Official K-81 DJ thread
Sep 2, 2006 at 9:16 AM Post #1,411 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaughtfried
Sure. The Armor All I've been using is the type that comes from the bottle; nothing too fancy. I just pour some of it onto a cloth and wipe it on the pad's surface. The bottle says that untreated materials should be given 3 treatments roughly 1/2 an hour apart; it's actually pretty accurate. From there I've been going with daily treatments.

The changes are pretty easy to catch. Aside from an increase in luster and gloss, the pleather gives way significantly easier hence giving it a "supple" texture. Prior to the treatment I found the pleather to be somewhat hard and brittle kinda like something you'd find in a cheap wallet. Afterwards it feels more like the pleather used in my sofa; exceedingly soft and cloth-like.

Being that I have sensitive skin, I was worried that I'd get some sort of rash or reaction out of it. Fortunately, I can say that there have been none so far.

*edit*
I can't really tell if there's a difference in SQ; however, my initial guess is that there isn't. On the upside, I can now re-bend the headband for a tighter fit without any real discomfort.

there are so many different versions of armor all leather wipes can you please point out which one from their site?

http://www.armorall.com/prods_interior.html

thanx

Sep 2, 2006 at 1:43 PM Post #1,412 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
Is it worth getting the K81DJ if I already have the Senn HD 25-1? I'm curious about the K81DJ but can't help think that the HD 25-1's must be better due to the price difference.

I think overall the HD25-1 is much better, but I will say the bass of the K81DJ is very addicting.

Sep 2, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #1,414 of 2,661
Sep 2, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #1,415 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCIII
I hate to say read the whole thread, but someone (and I forget who) did just that - posted pictures of himself with them on. So go ahead and look back.

Yes, they fold up very nicely, nad though not pockeable, are easily tossed in a backpack, so portablity is no issue.

And yes again, they can esily be driven by an iPod (though they sound sooooo much better amped).

I've been searching for about an hour and a half now, if someone could direct me to these pictures it would be nice.

Sep 2, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #1,417 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeyedhobbit
I've been searching for about an hour and a half now, if someone could direct me to these pictures it would be nice.

Here ya go:
AKGK81DJ.jpg

Sep 2, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #1,418 of 2,661
Gaughtfried said:
Here ya go:

Yeah, I saw that one, and it makes these look that much more appealing for portable use. I was hoping to see a few different ones, however. Better perspective and all (differeent angles, different head sizes).

Sep 3, 2006 at 11:37 PM Post #1,421 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by hiredgun
How's the isolation? I need isolation for my dorm. Is the isolation comparable to the HD280 isolation?

It's quite good, better than I recall the 280's as having been. It's not nearly as comfortable as the 280, but sounds better.

Sep 5, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #1,424 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woosh
can permanent damage be done playing the k81s at full volume onthe ipod?...

Most definitely.
A deaf brother isn't necessarily a bad thing though.Depends on the type of your relationship.
OTOH an idiot in the family constantly complaining about his tinnitus might be annoying.

Since I've got them I'm looking for a use for the k81crap.
That's it.
Finally a purpose.They might be quite good for deafening hated family members.

BTW, your concerns regarding the cans somewhat remind me of a severe motorcycle crash I've once had.My "friend" (the owner of the bike) did burst into tears about the shattered Kawa.
Me lying on the street with lots of broken bones watching him desperately dancing around the wreck wasn't exactly amusing.
Well, fortunately someone else called 911.

Sep 5, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #1,425 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woosh
can permanent damage be done playing the k81s at full volume onthe ipod? cause i think thats what my brother was doing when i came home today...

Playing any headphone at full volume off any source (iPod, amp, ect.) is stupid. Not to mention potentially harmful to ones hearing. If the volume doesn't get you, the distortion will. Permanent hearing damage is not a good thing, for anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back