Official: New York Area Meet, Nov 20, White Plains, NY
Nov 14, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #227 of 308
W00t, I'm free to come to the meet.  After a year and a half of reading Head-fi, I'm excited to meet some of you in person and learn more about this obsession that is quickly consuming my life.

I'm bringing:

Edition 8 (arriving this week!)
LA2000 with Silky Oak cups and Jena Labs balanced cable
IE8
JH16
TWag cables - Elite Reference LOD, IEM Protector, Protector to mini, OM IEM to mini, Oyaide mini to mini, Viablue mini to mini
RSA Protector
HiFiMAN HM-801
WhipMOD (the new iPod mod from Whiplash Audio)
Cowon S9, Touch 2g, Clip+

What I'm excited to listen to or hope to see:

Wyred4Sound DAC-1 or DAC-2
Lavry DA-11
Benchmark DAC1 USB
Headroom BUDA or other balanced desktop amps
LCD-2, HD800, T1, Ed.9, Ed.10

Thanks to the organizers, I'm really looking forward to this.

Nov 15, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #228 of 308
Last-minute gear change: will be bringing the Avenson Audio Headphone Amp instead of the Schiit Asgard. Looks like I'll be getting it back in time for the meet (I had to send it back to the manufacturer for a minor fix). (Other gear was posted here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/516571/official-new-york-area-meet-nov-20-white-plains-ny/120#post_7030611)

I've been fighting an internal struggle - half of me wants to skip the meet and explore NYC instead, but the other half is telling me to attend the meet. It's not often I get to go to NYC and there's still so much of the city that I haven't seen! I'll probably end up going to the meet anyway, oh well. I guess I'll just have to schedule another trip to NYC sometime.....
frown.gif

Nov 15, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #229 of 308

Quote:
Last-minute gear change: will be bringing the Avenson Audio Headphone Amp instead of the Schiit Asgard. Looks like I'll be getting it back in time for the meet (I had to send it back to the manufacturer for a minor fix).

I've been fighting an internal struggle - half of me wants to skip the meet and explore NYC instead, but the other half is telling me to attend the meet. It's not often I get to go to NYC and there's still so much of the city that I haven't seen! I'll probably end up going to the meet anyway, oh well. I guess I'll just have to schedule another trip to NYC sometime.....
frown.gif

More trips to NYC is a good thing, Asr 
wink_face.gif

And your post reminds me that I should mark what I'm bringing:

Stax SR007MK1
Stax SRX MK3 Pro
AKG K340

and this a maybe (depending on logistics):

Stax SR001MK2

I won't be carrying any amps so I will be at the mercy of the tables, particularly Kerry.  Little warning Kerry, I'm gonna be asking you a question or 500 when I get there. 
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 15, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #230 of 308
Yeah, mostly it's problems on my end where I can't update the file at will, but have lots of intermittent issues. It seems down more often than up. I have other reasons for getting a better hosting site, so maybe I'll resolve this once and for all before the next meet. If not, I'll arrange something.

Nov 15, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #231 of 308
I cant wait for the meet!

I wrote a short poem, about DIY amps and irony.

A month ago I ordered parts for a new amp
I had vacation from work last week
The parts will be here Friday

Nov 15, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #232 of 308

Quote:

That's a work of real power and truth, Ari.

Nov 15, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #233 of 308

Quote:

That is an excellent!  You are a true renaissance man.

Makes me want to try some Haiku. 

Here's one for Ari's amp:

As fall turns colder
New York headphone fest arrives
Amp unbuilt, unheard

And one for the meet in general:

Sound heard on the wind
Sources, amps and cans delight
Headphones on your ears

Nov 15, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #234 of 308
Hey guys~ would anyone be so kind as to help me solder a plug to my headphone cable?  I tried it twice and I failed at making the connection clean... If any of you would spare 10 minutes I would be SO glad.

Nov 15, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #235 of 308
I'm considering bringing my Entire setup minus the headphones.

So it would be my MSB Platinum DAC III and the TTVJ 307a Millett.  And my iMac

I may bring one headphone for demonstration, but I'm hoping people will take advantage of my system should I bring it.  I'll either yay or nay if it's coming on the 19th.

I haven't gone through this whole thread but will anyone be bringing any of these amps:

Manley 300B
EarHP4
Balancing Act
Zana Deux
Woo22
Woo5

Those are the amps I am most interested in hearing.  If someone would want to connect any of those amps to my source in SE mode, my DAC can power both my amp and yours simultaneously.  Let me know....I will bring my RCA interconnects in that case.

Nov 15, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #236 of 308
DM, you have, after your nightmare, developed some kind of relationship with Ultrasone. and they owe you....
any chance you can give them a call and see if they can show up at the meet. and if not could they send you an Edition 10 (as well as mebbe an ed8 & ed?) to bring along? (it'd be really nice if they'd donate one for the auction!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
)   tia.

Jude, you have contacts at Sennheiser. any chance you could get them to show up?

Nov 15, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #238 of 308

Quote:
DM, you have, after your nightmare, developed some kind of relationship with Ultrasone. and they owe you....
any chance you can give them a call and see if they can show up at the meet. and if not could they send you an Edition 10 (as well as mebbe an ed8 & ed?) to bring along? (it'd be really nice if they'd donate one for the auction!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
)   tia.

Jude, you have contacts at Sennheiser. any chance you could get them to show up?

Ha!

I'm not sure they owe me anymore, but I also wouldn't say I have a "relationship"......certainly a thread being put up on the sponsor pages and personal email written to each company would be good.

Nov 16, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #240 of 308
I'll throw a solder iron, shrinkwrap, etc. in the car so I can help you out w/this.  You'll be able to ID me by the gear list I posted a bit back:)
Quote:
Hey guys~ would anyone be so kind as to help me solder a plug to my headphone cable?  I tried it twice and I failed at making the connection clean... If any of you would spare 10 minutes I would be SO glad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back