Official K-81 DJ thread
Nov 7, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #1,771 of 2,661
If you do get the money back, I suggest ordering the K81DJs from FP Logistics (fplstore on ebay). They have them listed at $69 but they'll accept offers as low as $55.

Nov 7, 2006 at 3:54 AM Post #1,772 of 2,661
Just received mine from Axe Music today. Packaging wasn't the most professional that I've seen, but they arrived safely and quite quickly, Purolator had 'em at my door on Friday (ordered Wednesday, shipped Wednesday) but I had to wait to today to pick up from the shipping depot. If you're in Canada, I recommend 'em. Save yourself the brokerage fees and keep the money in our great country
wink.gif

I've only listened for about 30 minutes, but so far I'm really impressed. For the price they sound very good, and isolate much better than I thought they would. I thought my old Sony circumaurals would've isolated better, but they're not even close.

Now I just need to get my HPDAC working...

Nov 8, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #1,773 of 2,661
OK, just ordered a pair from Axe, eh hoser.
smily_headphones1.gif

Filed a "please return my cash" dispute with paypal with digital4cheap, the place on ebay which that had the K81djs for cheap. You get what you pay for.

Digital4cheap on ebay is clearly a mickey mouse operation, buyer beware. Pay the extra $10 and go elsewhere, speare yourself the hassle!

Nov 8, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #1,774 of 2,661
it's interesting...i've been switching back and forth between these cans and my ex90 and i didn't noticed any reduction in treble with the foam pads in place. my k81dj have about 200hrs on them now and i think that although they might start off sounding dark, the highs on these open up over time and usage. i haven't tried removing the foam yet as i like the way they sound right now. i think markl has mentioned this in the past but it wasn't until i compared them to another set of cans that i noticed that they get brighter over time.

Nov 8, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #1,775 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by DDF
OK, just ordered a pair from Axe, eh hoser.
smily_headphones1.gif

Filed a "please return my cash" dispute with paypal with digital4cheap, the place on ebay which that had the K81djs for cheap. You get what you pay for.

Digital4cheap on ebay is clearly a mickey mouse operation, buyer beware. Pay the extra $10 and go elsewhere, speare yourself the hassle!

I sent him another email to C&P Electronics and got another response that they/he would look into things. Seeing how a lot of people on ebay did actually get their items, just after a long wait, I'm gonna hold out another week or two...then I'll be calling up Visa or whoever else I need to get my money back.

Nov 8, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #1,776 of 2,661
Hmm... it seems fplstore (Fascination Products?) doesn't carry the K81DJ anymore? There are three eBay stores carrying the K81, but I'm not sure if any of them are trustworthy.

EDIT: I see, he's out of stock. Grr, I can't wait...

Nov 10, 2006 at 1:35 PM Post #1,778 of 2,661
Anyone got these and a DT231. I need to replace the DT231 which seems to like having an amp on the end of it (rubbish out of my shuffle and laptop where even the 580 works OK)

So are they happy ampless?

and are the plug intermittency problems happening to people who take care of them. I don't mind putting on a new plug if it is an OK job (ie the cable is easy to work with)

Nov 10, 2006 at 2:39 PM Post #1,780 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonethugz
i kind of got used to it now so i have no problem with either hd580 and dt990 pro
smily_headphones1.gif
blink.gif
wink.gif

I can't stand it!
basshead.gif
... there is no way I could get used to it, there has got to be a way...

Nov 10, 2006 at 5:18 PM Post #1,783 of 2,661
I find them very uncomfortable, its really hopeless, been using it for like a week now, ears turn red and ache very badly after just an hour or so. I have tried everything. These are good only for "on the go" applications, no use for sitting in one place and listening for long periods.

SQ is awesome however, so I just keep hurting my ears over and over again
eggosmile.gif

Nov 10, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #1,784 of 2,661
I found mine to be quite uncomfortable the first few days, but my giant head seemed to stretch them out pretty fast and they got more and more comfortable. mine had a problem with the left channel cutting out after about 2 weeks, so I exchanged them for a new pair, and once again they need to stretch out.

I'm pretty happy with how they sound. my one complaint is sometime they give a bit of a faint distorted "vvvvfffft" with the sound on some notes, which gets way worse if you take the foam out. both pairs I've had do this.

Nov 10, 2006 at 9:05 PM Post #1,785 of 2,661
A combination of moderate stretching, prolonged use, and repeated Armor-All-ing of the pads somehow made my K81DJs manageable. YMMV, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back