Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Oct 16, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #6,631 of 10,664
  I find the iPod Classic still the best DAP on market. I have tried many of so-called audiophile DAP's, and none of them sound better than the Classic.

Oh come on. I agree on UI & battery life, but sound? I can't listen to them straight off, only as transport. My DX100 is miles ahead in terms of sound quality.

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #6,632 of 10,664
Oh come on. I agree on UI & battery life, but sound? I can't listen to them straight off, only as transport. My DX100 is miles ahead in terms of sound quality.

I have tried Fiio x3, Pono, Hisound RocooBA, and many Sony's - X1050, A15, A865. And none of them sounds better to me.

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #6,635 of 10,664
Differences can be subtle, but each dap has their strong points. Ipod is a good affordable choice. Esp for the battery life and Ui. I remember being really used to the sound of my iPod and having trouble accepting a different sound, let alone better. A song is a song is a song. A really well recorded song will will sound good on a lot of stuff. Variables include file types etc. I think there are too many variables to single out DAPs themselves without considering the synergy of all them.

I think one of the purposes of having a hobby like this is to analyze and obsess over subtle differences and improvements. Sometimes they add up to something special for the individual.

Some will always say they can't hear the difference, others will definitely hear it and enjoy it.

In other news, any recommendations for a replacement headphone jack for an iPod video 5th gen 30gb? Will any do?

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #6,637 of 10,664
Hi, has anyone in Europe found a way to buy this damn 2000mah battery ?
I've just sell a bunch of stuff to upgrade my ipod with a dual sd iflash and a 2000mah to discover that the suggested ebay vendor doesn't ship to europe ... And I can't find anyone else selling this battery. Even outside of ebay. Please help me

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #6,638 of 10,664
EDIT: I was having  problems finding a seller for the 2000mah battery in Europe, it turns out that the suggested ebay seller here, has also a website, and it ships worldwide http://www.super-ipod.com/index.php?route=common/home FIY :)

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #6,641 of 10,664
  Hi, has anyone in Europe found a way to buy this damn 2000mah battery ?
I've just sell a bunch of stuff to upgrade my ipod with a dual sd iflash and a 2000mah to discover that the suggested ebay vendor doesn't ship to europe ... And I can't find anyone else selling this battery. Even outside of ebay. Please help me

Lots of them at AliExpress. I recently bought some of them for thin and thick iPod Videos and they are OK.
  I just order the 2000mAh batteries direct from super-ipod.com, no problem.
Shipping to UK is $10

I bought this one and its cheap and it works great :)
http://es.aliexpress.com/item/high-capacity-1900mah-upgrade-li-ion-battery-for-ipod-5th-gen-video-30gb/32226273996.html?adminSeq=110203186&shopNumber=901287

However I haven´t been able to find a simple reliable thin battery for my last ipod mod. :p It must be all old stock.

Not affiliated with Ali-Express . :wink:

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #6,642 of 10,664
Differences can be subtle, but each dap has their strong points. Ipod is a good affordable choice. Esp for the battery life and Ui. I remember being really used to the sound of my iPod and having trouble accepting a different sound, let alone better. A song is a song is a song. A really well recorded song will will sound good on a lot of stuff. Variables include file types etc. I think there are too many variables to single out DAPs themselves without considering the synergy of all them.

I think one of the purposes of having a hobby like this is to analyze and obsess over subtle differences and improvements. Sometimes they add up to something special for the individual.

Some will always say they can't hear the difference, others will definitely hear it and enjoy it.

In other news, any recommendations for a replacement headphone jack for an iPod video 5th gen 30gb? Will any do?

Music lovers listen to music with their gear, audiophiles listen to their gear with music :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back