Official K-81 DJ thread
Aug 14, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #1,216 of 2,661
To the left of the A (of the AKG on the metal band) I bend the outer part up, while holding the "AKG" area with my other hand. Then I did the same thing to the right of G. That way the top does not flatten out, but stays round, meanwhile the clamping is reduced. Then you can sort of hold the band in each hand, outside of the "AKG" part, and then push them toward each other, sort of pushing the middle part (where it says "AKG") up further, to not put pressure on the top of your head. works great.

Aug 14, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #1,217 of 2,661
plus folks, the velour is really more forgiving than pleather. you'll find that you won't need to bend the band as much when you use velours.

Aug 14, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #1,218 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
plus folks, the velour is really more forgiving than pleather. you'll find that you won't need to bend the band as much when you use velours.

do you notice any difference in the sound with velour pads? i'm tempted to try.

Aug 14, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #1,220 of 2,661
Sennheiser HD25 velour pads are a perfect fit. You get more ambient noise and a little less bass - both due to having less seal (fuzz doesn't press as flush to your skin as sweaty pleather will) but it only took a listen or two to get used to it. The payoff is now I can wear these cans for hours since there's actual physical comfort, in both the pressing and the non-sweating.

Aug 14, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #1,221 of 2,661
Wow thanks VR6. Just bent them and wow, what a diffrence! They are really comfortable now and I will have no problem wearing them for hours.

Aug 14, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #1,222 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Sennheiser HD25 velour pads are a perfect fit. You get more ambient noise and a little less bass - both due to having less seal (fuzz doesn't press as flush to your skin as sweaty pleather will) but it only took a listen or two to get used to it. The payoff is now I can wear these cans for hours since there's actual physical comfort, in both the pressing and the non-sweating.

I must get HD25 pads. I shall order from Sennheiser USA right? Thanks Jahn.

Aug 14, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #1,223 of 2,661
I still maintain that the HD25 velours are the worst sonic purchase I've made for any of my headphones. They completely destroyed the bass, and even muddied up the mids and highs a bit. I just don't see how, when A/Bing, you could like the sound of the velours.

Aug 14, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #1,224 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by benton
Wow thanks VR6. Just bent them and wow, what a diffrence! They are really comfortable now and I will have no problem wearing them for hours.

See what I am saying!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 14, 2006 at 10:51 AM Post #1,226 of 2,661
Depends. Slightly.

Aug 14, 2006 at 12:46 PM Post #1,228 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
If you look at post 1204, you will see that with them fully extended there is ~4" of space between the pad surfaces. I don't know about you but my head is wider than 4".

of course, but it is really wide compared to the "unhappy owner" pic you posted, just a general comparison.

Aug 14, 2006 at 1:30 PM Post #1,229 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
I still maintain that the HD25 velours are the worst sonic purchase I've made for any of my headphones. They completely destroyed the bass, and even muddied up the mids and highs a bit. I just don't see how, when A/Bing, you could like the sound of the velours.

Agreed.

Aug 14, 2006 at 2:05 PM Post #1,230 of 2,661
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woosh
does bending them out decrease isolation and reduce bass?

As I have stated earlier in this thread, you can 'tune' the bass by adjusting the clamping force (bending) and the positioning of the cups on your ears. As soon as you weaken the seal, you will start to reduce bass. I find it actually works positively for these cans, being so bassy from the get go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back