Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
May 28, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #3,016 of 10,664
  Cool! That's all I needed. Thanks a lot!!
beerchug.gif

Wouldn't it be easier to just buy a used iPod Video off eBay? It'll cost around $50-60.

May 29, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #3,021 of 10,664
Hi Together :)

I have an iPod 7th Gen with a 240 GB HDD Mod. But the HDD just stopped working so i think about to Upgrade to a SSD. But is there a way to get a SSD work with an iPod Classic 7th Gen? I heard there are some issues with the 7th Gen. I also heard from the Tarkan Mod. But the development status is a prototype ATM...

I am interested to upgrade my iPod 7th Gen wit This or This SSD - with a mSATA to ZIF Adapter, but I have no Idea which could work with my iPod...

TheVelvetFog

May 29, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #3,022 of 10,664
  Hi Together :)

I have an iPod 7th Gen with a 240 GB HDD Mod. But the HDD just stopped working so i think about to Upgrade to a SSD. But is there a way to get a SSD work with an iPod Classic 7th Gen? I heard there are some issues with the 7th Gen. I also heard from the Tarkan Mod. But the development status is a prototype ATM...

I am interested to upgrade my iPod 7th Gen wit This or This SSD - with a mSATA to ZIF Adapter, but I have no Idea which could work with my iPod...

TheVelvetFog

Only the Tarkan iFlash SATA adapter is working with the iPod Classic. My Crucial 256gb mSATA card failed when I used it with the adapter. I am on hold with Crucial to RMA this card and will also test a 500gb Samsung EVO card with a 6th gen and a 6.5th gen iPod today.

May 29, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #3,025 of 10,664
Hi all!

I have an iPod Classic 6th gen, the 80GB model.
My hard drive is dying slowly, and when it dies, I want to replace it for another one.

The question is, can I replace it for a ZIF SSD or half-size ZIF SSD drive, or just "normal" HDD drive compatible with it?
I need to know what to order.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

May 29, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #3,026 of 10,664
  Hi all!

I have an iPod Classic 6th gen, the 80GB model.
My hard drive is dying slowly, and when it dies, I want to replace it for another one.

The question is, can I replace it for a ZIF SSD or half-size ZIF SSD drive, or just "normal" HDD drive compatible with it?
I need to know what to order.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

You can replace the drive this 160gb one.

May 29, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #3,027 of 10,664
  Only the Tarkan iFlash SATA adapter is working with the iPod Classic. My Crucial 256gb mSATA card failed when I used it with the adapter. I am on hold with Crucial to RMA this card and will also test a 500gb Samsung EVO card with a 6th gen and a 6.5th gen iPod today.

No joy, the Samsung 500gb EVO card didn't work with either adapters, tried it with two eBay adapters and the Tarkan BETA iFlash SATA adapter.  Used two iPod video, one 5th gen and the other 5.5th gen, also tested the card with my trustworthy 80gb iPod Classic.

All I got was red X's and Sad iPod faces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back