Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Apr 5, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #7,576 of 10,664
My 5.5G Classic with 2x 256gb SD cards has developed a fault today.

I had it charging via USB cable connected to my laptop all morning. Since disconnecting from the PC, the screen has been flickering between pure white (very faint ghost of what should be displayed on the screen) to normal.

It seems worst when I do something like press a button.

I'm guessing it's a loose cable between the screen and the logic board. Is that an easy fix if I open the ipod back up? Anything else it's likely to be before I do that?

Apr 5, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #7,577 of 10,664
My 5.5G Classic with 2x 256gb SD cards has developed a fault today.

I had it charging via USB cable connected to my laptop all morning. Since disconnecting from the PC, the screen has been flickering between pure white (very faint ghost of what should be displayed on the screen) to normal.

It seems worst when I do something like press a button.

I'm guessing it's a loose cable between the screen and the logic board. Is that an easy fix if I open the ipod back up? Anything else it's likely to be before I do that?

Probably is that.  I've had that happen.  I have a suspicion that the dual adaptor can press very slightly too much on the back of the screen.  I found removing and reinserting the screen cable seemed to fix it.

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #7,580 of 10,664
http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Notebooks-Ultrabooks-SMS200S3-120G/dp/B00CG8GTPO?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00 this is the ssd and this is the zif adapter http://www.amazon.com/mSATA-Adapter-Card-Toshiba-Hitachi/dp/B009BA5JU6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00   sorry if i cant post links

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #7,582 of 10,664
Maybe this is an obvious one, but when I plug in my iPod 5.5 gen 80gb with dual adaptor and 2 256gb PNY sd cards it no longer shows up on my MacBook Pro. It has the larger capacity battery. The iPod was virtually factory fresh when I got it and the stock battery held a long charge. Still have it if anyone needs one. Any advice? Things to try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back