Official K-81 DJ thread
Dec 25, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #1,876 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBurns11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know if HeadRoom is out of stock of these things? I placed my order for them on Dec. 1st, it's now the 10th and I still haven't recieved a shipping confirmation. I've never ordered from HeadRoom so I don't know if they just take a long time to ship or what. Any help?

Call them. I know you've PM'ed them too, but I'd give them a call on Tuesday. You'll get your answer quicker that way. Tyl and the crew at Headroom are a topnotch bunch of headphone fanatics - but they are a small company, so they wear many different hats. This time of year must be the pits for them - especially customer service. But they take great pride in solving any mistakes, so call them, explain your situation and I'm sure you'll get the correct answer.

Dec 25, 2006 at 4:25 AM Post #1,877 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCIII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Call them. I know you've PM'ed them too, but I'd give them a call on Tuesday. You'll get your answer quicker that way. Tyl and the crew at Headroom are a topnotch bunch of headphone fanatics - but they are a small company, so they wear many different hats. This time of year must be the pits for them - especially customer service. But they take great pride in solving any mistakes, so call them, explain your situation and I'm sure you'll get the correct answer.

It's all been straightened out now. The problem was on my end. I officially retract my previous statement about their customer service. Sorry Headroom!

Dec 25, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #1,879 of 2,661
Just got these for X-mas... Trying them out right now and they sound very very nice. I have the Grado SR-80, and the Sennheiser HD 497. I wanted a closed can and this is the perfect one for the money. It blows the Sennheiser out of the water. And can actually compete with the Grado... An amazing closed can.

Dec 25, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #1,881 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBurns11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, They're due on the 26th (tomorrow). A little late Christmas present for myself. I can't wait.

That sounds more like Headroom service. I got mine 2 days after I ordered them, and I live in Vermont.

Give em a good burn in before doing any serious listening, then try the pad removal tweak and see if you don't find them one of the most fun pair of cans you own.

Dec 26, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #1,882 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by speshlj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I just bought a pair of these to get me by while Technics replaces my rpdh 1200's which I broke in world record time. I've been through 4 pair of Sony 700s and 1 technics in like 10 years of djing. I swore by the Sony b/c in big club they can be heard over thunderous bass. The technics are the first pair I tried to outdo the sony. Also I spin house/techno/progressive... so sound quality is SOMEWHAT impt, more so than hip hop.

Anyway, I got the k81dj from Buy.com for 58 bucks w/2 day shipping. I wanted the k181dj, but after reading mixed reviews, i figured i'd save 100 bucks since I know i'm getting a free pair of technics. Has anyone tried using these AKG's in a big club or nice size lounge w/pounding music?

My next venture will be the ultrasone DJ1's, but i think I want the pro version and I'm not in the mood to drop 230 for them right now.

Thanks man.

This is going to be so awesome. A brand new 81 dj + my first amp a pa2v2.

Dec 26, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #1,883 of 2,661
what is with my relatives and thievery? my cousin just ran for the hills with my K81DJs! i called my uncle and he said the cuz just hiked a flight to illinois today. GRRRRR. i knew i shouldn't have converted him to the Fuzzy Side!

Dec 26, 2006 at 2:49 PM Post #1,884 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is with my relatives and thievery? my cousin just ran for the hills with my K81DJs! i called my uncle and he said the cuz just hiked a flight to illinois today. GRRRRR. i knew i shouldn't have converted him to the Fuzzy Side!

Jahn,

They say revenge is a dish best servd cold. Now that your cousin has started down the better sound via headphones road, he'll no doubt upgrade the K81DJ's at some point. And when he does, your opportunity will present itself (especially if he upgrades to something you want). At that point give him a taste of his own medicine. You'll feel sooooo much better, and laugh sooooo much harder when HE complains.

Dec 27, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #1,885 of 2,661
i'm thinking of buying these cans and so i have a couple of questions.

can you use them in the outdoors (walking in rain and that sort of stuff)

are these cans comfortable? compared to let's say koss UR-40?

i live in holland and i can buy them for 58 euro's is this a good price?

greetings Tom.

Dec 27, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #1,887 of 2,661
Had mine for three days now and I love 'em. They were incredibly uncomfortable at first -- perhaps b/c I'm used to the rediculously comfortable A700s -- but after doing the 'tong-bend' I've gotten them to the point where they're at least not a bother. Soundstage has really reacted nicely to 40 hours of burn-in. Bass is also much tighter now than out of the box. These are going to be my portable cans for the forseeabale future and I'm damn excited about it. Taking the bus to campus will be a helluva lot more bearable now that I won't have to deal with my gawddamn ibuds. I'm listening to Jay Reatard's Blood Visions right now and while it isn't as crisp or pristine sounding as with the A700s (not that this rekkid could ever sound pristine exactly, haw haw), I dare say it just sounds more 'fun.' Works very well with irascible-type rekkids.

Dec 28, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #1,888 of 2,661
Does anyone know of an actual store either near Quebec City, the vicinity of Toronto, or in Ottawa that sells these?

I can't buy online because my parents don't want to right now because of w/e, so my only options are to buy it in QC, get my brother to buy it In Ottawa and ship it to me, or get my best friend in Toronto to buy it and ship it to me.

smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #1,890 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by DefconZero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know of an actual store either near Quebec City, the vicinity of Toronto, or in Ottawa that sells these?

I can't buy online because my parents don't want to right now because of w/e, so my only options are to buy it in QC, get my brother to buy it In Ottawa and ship it to me, or get my best friend in Toronto to buy it and ship it to me.

smily_headphones1.gif

That's too bad because I got mine shipped from Calgary (Axe Music) and paid $85CDN with free shipping. Just got them and they are awsome!

I think I remember earlier in this thread seeing someone had bought them in T.O., could give that a try.

Good luck and happy new year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back