is 1500 square feet and we will have over 500 square feet of table space (6' x 3' x 28 tables).  That should be enough.  Considering we fit everyone into the Knights of Columbus that year when one one of the vendors brought enough stuff to take up 4 tables.  But yeah, try to build up or bring racks if possible. 

The hotel does have a restaurant but I don't think it's our style (at least not mine).  It's a French bistro and a bit pricey I think. I think the diner is going to be our best bet.

Nov 19, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #297 of 308
Hi All,

erikzen messaged me this morning that the demo E7/E9s were delivered to him yesterday. A lot of hard work goes into organizing local events like these so I would like to thank erikzen for his efforts and for agreeing to handle the E7/E9 demo units from us.

I am sure the meet will be a great success and I hope the performance of the E7/E9 meets or exceeds the expectations of those who sit down to take a listen.

Have fun and looking forward to see any pictures from the meet.

Jack

Nov 19, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #298 of 308
i'm all packed - why does it always take so long - and am just figuring out which CDs i want to bring. plan to be there around 9AM. hope to get an early listen to the HE6 before it gets too crowded (and loud).

vcoheda

Nov 19, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #299 of 308
I could have sworn that I posted this info about an hour ago but it's gone, so...

The Sennheiser RF Headphone System that I'm donating to the auction is working great! It's actually better than I remembered.
smile.gif

Nov 19, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #300 of 308
Packed up.
 Bringing
Cary 300sei (modded0
Phillips SACD 1000
PS audio quintent for power
HD650/ silver dragon
Grado sr80I modded,Jaben aluminum cups

Will not make dinner as I will leave a little early to go to my sister inlaws birthday/retirement party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back