Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Nov 9, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #9,751 of 10,664
i'm curious -- i see a bunch of "NOS" gen 5s on ebay from shenzhen/china.

i'm assuming these are all fake/frenkenstein/refurbs? or is there literally an endless supply of never used up ipods still sitting around in china?

all of them show still in sealed up box so you can't tell what's in there, but would it come with all the paper work, stickers, pouch, etc? anyone ever buy one of those?

Interesting, but sounds too good to be true. If it is NOS the battery might be not good anymore. But I also appreciate any comments on this.

Nov 12, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #9,753 of 10,664
So I will answer this question by myself :) I just received a Kingspec 32GB SSD ZIF and I can confirm that it works perfectly in an iPod Classic 7th generation 160GB slim. Cheap, painless and very effective - I'm really happy and hope it will last for many years!

Regards

It has been 4 years and I waned to follow up! The Kingspec SS has been going strong - the iPod still works great!

Nov 23, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #9,757 of 10,664
That's good news!

OF or RB? I'll be using it in a 6th gen so obviously I'll be staying with RB.[/QUOTE
That's good news!

OF or RB? I'll be using it in a 6th gen so obviously I'll be staying with RB.
RB, OS is only possible for up to 50000 songs... mine even stopped working with 35000. Now I have about 150000 running on RB

Nov 26, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #9,760 of 10,664
Hey guys, I have 5th gen Red Wine Audio iMod. It has an 256GB SD card and SD card adapter ,and a Tarkin CF
adapter. Thick back case cover.

Lately I feel like the battery in it has died prematurely. Few months and it's dead. I was going to buy another 850mAh replacement on Amazon ,but thought I'd reach out for other alternatives. Do I have any other options that fit reasonably without having to jam it in?

I tried the 2000mAh but never got it working because the ribbon needs to be kinked and twisted in stupid fashion. Is there anything like a 1500mAh?

Thanks for any suggestions!!
Dan

Nov 29, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #9,761 of 10,664
$_3.JPG
Hey guys, I have 5th gen Red Wine Audio iMod. It has an 256GB SD card and SD card adapter ,and a Tarkin CF
adapter. Thick back case cover.

Lately I feel like the battery in it has died prematurely. Few months and it's dead. I was going to buy another 850mAh replacement on Amazon ,but thought I'd reach out for other alternatives. Do I have any other options that fit reasonably without having to jam it in?

I tried the 2000mAh but never got it working because the ribbon needs to be kinked and twisted in stupid fashion. Is there anything like a 1500mAh?

Thanks for any suggestions!!
Dan

Hi Dan,
I know you've been involved in iMods for a while. Is your Tarkan adapter the newest version? The newer one's are thinner and fit the bigger batteries easier. I've got one with the 2000mah & one with the 3000mah & both fit without having to force the case closed. Also, you shouldn't have to twist the battery ribbon but you do have to fold it. I'll try to attach an image. Also, the 2000mah isn't available any more. I think you'd really like the bigger batteries. They last much longer.

Dec 4, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #9,762 of 10,664
well, another data point on my ipod saga and another hitting the wall.

i've downcoverted everything to 256AAC with ipod sync and got somewhere to around 39000 songs and everything was fine. i tried syncing another genre that brought me to 41000 and it crapped out again.

so i start over all over again :frowning2:. i

Dec 11, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #9,765 of 10,664

Users who are viewing this thread

Back