Official: New York Area Meet, Nov 20, White Plains, NY
Nov 17, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #256 of 308
Nov 17, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #257 of 308

Quote:
Excuse me?
Quote:

Are you sure you're on the right forum, and that wasn't meant for the other place?

Just noting that it seemed like a comment that would be more at home on another headphone forum. 
duggehsmile.png

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #259 of 308

Quote:
Mmkay folks, I'm officially not able to come.

I was really looking forward to it.

I'll be watching and waiting for the meet impressions thread that will eventually spawn.

Sorry about that, hope you'll be able to make it next year and to CanJam.

Nov 18, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #260 of 308

Quote:
I cant wait for the meet!

I wrote a short poem, about DIY amps and irony.

A month ago I ordered parts for a new amp
I had vacation from work last week
The parts will be here Friday

e0cbc3dd_DSC_0008.JPG

The parts came early :)
At 8 this was just loose parts
now it makes music

Nov 18, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #261 of 308
Ari, looking forward to hearing your latest creation! Transformer coupled SS amp??

To all that may have an amp but need a source it looks like I'll have the sonic studio 305 and a MBPro with me and it can handle up to 4 amps although it is set up for xlr so we'll need xlr to rca if your amp is single ended. 

I'm also burning a few copies of the Michael Arnopol Trio that I recorded at CanJam, were still waiting on several clearances to get these files out but I'll have a few hard copies at the meet. 

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #263 of 308
I'm excited to go, my last meet was in queens a little over a year ago but this one is walking distance from me!

Also, I've posted up a WA5 and K1000 combo for sale that I'd be able to bring to the meet if anyone is interested in purchasing. (Check signature for details).

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #264 of 308
Equiptment Change:  I'll be bringing my KGTT instead of the Blue Hawaii.

Also, I may need a ride to and from Manhattan if anyone has room.  Please PM me if you do.

Nov 18, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #265 of 308
Cool amp, Ari!  Looking forward to hearing that, for sure.

Nov 18, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #266 of 308
Well it's official - the El 4-ch b22 will not be making it to this party, but the budget b22 will.

Maybe I'll find someone that'll let me try out my Buffalo32 XLR/balanced outs -> balanced amp -> balanced cans.
The b32 passes all checks w/flying colors & SE/unbalanced sounds great but I've no balanced amp to try.

Also interested in trying "new driver" (well, not so new anymore) HD650s... Love my HD600s & would like to compare.

If you are game for this I'd say I'm the balding guy w/glasses but don't think that'd narrow it down enough:)
Maybe I'll find my nametag from last Fall's meet, or you can ID me by the gear in my sig.

Unfortunately my wife's family decided that their Thanksgivings dinner is Sat. @ 3pm, so I'll have to cut out early:frowning2:

Nov 18, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #267 of 308
Quote:
Kerry said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif
Equiptment Change:  I'll be bringing my KGTT instead of the Blue Hawaii.

this will probably end up with a big 'DOH!' on my part, but whatsa KGTT?

Quote:
cfcubed said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it's official - the El 4-ch b22 will not be making it to this party, but the budget b22 will.
Unfortunately my wife's family decided that their Thanksgivings dinner is Sat. @ 3pm, so I'll have to cut out early:frowning2:

the amp sounds interesting (you have a habit of showing up with interesting amps
wink.gif
).
stick around at the meet. you can always go over there later when they're all stunned into submission on the couch feeling the effects of L- tryptophan from their turkey OD (perhaps it's nature's protection for the rest of the flock?
tongue.gif
) and eat leftovers. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
erikzen said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone bringing a pair of AKG K601?

if you like i can bring mine.

Quote:
MrSlacker said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there a planned dinner? I am working till 5pm by JFK so I might be able to make it just in time to grab a beer and a burger with you old farts.

i'd asked this question previously w/o a response. there are a number of choices in the area. we'll probably figure it out after the fact. just call one of us on our cell phone to find out where we are.

Nov 18, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #268 of 308
ok, i'm thinking of bringing the following gear. most (but not all ) of it will be available for sale if any one's interested, as i need to raise funds for other projects, although interesting trades are possible too. please contact me if any of this looks interesting (you can also ck my profile for other equipment). much of this stuff is virtually new. :

akg k601, k181 (not 81)
b&w p5
balanced rs-1s
ms1000s
saa cabled gs-1s
pf-1s
hd600 / 650s (recabled)

ra-1 (just back from grado - they replaced the switch)
creek obh21se
heed can amp
rsa protector
pico slim
corda: headfive
decware: zen head zh1
headroom: supreme
musical fidelity: x-can v2 w/ x-can ps & x-10d
rsa hornet
factory sealed twag balanced cable & 1" rt angle mini to mini

Nov 18, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #269 of 308
what lovely headphone transformers!  I can't wait

Quote:
Quote:
I cant wait for the meet!

I wrote a short poem, about DIY amps and irony.

A month ago I ordered parts for a new amp
I had vacation from work last week
The parts will be here Friday

The parts came early :)
At 8 this was just loose parts
now it makes music

Nov 18, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #270 of 308
Remember the Auction!!!! Bring cash! Or perhaps something cool to donate.

I am donating to the Auction:

1 RF Headphone System: Model - Sennheiser HDR-140

I believe that it is now discontinued, but it was the best RF system that I found (Admittedly I didn't spend much time looking
blink.gif
). It was well over $180 retail. I purchased it new in the Spring of 07, I used it for listening to Streaming Radio in my Apartment in Boston. I moved to PA in August of 07 and haven't used it since (So it's pretty much like new). Not up to Audiophile standards (I don't believe any wireless system is), but for TV, or Streaming Radio, or to use while cleaning or some such they worked well.

They're charging now, tomorrow I'll test them. I anticipate that they'll be fine. (if they're not I'll let everyone know)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back